ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
[SOLVED] Table error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Table error Reply with quote

Following the move to the new server (or somewhere around there), I've noticed that the tables I used to document my FCs and such on my Wiki no longer display properly. I looked at the sandbox to see if it just wasn't something I messed up, and the table that uses the same kind of table that I did (the "Sound of Thunder" excerpt) has the same problem. I even checked the profile of the original person I got the tables from, Dansoup, and they're wrong as well.

I'm not that well versed in how to navigate coding, so I'd rather not experiment myself and screw something up. If there's anyone who can help with finding the right coding for these tables to work I'd appreciate the help.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little bit of tinkering in the sandbox, but from what I can tell the ""<TABLE><TABLE>"" thing is broken or simply doesn't work anymore after the move.

Here's what I think is the most base code for it. There might be outliers that could be removed to get the most basic table, but I don't know what that is.

This is the result of the above code. That entire space between "Edit below this line" and "Page Title" is where the table is SUPPOSED to be, but as you can see there isn't anything on screen to denote where the table IS.

Going back to what I originally mentioned, This is what it looks like on my own wiki Page. The most annoying part is that each of the tables simply overlap each other; if this wasn't happening it'd be annoying but tolerable.

This is the Sound of Thunder excerpt that uses the <TABLE> code in the Sandbox.

And [url=http://gyazo.com/539889bf1d0f4bada6d3ea8ceb77963e]This
is where I originally got the tables from. As you can see, there is supposed to be three different columns of tables for each difficulty, but they aren't present anymore.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone with more knowledge of coding could look into this. And if this should be in the wiki discussion page, please move it there.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After investigating, looks like it had to do with the HTMLPurify plugin used by the wiki that I updated as part of the server migration process. It blocks any potentially malicious HTML from being rendered and had to be reconfigured to allow certain tags and attributes (including <table>).

Your wiki page no longer has overlapping text, so I believe it's fixed. Let me know if you're still encountering trouble.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, why would "<table>" be "malicious HTML"?

EDIT: Well, there's no more overlapping text, but it's still not the same colored boxes that it was pre-move. Is that a particular problem with the <bgcolor> HTML, or have you not worked on that?

JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't be under typical uses, although certain attributes like "style" (e.g. <table style="...") can allow for injection that could alter the style of the webpage outside of the body of your page (e.g. changing menu links, etc.). Also any rendered HTML must be validated to not allow escaping from the expected context. For example, if </table> were allowed and rendered as HTML with no opening <table> tag, it could destroy the layout of the page.

There's a huge range of security issues associated with user-input rendered HTML which is why it must be parsed and handled properly.

But to get back to the point, while the plugin protects against those concerns it didn't actually consider <table> to be malicious. I just had to go back and reconfigure the tags that I wished to allow as HTML (it was stripping out everything).

EDIT: Let me check on that. Not sure if it's the problem, but it looks like several of your tables are missing <tr> (table row) tags. All td's must be inside tr's. The format should look like this (with possibly more rows, and an equal number of <td></td> inside each row):

<table><tr><td>data here</td><td>data here</td></tr></table>

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting it like that reverts the table to the look it had before, so thanks for that. However, it seems that it's no longer smaller and has all the info inside stretching the table out more than it needs to. I admit, I was hoping that that would make it go back to having it require you to scroll after a certain amount of data between each <TD></TD>, but if that's not something that works, then I guess I can live with that.

This is what it looks like with the added <tr> codes. What I remember of their original look was that it cut off at around Monkey Gone to Heaven and there was a scrollbar on the side of that box so you could see the rest of the info.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, while I was looking at the homepage for the User Score Statistics link, I noticed this. It seems that whatever breaks and formatting there was for that box disappeared.

I suppose it's not exactly correct to post it here as opposed to its own thread, but it's somewhat relevant and a good way of letting you know about it.

JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for the scrolling behavior you relied on the a style property overflow (e.g. <div style="overflow:auto;...">). This is currently being blocked, and when I try to enable it, it results in the overlapping text that you were having trouble with before. So I think even though it worked previously, there's something wrong with the HTML format which is now getting converted by HTMLPurify (similar to bgcolor not working because of missing tr tags).

If you can demonstrate working HTML here http://htmlsandbox.com/ (or anywhere else on the web) for how you want the boxes to behave, I'll take a look at the code and try to replicate getting it to work on the wiki.

Thanks for spotting the error on the homepage, I've enabled a few more tags which seem to have fixed the problem there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: