ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codemann8  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyce wrote:
GesterX wrote:
I wonder what HOPOs will look like with the new UI.

Capped this from one of the preview videos.

Those aren't HOPOs, that's Starpower, or lightning power, or whatever else they'll name it

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
Eyce wrote:
GesterX wrote:

Those aren't HOPOs, that's Starpower, or lightning power, or whatever else they'll name it

Actually, some of them have a white light under them and others don't. It's kinda subtle unless you know it's there.

Also that's a terrible hopo denotation system.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
codemann8 wrote:
Eyce wrote:
GesterX wrote:

Actually, some of them have a white light under them and others don't. It's kinda subtle unless you know it's there.

Also that's a terrible hopo denotation system.

What? That's how they're gonna denote them? This is like Microsoft Office, where the new version doesn't give you anything new, they just rearrange the furniture and have you guessing where everything is again.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, I haven't been on this site in yeeeaaarrrs.

I actually came on here to applaud the franchise for taking a risk and trying something new. Yeah the lack of backwards compatibility sucks but it was obviously preventing the developers from doing something fresh with Guitar Hero. Nobody's stopping you from throwing in a copy of WoR. But seeing NOTHING but negativity and bated breath? Not one positive-leaning outlook?

I'm shocked at all the people who are so mad that this isn't just a rehash of the formula we're all familiar with. Despite how well WE received WoR, the game sold about 6k copies; they're taking a new direction with a new audience because they don't expect to make a dime from us and people who associate GH with us. It feels like a smart business decision to me. Others have said this game feels like a cash in, but on the contrary this title feels very inspired to me at surface level; you don't have to close your eyes to pretend you're jamming on stage with your favorite bands, you're literally on stage with thousands of people watching you. It's an ambitious idea. On the KFG video when the crowds were booing, it felt like a whole new level of punishment. I felt the shame, I felt the humiliation of being on stage screwing it all up. It was pretty cool!

Having said all that, there's still a LOT that this game has to prove. My biggest questions regard GHTV. Is it a Netflix-like service, pay a fee and you can stream all the DLC you want (awesome)? Or is it like Pandora where they pick the songs or something? What kind of genres will be available - is it all punk rock and dubstep or will classic rock and metal be available? Imagine playing on stage in 60s-80s era rock. Performing live in the shoes of Hendrix and SRV? I can see a lot of potential here. It all depends on what they do with it and how well they do it.

I'm not giving them my money yet. Setlist, quality, party game and/or competitive viability first. But I think it's a decent enough start. I might end up eating my words and the game might turn out to be a huge pile of shit but who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very uncanny to see so many people ALL GOING NUTS. I see they purposefully went FMVs to avoid some sort of uncanny valley with the first person view, but the unnatural audience is really distracting and awful. They feel like actors.

As for the gameplay? Eh. I get that they want to change it up. If they went with 5x2 rows, they would still have backwards compatibility, and potential for far more interesting fret positioning. As it stands, this looks too simple. (and for the new player, too hard)

I mean, I'll give Guitar Hero credit for not getting me hyped up before they let me down, at the very least.
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:
I changed my mind about FMV if only for the hilarious sad faces

GH Live in one image.
This is the best post I have seen on this site.

kelnira  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe ya'll are mad at this. With the huge drought of GH and Rock Band games, I'm excited to see anything come out. And this hardly looks like a cash grab. They're obviously putting a lot of work into it and the changes to the formula have been something we've been wanting since GH5 came out. We had a drought because it was more of the same. I guess people will never be happy, but I'm picking this up day 1.
iimeade  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelnira wrote:
I can't believe ya'll are mad at this. With the huge drought of GH and Rock Band games, I'm excited to see anything come out. And this hardly looks like a cash grab. They're obviously putting a lot of work into it and the changes to the formula have been something we've been wanting since GH5 came out. We had a drought because it was more of the same. I guess people will never be happy, but I'm picking this up day 1.

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
Ketchupyoshi  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:
inv4der wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:
I changed my mind about FMV if only for the hilarious sad faces

GH Live in one image.
This is the best post I have seen on this site.

I have never seen a face of such pure disappointment.

[X] Rock Band Blitz 1,000,000 points in BEER
[X] Rock Band Blitz 50+ bounce pinball
[X] FC Prequel to the Sequel X Guitar
[X] 5-star all three versions of TTFAF X Guitar
[X] 5-star Headed for the Ditch X Guitar
[X] GS Caprici di Diablo X Guitar
[ ] 5-star Roundabout X Pro Keys
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Guitar
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Bass
[X] RB3 Expert Bass FGFC
[X] Lego Rock Band Expert Guitar FGFC
[ ] Full music library vocals FC
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:
Others have said this game feels like a cash in, but on the contrary this title feels very inspired to me
I tend to agree with this quite a bit. The Live and GHTV features seem super fuckin' neato to tell the truth. And I could get behind the new guitar, but I need to be able to use it first, or at least see some footage of people not afraid to try expert. Also the setlist is laughable right now but that could change

I personally have hopes for the thing. I certainly haven't written it off; in fact I'm quite excited. I think more people will start to agree with me as the initial shock starts to wear off

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
dogfb  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, been a while since I've been here.

This game just doesn't look good. The 3 fret thing is stupid.

If it was two rows of 5 I would be on board. That could be potentially awesome. But 3 rows is just dumb.

Need to see what expert looks like.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelnira wrote:

Change for the sake of change doesn't mean it's automatically a good thing. I was excited for new GH and RB also cause it's been gone for awhile, but not if it means completely overhauling the game into something unrecognizable.

I'm fine if I'm proven wrong and the game is really cool and refreshing, but I haven't seen anything exciting for the game shown. Mostly just confusion.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Change for the sake of change doesn't mean it's automatically a good thing. I was excited for new GH and RB also cause it's been gone for awhile, but not if it means completely overhauling the game into something unrecognizable.

This is sort of it really.

What is this game if you take away its name?

It looks like a stupid FMV game with gameplay that's a superficial mix of iidx, guitar freaks and tap tap style mobile games. Except it has none of the appeal of any of those.

No one started playing GH for this first person immersion gimmick. It's for the gameplay. Probably half or more of the people who consistently play later GH games (and GH3 PC) use methods to completely remove the background to focus on actual gameplay.

The notation is somehow a step back from classic GH and the rest the interface is unhelpful or non-existent. Where is the score, the star power meter, the rock meter? These are all important things that are simply not present. All the mechanics still exist, because there's a couple shots of post-song stats that show they do, yet they're absent from gameplay for no reason.

This is not actually guitar hero, merely a pretender to the name.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really scares me about all of this is that for all we know RB4 could be doing the same thing. :O

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evilclownattack wrote:
What really scares me about all of this is that for all we know RB4 could be doing the same thing. :O

Given HMX statements regarding focusing on compatibility of existing content alone, that's not gonna happen. We've also actually seen their controllers already. There's also more than just guitar. >__>

HMX hasn't shown RB4 because it's still a Rock Band game and the people who care about it this early already know what to expect. If they had some major change they would have shown it. Instead they're maintaining what works and honestly in their position that's totally fine. They're not funded by the Activision Blizzard monstrosity so they can't take risks like this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 7 of 69

Jump to: