ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully these images will guide you through my biggest disappointment so far, aside from the lackluster setlist.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
iimeade  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Not sure how many of you will do this but I added "GuitarHero" to Snapchat and got to see some great footage of the game from tonight's event.

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerM3tal wrote:

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iimeade wrote:
toymachine wrote:
Not sure how many of you will do this but I added "GuitarHero" to Snapchat and got to see some great footage of the game from tonight's event.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything, because I would have spit it all over my keyboard. LMAO

llamaman2  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if they put a 4th button (4x2) I would be immensely more interested. As it is I'm willing to take a positive wait-and-see approach because the series has been great.

There are some solid ideas, but I think the game will be held back if it can't even let us use all 4 fingers. There would be huge potential for interesting chord combinations and hopo strings. Instead, it feels like a dumbed down version of guitar hero that won't appeal quite as much to those of us who have been with the series the whole way. GHTV something to keep an eye on for sure, and the FMV stuff seems silly but if it brings in a larger audience then I'm cool with it. I just can't shake the feeling that I can't get behind a 3-button design even with the 2nd row. I'll try it out regardless, but I won't be preordering like I will RB4 (the series I ignored...).
PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do understand why this setlist could possibly suck? Unless there's a music video for a song, they need to film one of these VR segments for the background, meaning 99% of the possible songs w/o music videos they could put in the game automatically become a lot more expensive and probably a lot less likely.

I know this is all just speculation, but that's more or less the point of this thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
TQSG  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
For what it's worth Guitar Freaks started in 99 and has had at least one new game every year since. They have expanded from just three buttons to a obviously guitar hero inspired five button layout but the godawful "only strumming" focused charting is still there.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerM3tal wrote:
You guys do understand why this setlist could possibly suck? Unless there's a music video for a song, they need to film one of these VR segments for the background, meaning 99% of the possible songs w/o music videos they could put in the game automatically become a lot more expensive and probably a lot less likely.

I know this is all just speculation, but that's more or less the point of this thread.

Could just make a weird visualizer for non music video songs
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...I don't even know what to say to this.

It is quite obvious that they are catering to the masses and not giving a fuck about the fans. Skrillex? Are you fucking kidding me? Nobody wants hear radio pop songs on a GH game. Newflash: the people that love GH/RB mostly listen to metal, and even the ones that don't still enjoy playing metal in the games. Nobody wants to play a radio friendly song in a GUITAR BASED GAME. Where's the ripping solos? The very fact that pretty much every song they announced is generic/radio friendly pop...they are obviously trying to appeal to the "scene" people (Taylor Swift fans, rap fans, dubstep fans, etc...), not giving a crap about the actual fans of rock/metal music. Let's show the "cool kids" that we know "good" music, forget the nerds. It's pathetic.

Think about it. You are about to announce a music game, you want the announced bands to be good, right? Motley Crue, Megadeth, Guns N Roses, Rush, Maiden, Dream Theater, King Crimson, Exodus, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath...sounds like a good group. But no, to get people talking about your product, you choose to announce Fallout Boy, Black Keys, My Chemical Romance, Green Day and SKRILLEX? I haven't even heard of any of the others. Alter Bridge is the only decent band announced so far.

Also, the fretboard. So it's going to be like Easy mode with another layer? Really? No pinky? No second position? Oh boy...

Hey guys, this is going to suck.

Last edited by mninp on Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:01 am; edited 4 times in total
TQSG  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if no pinkie bothers you just swap it for your index finger every once and a while

done

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
PowerM3tal wrote:

Could just make a weird visualizer for non music video songs

never 5get

inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

world first gh live banner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:

world first gh live banner

i AM the big chief

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching that video with the more advanced play...Not getting any better. I know I'm use to the old style, but I feel like the idea of trying to emulate the feel of proper chords by having it a two tier button setup, makes no sense. You got that feel with the original setup and it had you moving around a lot more and using your full hand like you should. Sure, it was acting like you were on one string, but it still felt like you were essentially doing chords and it works better for soloing I think. The two color tones also don't feel very obvious with note changing. I was playing along with it and I sorta felt myself not focusing properly cause black and white are very strong differences in comparison to colors.

I guess I just sorta gotta hope this comes out to be testable somewhere. Unless it has an amazing soundtrack, which they aren't off to a great start with, I'm gonna need to play it first before I even consider buying it. Rock Band is the opposite since I know what I'm getting with that gameplay wise...though hopefully they aren't doing something weird with the visuals with that one too lol
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get why they don't just go back to basics. Tier based system, cartoony graphics, killer soundtrack, keep it simple. I hate how everything today tries to be the next big thing. GH worked back in 2005. GH is never going to be a big as it was when GH3 came out, they're just going to kill the series even more.

If I was them I'd be focused on making the best 5 button guitar game I can for the hardcore fans, knowing that any attempt to change too much to appeal to the masses is going to end in failure.

Some kids never learn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 9 of 69

Jump to: