Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
newuser1234: whammy issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So mad squeezing dude i wish i was you 11 1st places missing you are god just like Fug

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:
tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:
The first squeeze in Go That Far is super awkward for me, great job hitting that :drool:

Do you tilt for that activation? Like holding the tilt before the SP phrase is done and then hitting the green before the yellow HOPO super late?

I've hit it 3 times before I got that score. My ticking act was so bad as I've gotten x72 many times before. But I just used select and hope I got lucky lul

Thanks for the reply. Was kind of asking Newuser for his method, but I didn't see that you had hit the squeeze as well.

HOPO squeezes can go die. That's why I <3 GH1

Hoping to see some sick scores from you soon, Newuser :D

edit: since you're both here (tanner and newuser) do you guys ever squeeze on HD tv's with lag? I was reading a post from bj0rn yesterday and he mentioned something about getting extra ticks in GH3 playing like that. I've always hated playing GH on HD tv's but I might give it a try to test the theory.
yes i play gh3 on hd tv with 10 ms lag. On schools out expert you can get ticks on last act with high lag settings which ive done

I played Mississippi Queen like 50 times this morning on my roommates little hd tv with 86 ms lag and I could barely FC the song. After trying that for a solid 30 minutes I don't see how it would help. At least for me personally.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:
tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:
The first squeeze in Go That Far is super awkward for me, great job hitting that :drool:

Do you tilt for that activation? Like holding the tilt before the SP phrase is done and then hitting the green before the yellow HOPO super late?

I've hit it 3 times before I got that score. My ticking act was so bad as I've gotten x72 many times before. But I just used select and hope I got lucky lul

Thanks for the reply. Was kind of asking Newuser for his method, but I didn't see that you had hit the squeeze as well.

edit: since you're both here (tanner and newuser) do you guys ever squeeze on HD tv's with lag? I was reading a post from bj0rn yesterday and he mentioned something about getting extra ticks in GH3 playing like that. I've always hated playing GH on HD tv's but I might give it a try to test the theory.
yes i play gh3 on hd tv with 10 ms lag. On schools out expert you can get ticks on last act with high lag settings which ive done

I played Mississippi Queen like 50 times this morning on my roommates little hd tv with 86 ms lag and I could barely FC the song. After trying that for a solid 30 minutes I don't see how it would help. At least for me personally.

My theory on this (which is highly speculative and mostly based on the fact that Rock Band does this) is that lag settings move the timing window for the note but not when you can start getting ticks. Thus, increasing the lag setting can make it easier to get ticks from an activation you otherwise couldn't. I don't see how it could help past that though, as in if you can already get ticks from an activation then lag won't help you get more.

tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:
tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:
tannernieland11 wrote:
suhdude024 wrote:

My theory on this (which is highly speculative and mostly based on the fact that Rock Band does this) is that lag settings move the timing window for the note but not when you can start getting ticks. Thus, increasing the lag setting can make it easier to get ticks from an activation you otherwise couldn't. I don't see how it could help past that though, as in if you can already get ticks from an activation then lag won't help you get more.
yep exactly. If you can already get ticks from a sustain lag wont help

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think about 6-8 weeks ago when i tried playing gh3 again, my whammy had this terrible lag. calibrating didn't help and i initially gave up. but when i came back to it randomly a few days later, it worked perfectly. now it's lagging again. has anyone had this issue? is there a way to fix this?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
i think about 6-8 weeks ago when i tried playing gh3 again, my whammy had this terrible lag. calibrating didn't help and i initially gave up. but when i came back to it randomly a few days later, it worked perfectly. now it's lagging again. has anyone had this issue? is there a way to fix this?

Are you playing on an HDTV or an old school TV? I've never had that problem on a CRT TV.

Maybe it's time for a new guitar?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% positive it's your guitar.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i think its time for a new guitar. i'll hope to get lucky on craigslist because it's not worth paying for these things on ebay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
yeah i think its time for a new guitar. i'll hope to get lucky on craigslist because it's not worth paying for these things on ebay

For what it's worth, I just got an LP on ebay for like 40 bucks and it was basically brand new. Just had to hardwire it and I was good to go. Still a risky buy though considering all the junk out there.

I feel like redoctane should have a warehouse full of old LP's somewhere...in a perfect world

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:

I just got a new GH5 guitar on ebay. I don't think the dongle was new though because it looked used. Still works really good.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannernieland11 wrote:
newuser1234 wrote:

I just got a new GH5 guitar on ebay. I don't think the dongle was new though because it looked used. Still works really good.

ill check out ebay. although i dont really want to spend any money because i dont care that much haha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
tannernieland11 wrote:
newuser1234 wrote:

ill check out ebay. although i dont really want to spend any money because i dont care that much haha

I take that back. Since the dongle was in shit shape its causing a lot of guitar malfunctions like random misses. I'll probably never buy from ebay again and stick to amazon... Boy they are expensive..

LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardwired LPs for life, it's just too bad that the actually hardwired LP from GHA had xplorer guts (or at least whammy)

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LemonMeringue wrote:
hardwired LPs for life, it's just too bad that the actually hardwired LP from GHA had xplorer guts (or at least whammy)

I'm just pissed that it took me damn near 10 years to figure out that you don't have to solder anything to make this work tho... just need some wire cutters and tape haha the strum bar still sucks balls on the LP imo tho
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: