ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1 Cowboys From Hell solo "snake"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: GH1 Cowboys From Hell solo "snake" Reply with quote

I somehow managed to FC Cowboys From Hell 3x outside of the impossible weird af snake

m83 here http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh-ps2/expert/cowboysfromhell.no-squeeze.best.png

Any tips on this please? I've tried this focusing on different notes, tried to see different things in this, even to use Y hopos and all hopos, but it is just so ugly I can't even hit this on GH3PC forced strums lmao.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the obvious solution is to look at it like consecutive trips- then -kind of split it apart like that in your mind. Of course it's all a constant speed, so this is more for fretting the notes than for strumming. If it helps you can watch a video with strumming noises to get the exact speed down, I've found that helps. (Not to mention playing along to the video doesn't hurt) Not sure if this was any help at all
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strum everything. I personally found it was best not to think too hard, especially about the notes. Try to just go on autopilot. If you're going to concentrate on something, make it the rhythm and strum speed rather than the fretting. Get the strumming locked in and just hope your fingers do the right thing without overthinking the coordination between the two. I also found it wasn't as fast as I thought it was.

That's what I did. I'm still inconsistent, but once I had hit it once or twice, it quickly became grindable.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
xLif  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a similar pattern to that one part in the solo of Monsters in gh3, just a bit faster. practice that maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Well the obvious solution is to look at it like consecutive trips- then -kind of split it apart like that in your mind. Of course it's all a constant speed, so this is more for fretting the notes than for strumming. If it helps you can watch a video with strumming noises to get the exact speed down, I've found that helps. (Not to mention playing along to the video doesn't hurt) Not sure if this was any help at all

hey i'm 3 years too late but it helped me immensely to think of it as

this etc. (I get a 403 error when I try to use freticons??? lol nvm it's only when a freticon starts a newline... has that always been a glitch?)

don't really know why, i guess thinking of it that way reduces the attention you have to pay to fretting perfectly and lets you just think about strumming

oh also i start with an upstrum on the blue. that's probably what makes it easier come to think of it

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: