ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - Score-tracking Now Available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem with GHTV is the upgrade thing and the bootleg part. It would require video proof for each score entered to be sure no one takes anything else but the "2x" hero power. otherwise it'll be cheating since you could skip entire section of hard solo and such. also everyone would need to be max out of the upgrade to have a fair advantage to everyone.

It could be done but would require serious though about it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well idk, to be fair score is the thing that matters and the best way to get a high score is to use either the Score Chaser or Double Multiplier upgrades. Sure it's probably 10x easier to FC a song with Invincibility, Clear Highway, or Safety Net but they don't give you high scores, they just give you a better chance at an FC.

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point. there's also the fact that to get Hero Power, you either need to buy them from the store with coins or buy Hero Coins with real money (unless I mix it up with Play Token ?) which will turn the game into a pay-to-win kind of thing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Gh live ios Reply with quote

Where do I post scores for iOS?
Darkydan  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
the problem with GHTV is the upgrade thing and the bootleg part. It would require video proof for each score entered to be sure no one takes anything else but the "2x" hero power. otherwise it'll be cheating since you could skip entire section of hard solo and such. also everyone would need to be max out of the upgrade to have a fair advantage to everyone.

It could be done but would require serious though about it.

Hey Cabanon,

I see you are wondering the correct issues of the fair score tracking. Here is how I see it:

The factors to get a highscore on previous Guitar Hero Games were these:

Unlocking all songs - On many GH games, you had to first unlock songs by playing campaign through.
    Full Combo - Keep the multiplier high, and unbroken.
    Star Power - Correct star power path
    Squeezing - Get those extra squeezes for little bonus score.
    Expert - You had to learn to play on hardest difficulty in order to get most score on each song (of course)
    In-Game Bugs - It is known that in GH5 games motor and perhaps other GHs has a bug where you could get an advantage of in some cases 3-5k more score, if you used the note-sustain-bug.

The new guitar hero TV (not live) opens up a HUGE opportunity to race for the first places for all the other players too. Now you don't have to be able to get FC on TTFAF to reach top 30 players. Now you can use DIFFERENT hero powers for reaching the new maximum score.

Here are the new factors of the GH TV highscore chasing:
    Unlocking all songs - The fact that GH TV requires you to earn the plays, means these things:

You can't grind or keep restarting songs for first place, so it is much more balanced and there is not one person who plays twice as much as you do. It is not completely balanced, because if you have infinite amount of money, you can buy plays as much as you want. BUT, its more balance.

Sure it is unfair that somebody has more money than you and buys plays. But so is everything in life. There is the alternative, and you can grind to get enough cash for plays, which is free, and allows you to play and compete with others on GH TV. This is also one way to try those first scores, and it keeps the game extremely fresh as I know myself back in the days grinded 4,5 half hours straight raining blood on expert for 5*. There is also free weekends occasionally where you can play as much as you want.

Full combo Sure you can use a bomb or a safe network for the hard part. Is this fair for someone who FCs the song? YES. IT IS MORE THAN FAIR, and here is why:
    While you used autoplay power to FC In Due Time's solo, The guy who is in the first place who actually FC'd the solo by himself, used a 14x multiplier (score chaser) and got twice the score you got. If he thinks he can't do it, he can also use the same power.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if he can also use same heropower, isn't it fair?

So this just ensures, that there are Different ways, to get that first place. Means the game is More versatile.

Star power No longer you need to keep a laptop or a tablet next to you to check the correct path, which you had to figure out or some people used bots to see these. And i covered the hero powers pretty well already

Expert This allows people using advanced skill, to get even top 4 places in some cases.

Im gonna sum this up here:
The scoring is much more dynamic and is made off of MANY MANY more factors than the old games. This is a HUGE improvement and we should embrace it, and I am very confused to see less support here even though Guitar Hero community is very very small.

Of course they don't want to focus on hardcore fans, instead of the majority, which is casual party players. But this is where scorehero comes in. We have our own fan-base of guitar hero and scorechasers. Why on earth should we just let this die and not track score.

Everything about this game is fair. If somebody has more money, it is not the game's issue. If somebody has more time than you (so he can grind the in-game money) it is not the game's issue. These similar things affect everyone in everygame on different ways.

PLEASE enable GH TV scoring. Don't make it into 20 categories. Just when inputting the scores, let us choose
Stars,
Score,
Percent,
(streak) - sometimes hard to see as it disappears fast
Difficulty
Hero Power
Guitar Level

Then it is completely fair. If anyone thinks otherwise, please explain

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DarkyDan PSN Name: DarkyDan
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your points but I dont agree with this at all since it doesnt rely on expertise or skills anymore but on which Hero Power will you use to beat the next guy. Scorehero was always about higher score but also about skills and how to nail this or that section. Now, you can skip all that and use hero power, seriously thats the most cheapest/laziest way of playing GH. It's like cheating to me, not playing.

I'm not an expert player at all, heck I play Easy & Medium and sometimes Hard on easier song, and I rarely aim for top score but play time, so this doesnt really apply to me but we need discussion like that to see if we're going to track it or not. The way things are going, I'm not sure anyway it will happen and I'm not gonna be against that; I'd more inclined to not track it IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've reconsidered my position on GHTV and now I think we should track it, if you want to play the game seriously you're going to get to lvl 20 and max out your guitar and if you pay the coins for X2 or score chaser then so be it.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
I've reconsidered my position on GHTV and now I think we should track it, if you want to play the game seriously you're going to get to lvl 20 and max out your guitar and if you pay the coins for X2 or score chaser then so be it.

Plus it's good to be able to see on a site I actually use how I compare to others on other consoles.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
p41  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I thought of when RB4 arrived, SCOREHERO.COM!

Thanks for keeping this place alive. I haven't logged in for years, but I'm excited to be back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: EmmSee PSN Name: EmmSee
KoushiroIzumi  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for GHTV getting score-tracking, just as long as all the difficulties are divided up like with every other game (on the leaderboards, it tells you what difficulty the person played to get their score). Everyone has constant access to every song in the game through the Song Catalog, so it's fair.

Also, there are no microtransactions for coins on GHTV, you just have to play a lot. Estimating that you get around 160 coins per song you play, that means you have to play ~100 songs to get 15,000 coins to spend on one Level 4 upgrade. Then there's highways and other things to grind coins for that you can get.

I still can't figure out how coin payouts work. The amount of Status you receive is rank-based on where you placed at the end of the song on the Top 10 (the higher your rank on the song, the more you can get, #1 giving out 153). I received #1 rank with a FC on three songs in a row and received 198 coins for the first song, 187 coins the second song, and 165 coins the third song, so maybe it just randomly decides how many coins you get?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

micro transactions are present in GHTV to buy coins/play token and also to buy a 24 hours unlimited session on all songs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's only for Play tokens and the Party Pass, not for Coins. It's possible that I somehow overlooked it, but as far as I can see in my game, you can't get Coins from microtransactions.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't buy coins, but you can buy Hero Cash (with real money) which you can exchange for Play Token.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I hope to see GHTV score-tracking up and ready by the end of the year. I am going to assume a couple of factors:

-Like with RB4, we won't be able to properly keep track of our highest combo attained on a song (assuming we broke combo somewhere), so combo should be excluded (ie add into the comments for your score if you know your combo, like we've been doing on RB4).

-Default sorting should be set to Artist, as that is the default sorting method when you enter the Song Catalog, but being able to sort the songs by Name should also be allowed as that is an option available in-game on GHTV.

-Separate score-tracking by console and difficulty, seeing as the leaderboards are set up the exact same way as they are on RB4 (Rank|Name|Difficulty|Score).

-Since Guitar Upgrades and Hero Powers do not disqualify your scores on the in-game leaderboards, there should be no limitations for either when posting scores on here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it does make sense, but I'd add that picture proof or video proof has to be mandatory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: