ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Master FC Breakdown - let's get started with GH:SH!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Master FC Breakdown - let's get started with GH:SH! Reply with quote

I never got around to finishing the FBFC breakdowns before I went on my 3+ years hiatus, but after recently going through GH:SH again I found some new motivation to at least make a breakdown for all songs on drums. I'm not sure how many drummers are actually still active, but having a master FC breakdown for drums has been something I personally wanted to have/make (also, I like lists) and now is as good a time as any to get one started.

Starting with GH:SH, I will update the breakdowns in segments instead of all at once, so to focus any debate. Input is greatly appreciated, as I understand that every drummer has different skill sets and difficulties . To minimize my personal bias, I started off by sorting the songs by number of FCs and placing those with comparable numbers under a general difficulty score from 1 through 20 - more or less in line with the FBFC breakdowns I made before. I switched some songs around to better match my personal experiences with them afterwards and came up with the following list. Some difficulty groups will be a bit empty at first, but they will make more sense once the other games are added to the master FC breakdown.

Table of contents

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits

Difficulty 1
  1. I Love Rock and Roll
    Easiest song in the game by far.
  2. Stellar
    Some tricky beats might throw beginners off and there is a funky fill near the end, but nothing in the song is technically difficult.
  3. Take It Off
    Pretty fast beat throughout the song, but not too demanding otherwise. The triple kicks can be difficult at first.

Difficulty 2
  4. Back in the Saddle
    Pretty straightforward overall, however the sections based on the orange cymbal provide a trickier groove.
  5. Heart-Shaped Box
    Mostly difficult because of its length. There are a lot of bass notes during some parts, which make the fills a bit harder to coordinate
  6. Electric Eye
    Pretty much the same thing throughout the entire song. The constant double kicks can be tiring and there is a set of triple kicks

Difficulty 3
  7. More Than a Feeling
    Only stands out from the really easy songs because of its fills.
  8. Cherry Pie
    The double bass notes are relatively fast and there is a disco beat section.
  9. Miss Murder
    Lots of slow triplet fills. The ones requiring weird sticking make this song a bit more challenging.

Difficulty 4
  10. Take Me Out
    The disco beat-style section during the intro is quite fast and the slower ones later in the song are a bit tricky as well.
  11. Woman
    Triplet fills all over the place which require you to keep focusing. The 'solo' section is easy to drop a note in as well if you don't keep paying attention.
  12. Play With Me
    The intro is quite fast, but should be easily dealt with at this point (possibly after a few quick restarts). The only other section that stands out is a funky play between the cymbals.
  13. Killer Queen
    The triplet rolls are quite fast, while the first one is also incorrectly charted off-beat and has to be started with the left hand or double-stroked at some point.
  14. Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
    Pretty complex groove and double strokes everywhere. Better practice on your left hand dexterity!

Difficulty 5
  15. Hit Me With Your Best Shot
    A couple of fast fills make this more challenging to FC than your typical pushover song.
  16. Monkey Wrench
    Requires quite a bit of stamina on both hands and foot. The rolls are pretty fast as well.
  17. Nothin' But a Good Time
    Nothing difficult aside from a few straight-forward fills, however the large number of bass notes underneath them do make them harder to coordinate.

Difficulty 6
  18. Stop!
    Time to check your color coordination! Even if you have no problems reading this chart, a few of the fills are tricky.
  19. Lay Down
    The hardest parts are two sets of four yellow triplets and a fast triplet roll near the end.
  20. Round and Round
    The bass-heavy section after the first solo is quite demanding. There are a lot of relatively fast triple orange notes at the end too.
  21. I Wanna Rock
    This song is very bass-heavy and there are a few tricky fills.
  22. Rock and Roll All Nite
    Coordinating the fills with the bass notes underneath can be tough, but the real combo breaker is a five note roll right at the end.

| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
saberdrummer12  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This... Actually seems really helpful.

Guitar Hero drums: 45/403, Rock Band drums: 345/464
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drummerboy 614 PSN Name: Drummerboy614
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

cant wait for more, warlord :]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: