ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GUIDE: How to change animations and camera in GH3PC (1.01 - 4/10/2014)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mexicanobrazil  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: GUIDE: How to change animations and camera in GH3PC (1.01 - Reply with quote

How to change animations and camera in GH3 PC
Version 1.01
Last Update: 04/10/2014

This guide, described below, will help us to understand and teach everybody how to program some animations in Guitar Hero III PC version. This guide is not finished, since everything is being studied. And if there's something confused (I have to confess that I have problem teaching people), don't hesitate to ask.

Remember, this guide is not completed, especially because it's something uncovered in a tutorial recently, so this will take some time before uncover every kind of animation manipulated by everybody and everything will be explained in time. So be patient.

Furthermore, if you're looking for Lightning, Crowd and Camera for PS2, you'll need to go here and try this one first: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61931

You will need the following files (For PC VERSION):
Queen Bee 1.9
FeedBack (For references)
GH III PC Version (with GHTCP) (I bet it works with other ones, but I'll recommend this one for now)
A custom song in PAK.XEN
PS: GH Aerosmith's support is unknown, but since the files works the same way, support is possible.

Understanding the pak.xen file

Inside a custom song, there'll be only a solo file. That's your QB file you'll need to edit, so there's no mistake. So, let's open a song using PAX (don't worry about debug file, it's not necessary in a custom song). Here's the first image you'll see:

Notice there's only one file. Our qb file. We'll edit this one. Let's open the file and go just a little bit to the end. You'll find something like this:

In your Queen Bee, you'll notice this row of SectionArray with Floats after the space designed for the Section names. That's where we'll operate. For now, you can't see their functions, but I'll help you out. According to GameZelda's QB File research and to Hit Me With Your Best Shot's Debug File, the order and utilization for that ones is below:

script_notes (not really sure yet)
    anim_notes (changes band animation)
    triggers_notes (not sure, but triggers special effects)
    cameras_notes (changes camera position)
    lightshow_notes (changes lightning)
    crowd_notes (changes crowd effect)
    drums_notes (controls drummer)
    performance_notes (controls band performance, I think)
    scripts (not sure, but this surely specifies script_notes)
    anim (specifies animations)
    triggers (specifies trigger events)
    cameras (specifies camera position, since camera_notes generates one camera from a range of cameras programmed)
    lightshow (specifies, in a way, lightning)
    crowd (specifies crowd animation)
    drums (specifies drummer's beats)
    performance (this specifies band performance, like singer stance and jumps)

Putting the event

All right, we're ready to go. This is very easy, but any step can put issues in your song, so I bet you didn't forget to backup the file. You need to change some things. First, we'll change the "_notes" one.
THIS TUTORIAL WILL UNDERSTAND THAT YOU KNOWS HOW TO SET, UPDATE AND SAVE TO DISK. DON'T FORGET TO DO THAT. YOU WERE WARNED.
    1 - Select your SectionArray you want to change. Right-click on it and Add the command ArrayArray as a child.
    2 - Select the ArrayArray. Right-click on it and add the command ArrayInteger as a child.
    3 - Don't forget to erase the Floats command.

Now, for the ArrayInteger. See the image:

There are 3 numbers. First one is the time. The time is in MILISECONDS and don't forget this or you'll screw up. The second one is the event. You need to put the event number (from the list below). The third one is the time. The time is also in MILISECONDS. In this example, I have the crowd event 72 (Applause_overhang) at 0:00.933 (the very first note to be precisely), during 0:00.473.

SPECIFIC COMMANDS

For specific commands, each one has its ways. Now I'll help this one out. There's a tutorial for each one of them. For now, Lightning and Animations will be used here. Later, as we research it, it'll be add.

LIGHTNING
    1 - Go to Lightning area (13th row)
    2 - Add Child to SectionArray > ArrayStruct
    3 - Add Child to Array Struct > StructHeader
    4 - Now you'll add 3 Childs for StructHeader. StructItemInterger, StructItemQbKey and StructItemStruct.
    5 - For StructItemInterger, set Item QB Key as "time" Using String and the time in milliseconds as the number as Int.
    6 - For StructItemQbKey, write "scr" as your Item QB Key and "LightShow_SetTime" as yout QB Key, both of them using String.
    7 - Add a Child for StructItemStruct and click on StructItemFloat. Also, write params as your Item QB Key using String.
    8 - For StructItemFloat, write "time" as your Item QB Key using String and for Decimal, your time in seconds, separated by a comma (,) and using Float.

ANIMATIONS
    1 - Go to Performance Area (Last Row)
    2 - Add Child to SectionArray > ArrayStruct
    3 - Add Child to Array Struct > StructHeader
    4 - Now you'll add 3 Childs for StructHeader. StructItemInterger, StructItemQbKey and StructItemStruct.
    5 - For StructItemInterger, set Item QB Key as "time" Using String and the time in milliseconds as the number as Int.
    6 - For StructItemQbKey, write "scr" as your Item QB Key and put "Band_PlayAnim" or "Band_ChangeStance" as yout QB Key, both of them using String.
    7 - Add 2 Childs for StructItemStruct and click on StructItemQbKey. Also, write "params" as your Item QB Key using String.
    8 - The First StructItemQbKey, your Item QB Key will be "name". For QB Key, you'll select the person. It can be guitarist, bassist, drummer or vocalist . Also, both in string.
    9 - Now pay attention for the second StructItemQbKey. If you want to play animation, write "anim" as your Item QB Key and the animation for your QB Key, both in string. If you want to change stance, write "stance" as your Item QB Key and choose your stance (all of them has at least 2 stances, A and B) for your QB Key. Write "Stance_A" or "Stance_B". Also, both has to be written in strings.
    OPTIONAL - There's a command by the name of "no_wait". I suppose this one IS to execute immediately. If you want to do it, add a 3rd StructItemQbKey in your StructItemStruct. Leave the 0 numbers as your Item QB Key and write the command "no_wait" for your QB Key.

WARNINGS NOTES
FOR CAMERAS AND LIGHTNING: For cameras and lightning, you should synchronize the events, linking one with another. If for some reason, there's a blank in the time, the game will randomize the last camera and lock lightning in the last event registered. Also, for Flare Lightning, don't forget to set time for it using the "lightshow" array (See Above)
FOR DRUMMER: There's a difference. If the game can't see the drummer's beat, it'll consider null and the drummer won't play that note at that time. You need to synchronize. Use a pro tab to guide you.
FOR CROWD AND ANIMATION: Usually, crowd is related to sounds and animations. Supposing there's nothing for that time, nothing will happen.
FOR PERFORMANCE: If you don't specify it, nothing will change. Also, I think, in case of Guitarist and Bassist, they'll random their stances, but not jumping.

LIST OF EVENTS (Credits for the ones who uncovered lightning, cameras and crowd for PS2 version, used as a base in this part)
CAMERAS - Cameras change easily, just needing to put these numbers, time and duration and it'll work.
    79 - cameras_main (Main camera)
    80 - cameras_intro
    81 - cameras_solo
    82 - cameras_dolly (It looks like the same thing about orbit_stage, n. 92)
    83 - cameras_zoom (Like a right-to-left camera)
    84 - cameras_closeup
    85 - cameras_medium (Medium distance from Guitarist)
    86 - cameras_longshot (Longshot from Guitarist)
    87 - cameras_stage (Stage view, behind or front)
    88 - cameras_singer (Focus on singer)
    89 - cameras_drummer
    90 - cameras_solo (Guitar head camera)
    91 - cameras_orbit_stage (Orbit around guitarist's back, turned to crowd)
    92 - cameras_orbit_drummer (Orbit around drummer)
    93 - cameras_orbit_closeup (Close orbit around guitarist)
    94 - cameras_orbit_medium
    95 - cameras_guitar_closeup (Focus on Guitar's body)
    96 - cameras_starpower (Star power camera. Bet this one you won't use it so much)
    97 - cameras_bassist (Focus the bassist)
    98 - cameras_walk
    99 - cameras_vert_guitarist (It'll do a vertical movement focusing the guitarist)
    100 - cameras_vert_drummer (Vertical movement focusing drummer)
    101 - cameras_vert_stagefront (Vertical movement from Stage Front)
    102 - cameras_vert_stagerear (Vertical movemente from Stage Rear)
    103 - cameras_orbit_singer (Orbit around Singer)
    104 - cameras_singer_closeup (Close-up on Singer's face)
    105 - cameras_special (Looks like a special zoom in camera. Depends from each stage)
    106 - cameras_special01 (Special Camera from Stage)
    107 - cameras_special02 (Special Camera from Stage)
    108 - cameras_special03 (Special Camera from Stage)
    109 - cameras_special04 (Special Camera from Stage)
    110 - cameras_dolly_stagerear

CROWD - Like camera, it'll work easily. There are duplicated commands, but I don't think it'll interfere and their differences are not sure yet.
    72 - crowd_applause_override
    73 - crowd_surge_fast_override
    74 - crowd_surge_slow_override
    75 - crowd_applause
    76 - crowd_surge_fast
    77 - crowd_surge_slow
    78 - crowd_applause_override
    79 - crowd_surge_fast_override
    80 - crowd_surge_slow_override

LIGHTNING - This works like GH2 engine. But there are some things you should take note.
- Verse, chorus and solo works with snapshot_false and snapshot_true.
- Blackout usually works with settime. Studying more.
- Flare works with pyro. Strobe_false works with strobe, but you have to put it each time it has to change.
- Also, it seems that color works with anything, except blackout and flare.
    lightning_mood_intro - 76
    lightning_mood_verse - 75
    lightning_mood_chorus - 74
    lightning_mood_solo - 73
    lightning_mood_blackout - 72
    lightning_mood_flare - 71
    lightning_mood_strobe - 70
    lightning_color_green -
    lightning_color_red -
    lightning_color_blue -
    lightning_color_yellow -
    lightning_color_white -
    lightning_color_magenta -
    lightning_color_off -
    lightning_color_orange -
    lightning_color_purple -
    lightning_strobe_false - 60
    lightning_snapshot_true - 58
    lightning_snapshot_false - 57
    lightning_pyro - 56
    lightning_settime_1000
    lightning_settime_0900
    lightning_settime_0800
    lightning_settime_0700
    lightning_settime_0600
    lightning_settime_0500
    lightning_settime_0400
    lightning_settime_0300
    lightning_settime_0250
    lightning_settime_0200
    lightning_settime_0150
    lightning_settime_0100
    lightning_settime_0050
    lightning_settime_0000
    lightning_settime_default

ANIMATION - I noticed that animation and drums works together, since both times matches perfectly. I'm still studying this. The numbers found are:
    107 -
    108 -
    109 -
    110 - This one is related to drums.
    118 -
    121 - Looks like this one is also related to the drummer.
    122 -
    123 -
    124 -
    125 -
    126 -
    127 -

DRUMMER - Drummer works a little bit odd, but with animation working, you can make it work perfectly
    70 - Count-off (Remember that GHTCP Count-Off info? There's the way to pull it out. Also, this'll ring the sound programmed at the GHTCP, so there's no need to create a Count-Off audio in your song.)
    52 - High Tom
    64 -
    40 -
    68 -
    48 -
    56 -
    55 - Right Crash
    67 -
    60 - It looks like this one is related to animations. Bet is kick drum, but it needs some study.

FAQ
QUESTION: Can I overlay the events?
ANSWER: The drummer can overlay, since you can hit two places at same time (in some songs, there are four events for the drummer). But for cameras and lightning, there can be some issues regarding game's choice, so be careful with that.

QUESTION: Does this work with other versions aside from PC (Xbox/PS2/Wii)?
ANSWER: This tutorial is partially useless if you're using PS2. Why? Because buildgh3 already supports Lightning, Crowd and Camera using Feedback. In case of Xbox and Wii, you'll need to work manually to make it work. So yes, I believe it'll work, but for now, it wasn't test yet. If someone tested, let us know.

QUESTION: What about the singer? Can I make it sing?
ANSWER: Good question. There's something you should know about that. There's an animation command that specifically calls the face animation when the vocals start and all that are special animations for each song. Just in Hit Me With Your Best Shot, we can find 3 Face Animations working at there. I looked a little bit, but there's, for now, nothing inside the file that helps with this animation. In other words, there's nothing you can do for that. But with this, you can at least change stances and program some high notes (doesn't work without vocal track).

QUESTION: You mentioned "Face Animations". Do you know where it is?
ANSWER: This one I thing I can answer with good news for you. Let me show you this image:

As you can see, there are 5 files inside. 2 QB and 3 SKA files. If you can't figure it out yet, I will help with this questioning. What are these SKA files? According to the hex I found inside midi's configuration, it's supposed to be the click for Face Animations. How it could be? Let me remind you one thing. If you try to open Cliffs of Dover1s file, you'll notice there's no SKA files. This is because Cliffs of Dover is an instrumental song. As I said before, Hit Me With Your Best Shot has 3 Face Animations. This is because there are divided in 3 sectors: Verse 1 to Chorus 1, Verse 2 to Chorus 2 and Verse 3 to End (solo are not mentioned). So, yes, this file can be changed somehow (maybe binary program). Also in the video link below, it'll show an oddity when we try to activate such command in a custom song.

And there's another thing. I don't know if this is relevant, but there are some mentions about specific singers, so I suggest studying singers' animation file (Singer_male_anims, Singer_Female_Anims and Singer_Brett_anims) before doing this.

QUESTION: I tried to change but, there's nothing changing in game.
ANSWER: 4 main reasons:
    1 - You mistook some number or the position of the ArrayInteger. Go back to the file and review your choices.
    2 - You changed with the game running. For each change, you'll need to restart the game, since the old file was already read by the game. So in this case, just restart the game and try the song so you'll see the changes.
    3 - Remember: always Update and Save to Disk. If you forgot that, you'll need to start over (unless if you didn't close Queen Bee).
    4 - Somehow, not everything was uncovered yet, especially Animations and Drummer. So sometimes, it won't trigger. You should try another combination, but finding something different from here, please don't forget to share with everybody.

QUESTION: When I go to see the game to check the camera notes, the position changes from each gameplay. Why is this happening?
ANSWER: This one is complicated to answer, so pay attention.
    1 - Each event is related to a set of cameras, but some also has only one set of camera (orbit_drummer, for example). Unless if it's set in "camera", it'll change one and go on until next camera event. This is nothing strange, this is totally normal
    2 - Also, Main Cameras are supposed to be a little bit random. So it's normal
    3 - If these answers doesn't help you, try to look if there's a overlay problem, just in case.

QUESTION: But I still can't believe it. Can you show a video or something?
ANSWER: Well...There's not much, but here's the intro part of Q&A, by Marina Inoue and Saeko Zougou, which I used for this test. There's not much, since this is a 4-minute-song and I'm working on this tutorial and research by 7 days, this is the best I could figure for now.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26u4yo_tutorial-animations-gh3-pc-song-test-q-a-by-marina-inoue-saeko-zougou_videogames

Links:
Old QB File Format
Old Midi File Format
Lightning in GH3 PS2
Crowd in GH3 PS2
Camera in GH3 PS2

Changelog
1.0 - Initial Release
1.01 - Added a missing screenshot

Last edited by mexicanobrazil on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
coolethan1  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow
This is going to take a long time to learn :D
coolethan1  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also is it possible for a video tutorial
mexicanobrazil  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolethan1 wrote:
also is it possible for a video tutorial

Video tutorial? I will look for this possibility, but this can take some time.
coolethan1  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry
no need to make the tutorial soon
bizkitboii  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Oculus rift. Reply with quote

I have an idea, I'm just not sure how to do it.

Is there a way we can mod the camera and make it work for oculus rift?
I think it would be fun to play as the guitarist in first person and looking at the audience. would be awesome, if anyone up for helping with this idea message me
coolethan1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did you found the one that does the mouth
coolethan1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also this may be a bad question but
have you looked at the world tour ones
to see if they are the same
mexicanobrazil  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Oculus Rift and modding a Camera...well, let's suppose that's possible. So there has to be a file where it could change the camera position, since no camera brings first view. There's a file? I think there is, but how to change it, I'm in doubt. The file I think is camera.qb.xen and Queen Bee can't open it. I'm just supposing, I don't really know. But this could be a start.

For the mouth, there is but it's dead end for now. Let me use this image I posted to explain better:

This is Hit Me With Your Best Shot. There are 5 files. The first I don't understand (Does someone know?). The second is the chart itself. Then there are 3 files. These files ARE the Face Animation. In other words, mouth animation. Each one of these files are unique and each original song has some files like that, except instrumentals, like Cliffs of Dover. And since it's unique, they don't work in another song (in the video I posted, you'll see the animation error). At least this is the first conclusion of what I did.

Furthermore, each file means a part of the song. For example, in this case, if I remember, the first one goes from Verse 1 to Chorus 1. The second goes from Verse 2 to Chorus 2. The third goes from Bridge until the vocal ending (the order can be different from each song). So, to make it work, you'll need to crack .ska file and then change what's inside, so you can add in your song file and adapt them at the chart. And also you'll have to divide the files in order to make no face animation where's not supposed to have it (like Solo parts).

Now for World Tour...well, as far as I know, Queen Bee works with World Tour, Metallica and Smash Hits files, which means there's a possibility to change camera and effects (vocals are possible but works as a chart from now on). When I have a chance, I'll look for that. And also, thinking a little bit, since Guitar Hero works with pre-determinated effects and camera, it's likely possible to change it, not only on World Tour, Metallica and Smash Hits, but also on Band Hero, GH5, Van Halen and Warriors of Rock. Also, this is just another supposition, but noticing this info, maybe trying can be good.
Captainoffun22  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, so when I was look at your comment I'm not sure but, If I get a vocal chart to work will that do the lip sync?
Captainoffun22  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also talking about world tour.
mexicanobrazil  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captainoffun22 wrote:
Hello, so when I was look at your comment I'm not sure but, If I get a vocal chart to work will that do the lip sync?

World Tour will respond to the chart, and they'll do the lip sync, as far as I understand, so in this case, yes, this will happen. At least as far as I know.

Now, GH3 is "a mystery", since these files aren't cracked yet. Maybe they are charts and a simple vocal chart can solve the issue, making them singing the way we want. Maybe they are a pre-determined lip sync through recording (I think GH2 is using this method) and maybe recording an video and compressing into an .ska file will solve it too. They're separating each vocal part in each file. When it finishes, the singer will be idle OR they'll go straight to the next part (All The Young Dudes?). This is the only thing that we can be sure right now.

Good thing is: one issue called my attention and if I didn't mention, then I will now. It's likely certain (for now) that these files are unique and can't be used in another song. If you try to use it the singer will freeze for 1 or 2 seconds at the moment they're supposed to sing and then, it will turn to random singing. There's an example of that in the video I posted.
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Oculus rift. Reply with quote

bizkitboii wrote:
I think it would be fun to play as the guitarist in first person and looking at the audience. would be awesome, if anyone up for helping with this idea message me

Unnervingly prescient, considering GH:L...

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
coolethan1  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Tour will respond to the chart, and they'll do the lip sync, as far as I understand, so in this case, yes, this will happen. At least as far as I know.

sadly if you put a vocal chart it will still not sing the song as it did not open mouth in the all in one mod
RockBandKing  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might make a page for world tour as i'm trying to find out how.

But if i can get drums to work then there is still the singer that i got to find out how to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: