Awesome Yet Unknown Bands
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kslater22 wrote:
has anyone ever heard of brown brigade?? didnt think so

Dave from Sum 41's new band? Yeah.

I honestly have no idea how well known this band is, but they're very good. So... Girls. There's a really interesting story behind the band, or at least the singer and his lyrical content, as he was born into the Children Of God cult (look it up) before leaving as a teenager.

That link there is their best song by a huge margin. The lyrics are pretty much all over the place (cult, no father figure, etc) but it's a nice tune, s'all I care about.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno how well-known they are outside of Japan, but Shadow

They're like the Japanese Arch Enemy. In fact they are the Japanese Arch Enemy

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. First and foremost:

Wolfblur and Revision-One, I'm friends with both of them (they're OMB's), but they still count! Both of them are amazing and are a great influence to my work in Bluefusion, Freen in Green, etc. Then of course, I shamelessly plug myself in Bluefusion and Freen in Green, because sometimes I really do like what I've done in each of those bands, ahaha, and we're pretty unknown as it is, so we totally count too xD.

Then there's Daita and Siam Shade, both of those, outside of Japan, are pretty much non-existant, but they're both great! (and I realize Daita is the guitarist from Siam Shade XP ) And yeah, The Harmonix bands are great too, as is An Endless Sporadic and the rest of the Neversoft bands, but those don't qualify as "obscure" anymore, right? XP

RIP RBN
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More bands I discovered recently:

Brocas Helm: Yeah, I heard these from Brutal Legend, music-discovering elitists feel free to sue me, I don't give a shit >__> I think they are awesome. But then again who doesn't love fantasy metal >___>
Cry of the Banshee
Defender of the Crown

Poisonwood: Randomly found these on Youtube, I don't even think they have started playing live yet but I think they are amazing, my only fault is the vocals are quiet-ish during the choruses.
Dark Days Rise

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
EpicPwnager  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if they've been brought up yet,
but Steel Pole Bathtub. Most famous for "Train To Miami" which was used in a Left 4 Dead commercial.

(These are my friends now, these are my friends now etc etc)
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

This thread is interesting so yeah, here are a few:

One Bad Son
saw these guys twice live, once opening for def leppard and once opening for judas priest, and they are amazing. They are like a new guns n roses, minus the douchebaggery from axl! One of the best canadian bands.

Tragically Hip
not underground per se since they are pretty popular in canada and some of america, but still, they deserve to be well known. they are like r.e.m but better. They were on a couple episodes and movies of the trailer park boys

Tea Party
another canadian band that has some fame in america and australia even, but still, underrated band. The lead singer/guitarist also plays sitar, percussion, etc, the bassist also plays keyboards, and the drummer also plays many other percussion instruments. One of the best bands of Canada

The Watchmen
another canadian band from my hometown actually. They had a few hits in canada and america, and are better know in canada, but they are underrated. In the 90s, they had sounds of grunge, etc. Very good band

The Headstones
These guys are like a lesser known tragically hip. Great for a saturday afternoon drive downtown. They have a few hits in Canada, but should be better known in america and elsewhere!

Backyard Babies
For once, not a canadian band. These guys are from sweden, and you may know them from Guitar Hero 3, with a song called Minus Celcius. Good song, but they have much better. Deserve more love.

AND FINALLY
Face To Face
Maybe not so unknown, but still a very good punk band that needs more love. They were on guitar hero 5 with the song "Disconnected", which is a good song but really deserve more love for some of their other really good songs, especially off that album.

Edit: Here are two of my favorite bands that are kind of well known, but deserve more love
Sleep: Stoner Metal (dopesmoker, dragonaut, etc)
The Sword: Stoner Metal (yes they were on gh, freya, the black river, etc)

k
Have a good listen!
fouriguy  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too lazy to see if anyone has said it yet but a really good band that is pretty unheard of in USA is
Avantasia
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
Haken

Nice find way back in 2009 because they didn't even released their first album at that time.

Paulson is a band I've been a big fan of. They never really got that big before they broke up back in 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQMNedkPEG0&list=PLfGDWGXJhnMQEWMVbc2EI_9HRiQcH8Axj

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Giant - not the peak of musical genius, but i just can't dislike them.
Liam Lynch - sure, you probably know "United States Of Whatever" or "Happy Song", but the other songs are as good (and perhaps even better, especially the latest ones, like "Time's No Good").
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: