ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fill with X seconds of silence?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Fill with X seconds of silence? Reply with quote

I'm currently trying to create a custom disc with Trippolette and Graveyard Shift, but I need to fill the song's VGS with an amount of silence. How much silence is necessary?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
plumato  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would open in Feedback the chart and audio you are wishing to use, make sure they are synced, and you won't have to use any silence (aside from the silence in the audio).

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Fill with X seconds of silence? Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
I'm currently trying to create a custom disc with Trippolette and Graveyard Shift, but I need to fill the song's VGS with an amount of silence. How much silence is necessary?

No silence should be necessary, just correct the preview time so that the game won't crash. That's assuming you're making a GH2/80s custom (and if you're not using GHEx to import, you'll have to manually convert the .MID). If you're making a GH1 custom, then all you need to do is edit songs.dtb to add data for advharmony and graveyardshift, and add them to the store for $0. In the latter case, I also recommend adding relevant strings to locale.dtb for loading screens and store blurbs. I have done this and on my PS2's HDD, I call it "GH 1 Plus".

If you go here and scroll down almost all of the way to the bottom, you'll see some of the DTB modifications I made, which are the bare minimum of changes needed to make the songs appear in GH1. They are listed in text DTA format, and intended for use with the modern method of dtbcrypt to decrypt the dtb, dtb2dta to detokenize the dtb, editing the dta, then usin DTBTool to regenerate the unencrypted DTB followed by dtbcrypt again to re-encrypt it. Such a better method than dicking around in the DTB Editor. Let me know if you need these tools. I may have already uploaded them and linked them in a thread somewhere here, so I suggest checking mypost history first.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: