ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHL End User License Agreement (Update 1.05 PS4)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoushiroIzumi  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: GHL End User License Agreement (Update 1.05 PS4) Reply with quote

So, it seems like Activision is trying to pull what Xbone originally tried to put in place at launch:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/Koushiro_Izumi/0CE4CE78-E596-40F0-BD28-13DCC894F8A7_zpsykoz6pke.jpg

What this means: You cannot let anyone borrow your game if you live anywhere in North America. You also cannot play it under your own account on another console. You paid for this game, but you do not own this game nor the guitar controller.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/Koushiro_Izumi/E262B58E-0A2F-498A-8289-A0F3963FAF71_zpsvesobye9.jpg

What this means: You cannot use your guitar controller with anything but Guitar Hero, even though the buttons function on other games. Also, already known, you can't be a bully to other users.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/Koushiro_Izumi/F12F4D58-AB7A-4B45-800F-90F8FB8E7EF0_zpsrxwm4gaj.jpg

What this means: You do not own this. It is not yours. You have no rights. Activision can delete your account just because they feel like it at any time, and they don't need a reason. #GetRekdSon

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/Koushiro_Izumi/29AA798B-1EC2-4644-94A2-F3E527FA7681_zps8smrl96k.jpg

Oh, this was the best part

What this means: You absolutely must DESTROY your copy of the game and the guitar controller you paid for, if your account becomes terminated for any reason. Also, if you happen to delete any updates for GHL that are stored on your console, you basically terminate your account, and have to destroy your game.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/Koushiro_Izumi/863860BD-1D5E-495A-A518-A0D7F547AB7C_zpswly2wpx2.jpg

What this means: "We will eventually discontinue GHTV, and you won't know when it will be. Better get all those trophies/achievements in before that happens, ya?"

Another part not listed: Any micro transactions you do in the game is not yours, and they can delete whatever you paid for without telling you and for any reason.

EDIT: It also states somewhere that you can't commercialize it, which essentially means record gameplay. So any videos on YouTube will probably be taken down soon, and those people's accounts might be terminated.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the fuck, Activision? I thought you got over this "you can't use the GH controller with anything else, nor anything else with GH" shit between GH3 and GHA. Hell, your later PS2 GH games have cross-console controller compatibility, unlike any other versions of the game.

Yet another reason not to buy theis steaming turd of a game.

Borrowing your pic of the controller shit for a FB group.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
later PS2 GH games have cross-console controller compatibility, unlike any other versions of the game.

Wait what ? What do you mean ?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activision was okay in the Guitar Hero community, and I understand why they had to remove dlc even for warriors of rock etc, and yes I feel like they were milking games, but Activishit has become more and more greedy over these past 4-5 years, with COD etc. Yep, probably going with rock band this time around. I have always had respect for Harmonix.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that shady at it's best. wtf are thinking about or smoking hard to come up with something like this

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
LocalH wrote:
later PS2 GH games have cross-console controller compatibility, unlike any other versions of the game.

Wait what ? What do you mean ?

360 and PS3 GH and RB controllers work on GHA and newer. Including drums for games that support them. Only on PS2 AFAIK.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
360 and PS3 GH and RB controllers work on GHA and newer. Including drums for games that support them. Only on PS2 AFAIK.

So you can use GH2 guitar on a 360 console/game ?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
LocalH wrote:

If im guessing that's what he said correctly, then probably with a dongle or whatever its called.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
Naruto42 wrote:
LocalH wrote:

If im guessing that's what he said correctly, then probably with a dongle or whatever its called.
If so... This will be awesome for whammy/scores... at least for myself. Maybe this (I'm drunk so apologies for the non URL command) maybe this http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS2-To-PS3-Xbox-360-Controller-Converter-Adapter-Cable-Hot-Sell-/230587680230?hash=item35b018c5e6:g:8KcAAOxyAs9SPR-o
Rokit  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: GHL End User License Agreement (Update 1.05 PS4) Reply with quote

KoushiroIzumi wrote:
EDIT: It also states somewhere that you can't commercialize it, which essentially means record gameplay. So any videos on YouTube will probably be taken down soon, and those people's accounts might be terminated.

Thoughts?

Hello. I read this a couple of days ago when I checked to see what the GHL update was about and this prompt surprised me when I loaded the game.

I know it is because they are using official music videos of the artists (on tope of the actual recording) but is that really grounds for YouTube to terminate an account based solely on gameplay? Vocalists in GHL don't even have a leaderboards to back up our achievements. I need to document my gameplay somehow and this just doesn't seem fair...
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
LocalH wrote:

No. You can use 360 and PS3 guitars on the PS2 version of GHA. You can also use 360 and PS3 drums on PS2 GHWT and newer. 360 and PS3 games have no cross compatibility themselves.

xXGhostTypeXx  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I have another reason not to buy the game
KoushiroIzumi  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: GHL End User License Agreement (Update 1.05 PS4) Reply with quote

Rokit wrote:
KoushiroIzumi wrote:

Thoughts?

Hello. I read this a couple of days ago when I checked to see what the GHL update was about and this prompt surprised me when I loaded the game.

I know it is because they are using official music videos of the artists (on tope of the actual recording) but is that really grounds for YouTube to terminate an account based solely on gameplay? Vocalists in GHL don't even have a leaderboards to back up our achievements. I need to document my gameplay somehow and this just doesn't seem fair...

I didn't mean your YouTube account, sorry if it seemed misleading. I meant on your console your account would no longer be able to access the game, because they would terminate your right to play the game.

This is, of course, under the assumption that someone from Activision would actively seek out people on YouTube who have recorded videos and take note of their username so they can block that person from being able to access the game ever again.

I haven't personally heard of anyone being blocked from accessing the game after posting videos on YouTube of their gameplay, but because it IS written in the EULA, they have the right to do it, because you're agreeing with them that they can terminate your account if you post gameplay videos up and are found out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: