ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Get Ready 2 Rokk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harvickfan2919  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that way because it is that way. There is a delay, which was fixed in GH2, but I can't help you there. It's not just you that noticed the delay.
fyeah  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheedie101 wrote:
Does anyone have any tips on the second activation?

I have no idea how to get it. It seems like there is a delay in GH1 after getting SP and it won't let you activate right away.

I mash the select as hard and as fast as i fucking can and I still don't get it, so I usually just turn the 2-2 into a 3 and skip over the 4th phrase.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyeah wrote:
cheedie101 wrote:

I have no idea how to get it. It seems like there is a delay in GH1 after getting SP and it won't let you activate right away.

I mash the select as hard and as fast as i fucking can and I still don't get it, so I usually just turn the 2-2 into a 3 and skip over the 4th phrase.

Best way to do it is to basically wait a split-second (counter-intuitive) and hit it right on the first RB chord. You'll get the next SP phrase if you hit the GY as late as you possibly can - just wait for the SP to run out and for the stars to appear. It's the only way I've had success compensating for that delay.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so, this is my last song to six star in GH1, and I'm having quite a bit of trouble with it. My high is 224,742, around 5k off the 6*. But recently I've been having difficulty getting anything above 210,000. (And I play this song pretty regularly since it's so fucking awesome)

In the chart linked below I've highlighted my current SP Path (In Blue) and where I usually miss (In Red).

Here!

The crazy scale in measure 20 I can hit rarely, if I do I can't regain the 8th note strumming and mess up the chords after it, hence why I activate the first SP right away. (Edit: In the past 4 or so runs I've had this morning I've comboed it everytime, so I may have figured this bit out)

The riff seen in Measures 60 / 61 and 117 onwards I can sometimes hit, mostly just the one in 60, at the end I can barely combo any of it. I finger it like this:

Code:
RB RB G RB YB YB G YB BO BO G BO GY
24 24 1 24 34 34 1 23 34 34 1 34 12

I've tried usuing {}'s SP Path but that first activation is too hard, I've only managed it once. Is there a better / easier path to get the 6*? Which things should I be working on hitting? I figure the all the points are in the cursed outro, does anyone have tips for that?

This is really my only goal before retiring from GH for good (and I'm serious this time! =P)
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activate star power on the last activation 4 measures later for quite a few more points(activate on measure 113). Also(and this is just an idea), try getting 3 phrases then activating instantly for the first activation(your second activation probably doesn't get you a lot since the triplets break combo, but I could be wrong). That does mean hitting that GY hold for star power, but you'll still have a full bar for the next activation. I would find out what score you have at that GY hold with both ways, then see which works best. Good luck 6-starring it.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Frenchfry  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does hitting the 5th phrase make the optimal score higher?
while still using the 2-2 at the beginning
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: frenchfry290
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: That post was retarded. I miscounted the number of measures the 3rd activation lasted as 7 instead of the full 8 somehow, so hitting that phrase makes no difference. Also, I completely miscalculated the time between notes for the 2nd activation before. With .237 seconds to spare and an additional 1/6 to squeeze from each note, you have .404 seconds to work around a delay that lasts somewhere around 1/3 of a second, still not sure on its exact duration.

Last edited by Cdw01 on Sat May 10, 2008 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
emptyset  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cdw01 wrote:
I'm almost 100% positive that you can't get an activation off fast enough there in GH1 due to the delay.

Umm...a few posts above yours...

emptyset wrote:
fyeah wrote:
cheedie101 wrote:

Best way to do it is to basically wait a split-second (counter-intuitive) and hit it right on the first RB chord. You'll get the next SP phrase if you hit the GY as late as you possibly can - just wait for the SP to run out and for the stars to appear. It's the only way I've had success compensating for that delay.

I (and others) have done this multiple times - if a path using that activation is indeed better than debr's path, feel free to post it.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
Cdw01 wrote:
I'm almost 100% positive that you can't get an activation off fast enough there in GH1 due to the delay.

Umm...a few posts above yours...

emptyset wrote:
fyeah wrote:
cheedie101 wrote:

I (and others) have done this multiple times - if a path using that activation is indeed better than debr's path, feel free to post it.

umm I'm not very good at paths and counting ticks, so i can't make another path.....but that 5th sp is getting realy easy for me to hit now, there's just no way to whammy it into a whole SP, because you have to hit it late(i have a vid of me hitting it, but i'll have to upload it)

EDIT: 5th Phrase hit on GR2R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: frenchfry290
k3v227  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/popemobile_photos/loser%20boy%20guitar%20hero/GR2RSPPATHATEMPT1_zps4dded3f2.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

based kev

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
k3v227  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerQuick wrote:
based kev

Troll sp path = Free points :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: