ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Now that its been out for a couple of years, opinions on the GH6tar?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXEprog527  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before my start button problem a few posts up, and near the start of my using the GH:WoR guitar, I also had a problem with it double strumming. But after taking apart the strum bar area in the guitar and reassembling it worked fine until this.

As an update I even tried taking the start button out completely (even the rubber part that makes contact with the circuitboard and it still spams itself like crazy so I guess theres something wrong with the board and not easily fixable.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to leave the batteries out of mine. it has a bad receiver.

if the batteries are in it will randomly turn my 360 on. it isn't spamming Start though.

While playing the range on the receiver seems pretty iffy and it loses its connection very easily.

other than that the guitar is fantastic mechanically.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel like I'll chip in that my WoRtar recently started up with the start button/turning on xbox issue that a few of you have mentioned.

Has anyone looked into this problem at all? Anyone know exactly what's wrong and possibly any fixes (temporary or permanent)?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Feel like I'll chip in that my WoRtar recently started up with the start button/turning on xbox issue that a few of you have mentioned.

Has anyone looked into this problem at all? Anyone know exactly what's wrong and possibly any fixes (temporary or permanent)?

I have the problem too. If I had to speculate, I'd guess that if you found a way to have the guide button pressed down permanently, whether it be with tape or glue, you might be able to play games without having to worry about the guide button coming up constantly. I just have no idea how to keep it pressed down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont remember if it's a switch or just a rubber pad, but if it's a rubber pad, maybe just removing it will fix the issue.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved the gh6 axe, but STRICTLY because of the awesome look, and feel of it. i have gone through 3! of them. in mabye 1-1.5years time. not joking. all three guitars were repaired atleast once in that time. 1 eventually fully fried, the other, im ashamed to say, i smashed it out of anger when it wouldn't stop f**kin up mid-battle on xbl. the third is stored away in my closet of misfit electronics where it will remain.....FOREVER! point is, MABYE I somehow happened upon three duds. but i mean, my lucks bad, but........... I wouldn't recommend is where im goin with this haha
bmx6454  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:

and yes, i found the cause of this good sire. as i said, i repaired three of them (more than once) > and it turned out that the solder conections on the brides from board to board develop very small cracks. thats why if you press firmly on the select button, it will subdue, or cure the problems temporarily. (i used a c-clamp one day cause i didnt have a spare guitar at the time lmao...Dont try this though....trust me...) i opened her up, and reflowed the solder on each and ever last point on the board. and it fixed it for about a month. mabye b/c i only used a cheapo iron, and i required higher temps? or mabye it just needed all new solder entirely? but yea. thats the source of the issue bud. cracked solder somewhere. nvr could find the exact joint.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My strum bar squeeks like a maniac which is the only problem I have with it. Anyone know a fix for this?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buMf00d wrote:
My strum bar squeeks like a maniac which is the only problem I have with it. Anyone know a fix for this?

put some good grease on both ends of the pivot (where the strumbar is held) and also a small amount on the switch's lever. mine did this day one and it stop squeeking after applying some grease.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
buMf00d wrote:

put some good grease on both ends of the pivot (where the strumbar is held) and also a small amount on the switch's lever. mine did this day one and it stop squeeking after applying some grease.

Thanks for the advice, how hard is it to open up and put it back together?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buMf00d wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
buMf00d wrote:

Thanks for the advice, how hard is it to open up and put it back together?

takes 20mins to do the job and play again. Torx T10, a small Phillips screwdriver and patience. dont be shy when you need to pull out wehre the electronics are. it's kinda held in place very well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be the unluckiest person ever to have bought the WoRtar (X360 version). From all I've read about, it's not a bad guitar at all, but mine simply is. The fret buttons are what makes mine so bad - they're just way too hard to push down and their feedback force is so great, I would constantly keep releasing long notes since I have to hold them down with more strength than any other GH guitar I've had so far. I have many SGs, a Kramer, and a half-broken Les Paul (X360) (which, by the way, I'm seeking for help in another thread due to its weird malfunction) and all of these have playable frets. I honestly can't play any fast and even not-so-fast solo with the WoRtar.

As for the strum bar, it actually felt very weird for me, for the fact its edge is weirdly shaped and it's a lot thinner than the normal strum bars of older guitars; although of course that is just a personal opinion about it. Other than that, it strums nicely.

The long whammy bar makes a little harder for me to play since I tend to let the thing down. The Select button is obviously easier to press due to its placement.

I also noticed the guitar is definitely heavier than SG, Kramer and Les Paul; it does provide more stability, though. I haven't played much with that guitar to see if I prefer that way, but it doesn't seem to be a very important factor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: