ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Checking Interest for Tournament in Salt Lake City Utah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sixstringcal  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Checking Interest for Tournament in Salt Lake City Utah Reply with quote

Hi,
The video game club at my school decided that they want to do a video game tournament. At the moment, we are planning to do a large one sometime during late December (with guitar hero + the if there is interest, Rock Band + Smash and maybe more). I'm wondering how many people would be interested so we know about how large the venue needs to be. I have had experience organizing competitions before (I have organized a few Rubik's Cube competitions with about 100 competitors each time and even more spectators).

This competition would be in Salt Lake City Utah.

We would be playing some of the guitar hero games (Including Guitar Hero Live) and if there is interest Rock Band 4/Rivals with both battle mode and Pro-Face off. All games would be on Xbox 360 except for the PS2 exclusives, Rock Band 4/Rivals (XBox 1), and Guitar Hero Live (Wii U, but it doesn't matter because it's just the dongles that are platform specific). We will also be doing things with customs on GH3PC

There would not be an age requirement.

The entry fee is not determined, but we were thinking around $10-$14 base fee with $2-$4 per game. This is subject to change, as if we have more people, we won't need to charge as much.

Don't know about tournament structure, we will be discussing this more tomorrow.

We don't know what will be prizes yet, but there will be prizes.

I think it will probably be on a saturday, due to people being off of work and school (supposing it doesn't land on everyone's winter break).

We don't have a website up yet, as we are just trying to see how many people are interested.

As for contact information, you can email me at sixtringcalgh@gmail.com.

You will have to supply your own guitars, drums, and microphones (For RB I have the xbox one legacy adapter, so wireless xbox controllers should work) (Wired guitars and wireless guitars are both fine, but for PC, make sure you bring your own wireless adapter if you use a wireless guitar). For the Guitar Hero stuff, we likely will just to Guitar stuff, but if we have enough interest, we would do some full band stuff.

If there is anything I have missed, please let me know. We don't know too much yet on the specifics, but as soon as I know, I'll let you guys know.

Last edited by Sixstringcal on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:41 am; edited 2 times in total
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in central Utah so, depending on the date, I might be interested. I've never competed in a tournament before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: