ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 and WT on Steam? Ups and Downs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonicfan7895  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: GH3 and WT on Steam? Ups and Downs? Reply with quote

I was thinking about this for a while, but I wanted to run it by a community who has been online more than I have been playing GH3 on PC... which is to say less than a year.

So I've been thinking of positives and negatives for pitching an idea to Aspyr, and that idea is to suggest porting GH3 and WT to Steam and opening up both games to modding using the Steam Workshop. So far...
    Positives:
    - A faster and easier way to share mods
    --- By extension, songs, textures, and other aspects that users may deem "moddable"

Quite honestly I can't think of any more positives, and sadly I can't think of any negatives... which makes this all the more biased in the eyes of the community. Which is why I want the community to help me on this.

If anyone wants to chime in, feel free to. I'm all ears, honestly, because I don't know if this is a good business move, especially for Aspyr (who is now primarily a Mac publisher)

(P.S., don't quote me on whether or not Aspyr should port it, because I don't know if it's Aspyr or Activision/Neversoft contacting Valve. :/ )
NykoDracad  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Aspyr even has the rights to work on the games anymore, sadly. There's a laundry list of legal issues why this will forever remain a pipe dream, a twinkle in our collective eyes...
Sixstringcal  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure if it happened, they would have to re licence all the songs. The only workaround I can see is if they got rid of all of the songs and left the user to download all of them. Also, I think freestyle games would be the only company that could do that now. Could be wrong about it though.

imo, I think it would be cool to be able to buy it legally without tracking it down or waiting on shipping. The only thing is that they don't really want downloaded customs on the game (to my knowledge), so they would probably continually patch anyway to put customs on.
sonicfan7895  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see... Some interesting takes on this... I never thought about re-licensing all the songs or the fact that Aspyr probably don't have the rights to re-publish the game.

Still, I want to hear more! Negatives or positives, doesn't matter.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gh3pc is trash

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
gh3pc is trash

console master race ftw.
xLif  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
gh3pc is trash

What makes it bad? just curious, i've only ever played it on 360

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xLif wrote:
LocalH wrote:
gh3pc is trash

What makes it bad? just curious, i've only ever played it on 360

In short it was badly ported, there's a bunch of issues performance wise and whatnot when running regular settings, there's a weird lag issue when unpausing a song or starting a section in practice mode, the backing drum tracks are horribly out of sync on the slowed down speeds in practice mode, and I'm sure there's a lot more issues that I haven't mentioned here.

GH1 FC's: 42/47 | GH2 FC's: 73/74 | 80's FC's: 29/30 | GH3 FC's: 68/70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: