ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Twitch Plays Pokemon!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
There's definitely ways around that. There's a TP OoT which is set up so you type something like "up 300" and up will register for 300 milliseconds. The real problem is the 20+ second twitch lag. When I found the channel they were out of Kokiri forest though, so apparently they still managed to somehow 2-3-1 and defeat Gohma.

I haven't kept up with it though; it wasn't nearly as popular and 90% of the TPP appeal was the chaos of 40k+ viewers, plus the lag making it almost impossible.

That's just what I had in mind. Except maybe the amount of milliseconds is set , so you only say "up" and that means up for 300 milliseconds. You might want to allow multiple buttons being pressed at the same time (except for opposite directional buttons), so you can walk diagonally, etc. Not that it matters but FFX can be played with only the D-pad.

Indeed Kubuh's point about deaths is the problem that I see with FFX. Maybe FFXIII would work, but who wants to play that? (I'm kidding, it has its merits, but it's not particularly popular. I haven't really decided what to make of it myself.) Something else that I would love to see, given the criteria and everything, is Pokemon Colosseum or XD. I can think of no reason why that wouldn't work. In fact a lot of 3D games of this style (no jumping, no timed events (FFXIII has a bit of that)) have the additional perk of probably having no need for the Democracy mode. These games have no narrow passages or puzzles where one misstep means that you have to start over.

As for solving the death situation in FFX (it's my favorite game, I don't wanna give up ), maybe it would work if you prepared a (virtual) memory card with room for only one save. If TPP can use Pokemon centers, they can use save points and with just one slot, it's easy to get right. But dammit, I'm forgetting about the worst problem. When it's game over and the title screen appears, they may pick "New Game". No way around that unless you hack the game, I suppose. Well that sucks... So... Pokemon Colosseum, then? Does anybody think there's something that will go wrong with that one? Are there even any good GameCube emulators?
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe to say this died out pretty quickly. They aren't even logging highlights anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: