ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Long notes shorter than 1sec on FeedBack 0.97b?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GT2000  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Long notes shorter than 1sec on FeedBack 0.97b? Reply with quote

Hello, i've started to make custom songs a couple days ago with Feedback, and I have a problem; Is there any way of making long notes shorter than 1 second? In the editor, they look like a normal "sustain" or "long note", but when I play them in GH3 (PC), some are just a regular note. The only ones that stays the same are the ones that are longer than 1 second, but the others automatically converts to a regular note.

Is there a solution? This really bugs me.

Thanks! (Sorry about my english)
xbillax  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed something similar when making GH80's customs, all sustains under 0.5 beats are removed during chart to midi conversion.

I haven't tested it but maybe it is fixable by converting to midi then editing the midi file itself to replace the sustains.
GH5 00/85 - GHVH 00/47 - GHWoR 00/93 - GHL 00/42
Buldy  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that too in GH World Tour, I wrote a program which converts feedback charts straight to world tour format, so the note is defined that it has some length, but GH decides that it isn't long enough?
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could very well be related to which note steps you're actually using. I've made charts with very short sustains and they still show up in-game, however they're 8ths at their shortest, where I used it to distinguish non-palm muted notes that are the same fret.

perrigosd  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything that converts .chart to .mid remove sustains that are shorter than a 1/8,happens in chart2mid and EOF too (i guess no charter uses that program here)

You probably used songlist editor,using GHTCP converts .chart straight into the gh3 chart format (probably .qb related) which doesn't remove sustains
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EOF does not remove sustains from notes when importing a Feedback chart file, or at least I have never seen this happen. Keep in mind that the .chart file itself may define shorter notes as having a sustain of 0, the sustain being the last number in an instrument section's note definition, ie:
Code:
   33120 = N 1 0
   33120 = N 3 0

Is a red+blue chord with no sustain.

If you have verified that the .chart file has a nonzero sustain value and EOF is importing it with no sustain, please send me the .chart file and details.
ExileLord  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3 has a threshold where sustains become normal notes. If you actually look at the QB tracks of the official songs you'll find that the hold length values are all over the place.

I believe the keys fret_offset_tweak and whammy_offset_tweak in guitar_tweaks.qb are related to this but I don't know much more than that off the top of my head. It's probably in that file though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: