ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
TV for GH1, GH2, and 80s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sixstringcal  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:15 am    Post subject: TV for GH1, GH2, and 80s Reply with quote

I recently finally got a PS2 and have GH80s and 2 on it. I already had 2 on the Xbox. The problem for all of these games is input lag. I finally got it kind of working by plugging the RCA cables into the component spot. It's in black and white, but the lag is mostly taken care of in my HDTV. I really want to get GH1, but I know that there is no way to edit video or audio lag and progressive scan isn't an option. Is there a way to make it work on HDTV? What TV works best? I know CRT has supposedly 0 input lag, but now I'm hearing that some CRT TVs have some input lag. Any help would be appreciated.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play the old games through a really old Goodmans LCD TV. it has about 3ms of video lag. I have another PS2 hooked up to one of my PC's monitors with a 1ms response time. However, if you have space, then any CRT monitor will get around the issue nicely.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a sony CRT tv (I forgot the exact kind, but you can see it in most of my pictures I post with scores) that is AMAZING. At my dads, I use a LCD vizio tv and I'm still trying to find a good calibration for it. So far, I find it works best with RB games, especially games like Beatles and RB2.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had no problem on my plasma, but the results is better on CRT of course. get 'em at goodwill, they probably are giving them away real cheap. no one want them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do, just any CRT though? I could have sworn that I heard something once about there being some CRTs with input lag
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most CRTV's have little to no lag. I would guess the best tv's are Sonys or maybe Samsungs. I haven't had good experiences with other brand tvs.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Toshiba 27'' is perfect too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, I've heard some good things about Toshiba's too. Have never used one however.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 40" Samsung LCD and in terms of the lag, GH1 I sometimes play without the music (usually play the song once with it to hear it in my head) and GH2 and 80s have about 30ms delay with the calibration. Honestly when I calibrated, I found the best way was to strum when I heard the click and not even focus on the note scrolling down. Other thing that might help is changing the screen from 16:9 to 4:3, but that's more for aesthetics than anything else.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
LocalH  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HD CRTs often still have lag. SD CRTs never should. I have a 20" JVC SD CRT with component input, and PS2 looks godly on it,

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Sixstringcal  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense a little. I just don't understand why we would go to crt TVs with virtually no input lag, to TVs with input lag. But I'm not a TV engineer. Should most CRTs have component input? Or is that what they all have? Thanks for all the info.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most SD CRTs do not have component, but a percentage of them do. This particular TV cost $250 back in 2001, as opposed to the cheap $99 TVs of the time that barely had composite.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my 27" was 570$ back in 2004 lol still have it and it's perfect for retro gaming so i'll keep it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: