ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live File Structure (and Future Customs?)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiveighteen  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero Live File Structure (and Future Customs?) Reply with quote

I'm looking at the Wii U version of GH Live, since the system has been exploited and the game can (relatively easily) be dumped. It seems like it may use the exact same IMG on all platforms though?

Basically everything lives inside a FSG file system image. It's split into 35 files called DISC0.IMG.partXXX (000-034). This is the same as DJ Hero 2 (if that means anything to anyone). There may be an easier way, but I combined the files with the following command in Command Prompt:
Code:
copy /b DISC0.IMG.part000 + DISC0.IMG.part001 + DISC0.IMG.part002 + DISC0.IMG.part003 + DISC0.IMG.part004 + DISC0.IMG.part005 + DISC0.IMG.part006 + DISC0.IMG.part007 + DISC0.IMG.part008 + DISC0.IMG.part009 + DISC0.IMG.part010 + DISC0.IMG.part011 + DISC0.IMG.part012 + DISC0.IMG.part013 + DISC0.IMG.part014 + DISC0.IMG.part015 + DISC0.IMG.part016 + DISC0.IMG.part017 + DISC0.IMG.part018 + DISC0.IMG.part019 + DISC0.IMG.part020 + DISC0.IMG.part021 + DISC0.IMG.part022 + DISC0.IMG.part023 + DISC0.IMG.part024 + DISC0.IMG.part025 + DISC0.IMG.part026 + DISC0.IMG.part027 + DISC0.IMG.part028 + DISC0.IMG.part029 + DISC0.IMG.part030 + DISC0.IMG.part031 + DISC0.IMG.part032 + DISC0.IMG.part033 + DISC0.IMG.part034 GHLive.IMG

You can open the GHLive.IMG in ArchiveExplorer (found here). Files can be extracted and opened. (Scorehero link to ArchiveExplorer here)

Songs are in /Tracks/Stagefright/

I think you can convert the WEM files to OGG using this.

There is a post (here) that says WEM files may be encrypted though? They say some menu sound files were properly decrypted with "tools by hcs" (no clue).

Perhaps the decryption could have to do with this, which is by maxton (the creator of ArchiveExplorer), saying that "The file paths are hashed with a broken fnv132 hash (developer typed 1677619 instead of 16777619)."

That being said, MP3 to WEM might be accomplished using this?

Charts are XMK files located inside FAR archives at /FAR/Tracks/StageFright/

FAR archives have a FSAR header and can also be opened inside ArchiveExplorer.

FAR archives may contain all/some of the following:
.cams - Camera(?)
.cent - Entity List
.fnt - Font
.gr2 - Animation
.img - Texture
.msb - Model
.vscreen - Video Projection
.wld - World(?)
.xml - Extensible Markup Language
.xmk - Charts
...And possibly more. (source info here)

More on charts in the Guitar Hero Live .xmk chart files thread.

What I don't know yet is if any files can be added or replaced. I thought this would be a good place to consolidate all currently known information and see if we can make any progress. This would be great on the Wii U seeing as the limiting factor would only be the size of your SD card.
maxton  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to join the .part files to open them in ArchiveExplorer, just click the .part000 one and it will (should) find the rest.

The fnv132 hash has nothing to do with encryption, that's just for finding filenames in the .img file.

Some of the wems are encrypted, some aren't. The encrypted ones have the "FSGC" header, and some far archives are also encrypted this way.

The vocal and instrumental backing tracks are in the /Audio folder, and the SoundbanksInfo.xml has their original filenames. The guitar backing tracks are encrypted and in the /Tracks/Stagefright/GHLxxxx/Audio folder.

The Xbox 360 version uses XMA audio in the wem containers, and I assume all other versions use Vorbis.

I looked into the .xmk format a bit, and I couldn't completely work out its format but I know it uses 32-bit floats to encode time offsets for notes, beats, and lyrics. I assume it's some sort of custom binary XML format, considering xml is used often throughout the game.
RockBandKing  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope someone can work out them .xmk file

It would save me lot of time on my GHL to PS project :D

Mostly the tempo maps and vocals
TheGHNerd  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So pretty much just a late update for anyone who still cares, likely not :D

So far i think the only thing stopping console versions from editing game files and replacing songs with GHTV songs is that no one can edit the img files.

As for custom songs, unless someone can work out a midi to xmk i don't think customs will happen.

PikminGuts made the converter using maxton research to convert xmk to midi but only xmk to midi and it take a lot of work to reverse the process

But for now we got all the GHTV + unreleased songs xmk files from the .far files ripped from wii u ram by IPG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h8SYQP25-8 Here a video showing one of the unreleased GHTV songs in GHL, sadly it's on ios as that is the only version that can be edited atm i believe.

Custom audio can be done by using wwise and replacing the crowd as that is the only unencrypted audio for a song that can be edited.

At least GHTV songs can be played but i don't think anyone is going to work out how to do customs which is a shame because i'm likely one of the few people who will rather play on GHL then CHL if customs happened.
MrRussellgro  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject: Need help Reply with quote

Hey, so I dumped GH Live from the Wii U and was using GameArchives (old version) and I open my disc0.img.part### file, it won't read. How do I get passed it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: