ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Custom songs in GH3 PC not working?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockster160  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Custom songs in GH3 PC not working? Reply with quote

Hey all! First post here- sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

Recently bought GH3 PC and was very disappointed when I saw that online isn't supported anymore... Mainly because of the loss of downloadable content. I was pleasantly surprised to see such an awesome community of people who make custom songs and apparently how easy it is to make them!
However... I've run into a little bit of an issue.

Following this guide:
www.mundayweb.com/progs/gh3-custom-songs.php

I managed to get a song into the songeditor list and accord the CMD, everything was successful. However, upon loading the game- I do not receive the error message that says it is corrupt, nor can I play my song in game...
I know I'm not giving a lot of info, but I'm not sure what information will help. Any ideas are appreciated. Looking forward to playing some songs that are actually challenging. :D

(The song is:
http://www.scorehero.com/custom_songs.php?order=&mode=2&song=Devil+went+down+to+georgia&songLetter=&artist=&artistLetter=&album=&albumLetter=&username=&timeNum=&timeType=4&sort=1&order=1&limit=50&submit=Search+Charts
Devil Went Down To Georgia... Thinking back it's the only song I've tried. Hopefully there isn't anything corrupt in the file, but I have to hit the hay. Don't have time to try a bunch more...)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Buldy  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using Guitar Hero Three Control Panel instead, never had a problem with it and is easier to use.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69818
rockster160  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried that too. Upon trying to "Open Game Settings" it pulls up a search window that says Find the Original Game Settings. If I navigate to the original game settings in Aspyr>GH3>DATA>PAK>qb.pab.xen, double clicking or selecting that file(Or any other file, for that matter...) lowers the window and then immediately pops it back up as if it failed. There are no other errors or messages of any kind.
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just type real quick how to get customs the proper way since you seems to have tried older methods (songlist editor lol) so basically install GH3, don't touch any of it after installing. Install the 1.3 patch which is required for GHTCP to work. You can replace the exe with the nocd afterward (which I recommend, it's honestly faster than loading the game from the disc because it's straight from your hdd) and GHTCP should work now. If it still doesn't work, let me know so I ca try to find what's wrong.

About the online part, it still works but you can no longer make accounts. I occasionally play online with friends (sharing accounts since hardly anyone have one) but it's like GH3 on XBL back when it was released, no DLC (customs work as long as both players use the same setlist and only have one setlist imported) and no hyperspeed unless you hack the game and increase the default highway speed manually (require queenbee which conflict with GHTCP so you need to know what you're doing, I believe there's a tuto on youtube).

Well, that "real quick" took me 30 min so I guess I'll leave for school now, good luck.

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
rockster160  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked! I think the key component I was missing was the patch. The link to the patch on the GHTCP page is broken, so I assumed it was outdated.

Oh! And like I said. I'm not really big on online play. I just like being able to download songs- so this is a great work around. :D

It seems there are a TON of outdated links floating around here... Very few of the songs I have checked out have broken or invalid links. Such a shame... Guess it's time to make some, huh? ;)

Thanks for all the help! Buldy and Abyssion. I appreciate it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: