Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Trying to make perfect GH3 DLC rips for PC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plumato  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the guy even still around? Also, these are .mid files (before converting to .chart). By play with a video, I mean to make sure notes that need to be forced are forced and such based on the official thing. Unless codemann8 has some secret auto forcing technology, and a Feedback v1.0 up his sleeve.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/codemann8
https://twitter.com/pathhero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For GH3 DLC, the files I need are dlcxx.mid.qb.xen and dlcxx.mid_text.qb, .mid files will not suffice. I am missing DLC43 along with a few others. But even if I had it, I'm not sure if tarragon's old app will still run without error, it's been years and 3 new computers since I last did a run from the old games.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
bakonfreek  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have near-perfect rips of every DLC that showed up on Xbox. The FoF rips were unsatisfactory (the DF track pack had audio issues and the Metallica track pack had offset issues) so I just re-ripped the audio and charts myself. Converting XMA to WAV was done with some tools the nice folks at the XeNTaX forums posted and I put the sections in myself. I also made damn sure to get the uppercase and lowercase letters correct in the practice sections. NOTE TO ANYONE ELSE TRYING THIS: some songs have weird time signatures instead of forced notes, keep that in mind.

MISSING

Singer animation

Proper countoffs

Practice mode drums (for the slower speeds)

Correct preview audio (I have gotten it as close as I can with GHTCP while importing)

The End Begins (To Rock)--the FoF rip has a section where the notes are not on par with the original PS3 version (it honestly looks like a very good but not good enough rechart)

Drummer animation

UNCONFIRMED OR IFFY FUNCTIONALITY

Co-op tracks properly marked (some songs have separate co-op tracks, some don't)

Battle tracks properly marked

Rhythm/bass for practice properly marked

Some forced Ho/Po notes (this is mostly on Revolution Deathsquad, two of the forced notes seem to switch around randomly and I can't seem to do anything to fix this)

I would post the SGH file I currently have here, but I hinted to posting it a while ago and a mod left a response that kind of hinted at my account being nuked from orbit if I do that so I am going to go ahead and not push my luck.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: d00m7985 PSN Name: d00m7985
666maggot  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whops, I forget to reply that this problem was solved.
I did a port of all the xbox 360 dlc to the PC version to make it native with the audios and mids (including singer and drummer animations), practice sections and everithing.
I will not post any download links and I dont have time for make a tutorial about how to do it, I will just say that the songs.pak.xen from the xbox version are TOTALLY compatible with the PC version.
You gotta have the dlc you bought ripped from the xbox to the pc, extract the files of the songs folder (all the dlc.pak.xen files) and import them in ghtcp (the song indentifier name in ghtcp has to be the exact same of the file's name and you gotta figure it out the way you want the audio, ripped via xma or from fof rips), then execute actions and when the process it's done, replace the pc songs files that you just created with the xbox songs files (from the songs folder) then test the songs.
I did this long time ago and maybe I'm missing something, let me know if it doesnt work please
---------------
EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCbXUQDX0X4&feature=youtu.be
bidomo  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to make perfect GH3 DLC rips for PC Reply with quote

Take a look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf03_9m_aCM

Most of this I found it on my own, I just nagged some people with messages over reddit and youtube, and I'm grateful to them.
There are a couple of of Threads I wish I could have read before, that could probably have helped in my learning curve about GH mods.

szymmirr wrote:

What do I mean by "perfect"?
- separated audio
- sections
- playable coop
- 1:1 charts (forced hopos etc.)
- good looking, original section names (so, for example, not "section_fast_solo_2a" but "Fast Solo 2A")
- working practice on both instruments
- all difficulties

More-than-perfect conditions:
- Animations for all band members (holy shit). Sounds impossible, but well - it's all saved in dlc files, so theoretically it should be as easy as ripping it to PC, right?
- Correct count off sounds (just a detail)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
dl15.pak.xen (8 KB)
dl15_text.pak.xen (32 KB)
dl15_text_f.pak.xen (32 KB)
dl15_text_g.pak.xen (32 KB)
dl15_text_i.pak.xen (36 KB)
dl15_text_s.pak.xen (36 KB)
dlc37.dat.xen (1 KB)
DLC37.fsb.xen (15 403 KB)
dlc37_song.pak.xen (2 964 KB)

Two questions:
- What are the first six files used for? They have small size and doesn't occur for PC songs.
- Why do first seven and last three files have different numbers?

I'm not sure what the dl15.pak.xen does (or any other dl??.pak.xen), it contains a single .QB file called BC523BFC, which seems pretty random to me, seems like it creates an on-the-fly index for the DLC found (in the 360), so we don't need it at all. Trying to see what's in this pak file gives some warning in QueenBee, "Unable to detect StructItem children Type" and blah blah...

But you can see that little about the file even with that warning.

The following files seem to contain data about the practice mode breakdowns, found some QB files which the song.pak files point to (exactly the same format as the mid_text files inside the QB.PAK songs directory).

The (text.pak)files contain every single same *.qb file, but for different languages of the game

dl15_text.pak.xen (32 KB) default English file
dl15_text_f.pak.xen (32 KB) French text file
dl15_text_g.pak.xen (32 KB) German
dl15_text_i.pak.xen (36 KB) Italian
dl15_text_s.pak.xen (36 KB) Spanish

Every DLC pack contains a set of DL files, and they act as an incremental update, only the latest is loaded (talking about the 360, not the porting).

Every pack contains a file formated in the same format as the songlist.qb inside the container file QB.PAB.XEX, and they contain the listing of DLC songs. This file doesn't have a constant filename, but the indexes with the text belonging to the songs breakdown are the same (I believe someone patched some of this entries directly into the songlist.qb in order for the game to pick up the songs). Again, this is on the 360 side, this does not apply for porting it to PC, but has relevant information for a perfect port.

The chart for every single song has the practice mode breakdowns included, but if you force a song into the list, the sections won't have names, as they have a hex value to be replaced with, when the game executes some kind of query (like talking about MotorJet or a database in general), these hex values are replaced for text only if the values are found. If you inject the file with the text values into the song.pak, it will work, but as soon as you load that song (or you even let the preview to play) the game will stop working as soon as you choose other song and try to play it (even one of the official songs), not like if it crashed or hanged, mostly like it was stalled looking for the song info and breakdown in the previous song.pak file (from the modified song we put into the game), or maybe on it's own song.pak file (the one belonging to the song we switched to)...
In the other hand, if you inject the .qb file into the QB.PAK (when I did it, I renamed the file accordingly and put the file into the correct path), it works flawlessly, no more hangs in the game engine, the hex strings get properly replaced with text strings, but you lose the compability with GHTCP...

From a community custom song (which happens to be a perfect replica of the song "Ernter was wir Saen" from the DLC), I learned that you can put the song breakdowns and the proper names inside the chart, and when you add the song into the game, it will have that info properly formatted. I took a look into the file, and after every breakdown marker, there was no Hex string to be replaced, just another kind of object capable of storing text, no replacement needed, no need to inject the files into the QB.PAK (thou that should have been faster and cleaner), and we retain compability with GHTCP, and doesn't have any kind of side effects in the game engine.

I just have to add that the DLC FSB files contain XMA formatted audio, which is the 360 native format (I don't know why, but the GH2 content was a single MOGG file), so you have to extract it and convert it before you can use it.

And the solution for keeping the animations and retain compability with GHTCP, is so simple that some people will get angry, or, they will just think it makes perfect sense...

I believe this could simply be packed into a SGH file, but I'm gonna need to research on that matter...

szymmirr wrote:

//EDIT
Looks like no one can help me, so even if it's 2025 and you can help - please feel free to post a comment.

Let's hope you show around sooner than that...

I'm not a Developer or anything like that, I know some programming, but my knowledge is minimum, I was simply determined to do it.

Last edited by bidomo on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: bidomo PSN Name: bidomo
szymmirr  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bidomo wrote:

Let's hope you show around sooner than that...

I'm always around, just once appear earlier, and once later

Okay,
I've exchanged some PMs with 666maggot some time ago (before he made his post) and his method works flawlessly. And I mean it. I REALLY mean it. You might not realise that but when I still had an access to a multiplayer account (Anemia's) I've checked that while every regular custom song belongs into one leaderboard, those DLC songs GET THEIR OWN LEADERBOARDS!!! Both the game and Activision servers think that you're playing OFFICIAL DLC!! From what I remember in 2-3 songs there was one person on the leaderboards, so someone has done it before. I could provide some screenshots if I still had an access to any multiplayer account.

Ofc every other perfect-related things apply: audio, band animations (even including CONSOLE-EXCLUSIVE backing vocals animations!!), stage lights and events, practice, co-op, battle, face-off sections, charts (including broken All Nightmare Long hard chart).

Don't know the exact method you've used, but well, maggot's way ends up with the same issue: GHTCP incompatibility. Man, you don't know how much it was driving me insane! I've spent long hours juggling with the tools and files trying to find the fix. Couldn't do it, but came with some possible solutions (some exact as yours):

- GHTCP gets updated and doesn't cry anymore about files getting modified with external tool
- Find out how GHTCP determines that file was modified by external tool and trick it to think that it wasn't
- Inject sections into song.pak (might possibly break leaderboards)
- Find a way to make GH3 read the pak.xen with all of the sections (since 360 and PS3 versions do it, maybe PC version is able to do that too?)
- Call ExileLord
- Someone creates a modern, better GHTCP-ish tool that GH3PC deserves and GHTCP gets forgotten like Song List Editor
- Any other idea

please add gh3 and gha career battles score tracking thanks
bidomo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

szymmirr wrote:

I've exchanged some PMs with 666maggot some time ago (before he made his post) and his method works flawlessly. And I mean it. I REALLY mean it. You might not realise that but when I still had an access to a multiplayer account (Anemia's) I've checked that while every regular custom song belongs into one leaderboard, those DLC songs GET THEIR OWN LEADERBOARDS!!!

If you think about this for a minute, maybe it is because all of the info (including server side leader boards) are a copy-paste from consoles, so if you are playing from a Setlist called downloads, and your game reports that to the server, maybe the server identifies the song via some kind of ID (so, regardless of the song name it will detect it correctly).
Sadly, I don't have a multiplayer account.

As for the game loading the Dl_text files, I believe that's not so possible, if Aspyr never intended to release DLC, maybe they removed that feature from the game, I believe the game content on the 360 has to be addressed somewhere in the title updates (which were a package with a replacement XEX file, the main executable).

As for the band member vocal animations (back vocals), I've seen the Guitarrist singing in "Supermassive blackhole", so it seems to me they work for me.

szymmirr wrote:

Don't know the exact method you've used, but well, maggot's way ends up with the same issue: GHTCP incompatibility. Man, you don't know how much it was driving me insane! I've spent long hours juggling with the tools and files trying to find the fix. Couldn't do it, but came with some possible solutions (some exact as yours):

- GHTCP gets updated and doesn't cry anymore about files getting modified with external tool
- Find out how GHTCP determines that file was modified by external tool and trick it to think that it wasn't
- Inject sections into song.pak (might possibly break leaderboards)
- Find a way to make GH3 read the pak.xen with all of the sections (since 360 and PS3 versions do it, maybe PC version is able to do that too?)
- Call ExileLord
- Someone creates a modern, better GHTCP-ish tool that GH3PC deserves and GHTCP gets forgotten like Song List Editor
- Any other idea

If you'd like, you can test my setlist to check what works and what doesn't.

Check your PM's

.::EDIT::. I forgot to mention the fact that we only need a single DL_text file to be recognized, I got a listing of the QB file names inside the dl30_text.pack file, but it doesn't matter, if the file can be read from the executable, it contains everything on the Practice mode sections names and the Hex references will load accordingly. But it should load alongside qb.pak, as loading an external info file could lead to staling the game, as I mentioned, it doesn't crash, it keeps working but looking in the wrong places...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: bidomo PSN Name: bidomo
zoso9391  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, kind of a noob here.

I manage to get a hold of al the DLC for the PC version of GH3. But as people have pointed out, they don't have sections, and since I'm not that good still, haven't tested if they all have the same chart (force ho/po's and such)

Was this problem solved? Or is still on stand by?
bidomo  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoso9391 wrote:
So, kind of a noob here.

I manage to get a hold of al the DLC for the PC version of GH3. But as people have pointed out, they don't have sections, and since I'm not that good still, haven't tested if they all have the same chart (force ho/po's and such)

Was this problem solved? Or is still on stand by?

Totally different work, I put my time into doing this by hand, the result is a SGH which simply works, no forced ho/po's, this is the real deal, an exact copy of the original files.
plumato  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk if you guys are up to date with Acai28's work, but he found all of the perfect rips, and I added in God of War Theme. I took 3 or 4 precious days of my life and individually added every section manually in a painful, tedious, lengthy, surprisingly easy process. The end result is on my youtube channel (plumato, not linking because it would be a direct link etc), and there is a GH3PC perfect rip including forced HOPOs, correct sustain lengths, etc.

You are all welcome (^:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
bidomo  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plumato wrote:
idk if you guys are up to date with Acai28's work, but he found all of the perfect rips, and I added in God of War Theme. I took 3 or 4 precious days of my life and individually added every section manually in a painful, tedious, lengthy, surprisingly easy process. The end result is on my youtube channel (plumato, not linking because it would be a direct link etc), and there is a GH3PC perfect rip including forced HOPOs, correct sustain lengths, etc.

You are all welcome (^:

Interesting...

I've exchanged some messages with acai, and he stated that in 8 years he didn't know of anyone who might ported the hole content...

Now, after I completed my SGH (it's been some months by now, as it dates back to October 2015), it seems like he got hes hands on the content. I can't assume it was my work he got his hands on to, but I'm sure as hell I posted a link to my video in his channel.

That took me like 2 weeks of my precious time, and it was mostly replacing the Hex strings that look up the section names, with actual strings (replacing the object of course) file by file, as I tried to inject the most complete info file into the qb files, and it resulted in the game stalling... as for the part of preserving other features like band animations and the actual practice section timings, it took some days but the answer is so simple.

Seems like I'll have to post a video explaining how did I manage to keep the band animations and stuff into this files.

Anyone that wants the SGH can simply PM me, as some other people have already done.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plumato wrote:

You are all welcome (^:

anyway to extract GoW theme chart ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
plumato wrote:

You are all welcome (^:

anyway to extract GoW theme chart ?

no idea, but I put a placeholder from FoF forums. SP, HOPOs and chart are exact, but no animations and what not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: