Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHWT Custom Songs Import Tool
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buldy  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: GHWT Custom Songs Import Tool Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
With the help of many people (see credits at the end of the post), I managed to create a tool based on QueenBee that works something like GHTCP, but for Guitar Hero World Tour.

This tool will add(!) songs to the game, not replace the ones that are already there. You just feed it MP3s, chart and info about the songs, and in a moment the song will appear in your game, in the Custom Songs section of quickplay.

Quick feature list:
- support charts for guitar, bass and drums, every difficulty
- support all of the GHWT features (overlapping notes, open bass note, 5 lane drums, slider, ...)
- edit already created song's attributes (name, artist, year,...)
- delete song from the game
- separated tracks for all of the music instruments
- sections and drum fills support

Instructions for use:
Attention: This tool supports only FeedBack charts at the moment. There however is a way to use EOF to chart custom songs for GHWT. When you are done charting the song with EOF, take notes_ghwt.mid, load it in FeedBack and hit save. This will create .chart file compatible with this tool.
- Make sure you run this program as administrator!

- If you want to take advantage of all of the GHWT features, you will have to chart the song a bit differently, than you may be used to. Please refer to this guide that I wrote to make clear how to chart the songs for GHWT and this tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zjnqrt98bwjt38f/Tutorial_charting.docx
- All music files that you want to use with this tool must be in this format: MP3, 128 kb/s bit rate, 48000 Hz Sample rate.
- If you don't have mp3 for every instrument in the song, just leave a blank space in that textbox. The tool will automatically add silence instead of this instrument. However, it is strongly recommended that you mute one of your mp3s and use it instead of this feature, because when you leave the field blank and you pause the game, the music will not stop playing.
- Please chart star power phrases. The tool should be able to convert the song without SP phrases, but better be safe than sorry If the chart conversion freezes, take a look if you charted SP phrases.
- There are three exe files in the folder with the tool, you will only use Importer.exe - the other exes will be called when you run the tool and you don't have to worry about it.

Troubleshooting:
- The music files generation can take a while to process, so please be patient. If the program seems like it froze, just wait a few more moments.

I hope you will enjoy this tool and your custom songs in World Tour. If you have any troubles with the tool, just write it under this post or to me by PM.

Big thanks to all the people that helped me to create this tool:
Nanook - for creating QueenBee
.ocz (the guy that created the All in one mod) - for inventing how to encrypt FSB files and creating the vocals import tool
The_Rock_Band_King - for long support and ideas
bluzer - for helping out with FSB files

Again, thank you very much guys, without you this tool would not become reality.

Here you can download the tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/70o9x81jn0b2ffa/GHWT+Importer.rar
Most recent update here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/569koinhe22vk84/Importer+Update.rar

Last edited by Buldy on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
coolethan1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool cant wait to make custom songss
666maggot  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! I'm happy to see that the GH series still gets some love.
Thanks!
Buldy  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the tool to version 1.1:

- Added functions to export and import custom songs (without the need of chart and music files, all is packed to one file)
- Forced admin rights
- Fixed some bugs in GHWT_Convertor
- Fixed always drum fill in drum chart
- Fixed double BPM issue when creating a song

Edit (23:14 CEST): There was a bug in GHWT_Convertor that would fail creating drum chart. It's fixed now. Download is up.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

128kbps? Ugh. Tool should support at least any CBR bitrate. 128kbps MP3 sux :P

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Buldy  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
128kbps? Ugh. Tool should support at least any CBR bitrate. 128kbps MP3 sux :P

It's not like we have a choice, it's not an issue with the tool, but the game requires 128 kbps. If you put higher bitrate MP3 there, the song is slowed down.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling ExileLord, calling ExileLord...lol

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
ExileLord  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
Calling ExileLord, calling ExileLord...lol

Unless you want to dig through the FMOD calls in the game you are out of luck. This probably isn't a trivial problem.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the tool to version 1.2:

- You no longer have to create mute audio files. If you leave the textbox empty, the tool will automatically use its mp3 with silence.
- Added support for sections. When there are sections present in the chart, they will be used.
- The tool now automatically creates drum fills when there is a gap longer than 4 seconds between notes.
- Thanks to .ocz you can now import vocals into the chart. You just need to use a RB/Phase Shift compatible midi file with vocals and the tool will import them.
- raynebc updated EOF to support GWHT Custom songs creation. After you are done charting in EOF, load notes_ghwt.mid to FeedBack and hit save - this will create .chart compatible with this tool.
Buldy  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.3 released!

- Updates are now a separate download, you need to download the base version only one time and then apply an update, in a similar way EOF does this.
- Added "offset" setting, letting you to set the offset of your chart, in milliseconds. If you are using feedback, you should set this to 50.
- Returned the feature where when you select Pedal MP3 that has word "mute" in it, it will automatically fill most of the other fields with the same file name.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/569koinhe22vk84/Importer+Update.rar
jacdhalina  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I doing something wrong?
I made sure to run GHWT_Generator as an admin, but when I press "Convert Everything Possible" it gives me this : http://prntscr.com/93knab

Also is this going to work for Wii? I've been looking for a program similar to theGHOST that lets me either replace GHWT songs or add them and can also Smart Map other instruments. I've successfully modded my Wii and figured out how to use theGHOST to inject songs into a GHIII iso and play it, but I didn't know that doing the same thing for World Tour would be so much harder.
Buldy  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacdhalina wrote:
Am I doing something wrong?
I made sure to run GHWT_Generator as an admin, but when I press "Convert Everything Possible" it gives me this : http://prntscr.com/93knab

So, first, you should run Importer.exe, not the generator. And the error you are getting is almost surely because you don't have an "end" event in the chart.

jacdhalina wrote:
Also is this going to work for Wii? I've been looking for a program similar to theGHOST that lets me either replace GHWT songs or add them and can also Smart Map other instruments. I've successfully modded my Wii and figured out how to use theGHOST to inject songs into a GHIII iso and play it, but I didn't know that doing the same thing for World Tour would be so much harder.

This importer works only on PC, sorry. To be able to use it on Wii, it would have to use other music file encoding than FSB, because I don't think Wii uses FSB for the music files.
plumato  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, has anyone been able to test a note limit? I can't seem to get Soulless 4 imported without crashing my game, lol.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
Buldy  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plumato wrote:
Just wondering, has anyone been able to test a note limit? I can't seem to get Soulless 4 imported without crashing my game, lol.

I haven't tested the note limit, but there is a chance that something failed when creating the custom song through this tool. Does it create the song successfully in the importer? Does it only crash in game or in the process of creating it?
plumato  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buldy wrote:
plumato wrote:

I haven't tested the note limit, but there is a chance that something failed when creating the custom song through this tool. Does it create the song successfully in the importer? Does it only crash in game or in the process of creating it?

That's the thing, it gets stuck on something. However, I haven't messed with it at all lately as I haven't reinstalled GHWT yet lmao

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: