SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
mninp goes for FCs from GH1 to GH WoR *Sunshine of Your Love EX FC!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mninp wrote:

The Breaking Wheel...yeah I don't see myself getting this, I am way too inconsistent at this song. 98%

For what it's worth that song used to give me a bit of trouble until I started paying more attention to BPM changes. That song is FULL of annoying BPM changes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few new updates guys. I 5 starred CFH and BW. CFH took me 6 tries and TBW took me 3. Once I got the chorus riff in CFH down pretty much perfectly it wasn't too bad. I still don't understand how it took me so many tries. Oh well.

Anyway, I've been going back to hard to FC some more songs. I'm pretty much just picking the ones I know I can get right now. I already got Smoke on the Water, Sharp Dressed Man and Killer Queen FCd ight off the bat, so that's good. I choked on Infected yet again, for some reason I can never do that solo perfectly. I didn't bother with YGATC at all. Next I'm gonna try Heart Full of Black, Fat Lip and take it from there.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Lip and Cochise hard FCs!

I got -1 in Heart Full of Black on the solo. I know I can get this one, it's a matter of putting it all together.

I tried Take it Off again because I wanted to see how alt strumming worked for that solo, and it worked pretty well. I made it about 3/4 of the way through that fast part without messing up, which means I know I can get it. I don't think this one is as hard as people say it is.

Next I'm gonna try Spanish Castle Magic and Higher Ground, then I'm going to the bonus songs.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanish Castle Magic, Higher Ground, Eureka I've Found Love, Even Rats, Guitar Hero hard FCs! I'm very proud of this bunch, let me tell you. Even Rats took me two tries, I don't know it is about that song, but I hate playing it. Guitar Hero also took me two tries. I got- 1 in a random section of the song, but I kept playing it to see what the solo was like because I forgot and yet again I FCd the rest if the song. Tried it again and boom FC. I am getting closer and closer to my 30.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys I got another three FCs on hard and holy shit one of them is a big one. I FCd Sail Your Ship By...whatever, easy song. Then I FCd Infected after two more tries which I'm really happy about. But THEN on a whim I decided to try another song. I FCd it. That song is...You Got Another Thing Comin! YES that's right I FCd You Got Another Thing Comin on hard. Come at me bro. But seriously I'm so proud of this one, this FC is definitely my biggest yet and I did in one try today. I just said fuck it let me try it out and bam FC. I'm so ecstatic right now. This is insane. I know this song might not be hard at all to some of you, but this was ALWAYS one of those songs on hard that I knew I was never gonna get and well...check it out. I don't want to exit the results screen that's how happy I am.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got another FC. Its not big deal, it's not like it's a hard song or anything. You know, it's just Symphony of Destruction. That's right, I just FCd Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth on hard. This is probably the hardest FC I have ever gotten in my life playing guitar hero. I pretty much flipped out, then I went and took a picture of it because I don't want that results screen to ever go away. I tried it once, messed up the solo a few times and thought "oh I can definitely get this" and went for another run. Well I got it. I have now reached my goal of 30 hard FCs.

Despite that fact that I have already reached my goal I want to try a few more songs out real quick. I want to take another couple stabs at Take it Off, I want to try Cheat on the Church again, and I want to give Caveman Rejoice another go. I don't care if I don't FC anything for the rest of the night, because I got Symphony of Destruction.

Just an FYI, I tried Heart Full of Black two more times and missed a note in that solo both times. I love this song and I really don't want to get annoyed by it, so I'm gonna set aside this one for now. Maybe I'll com back to it later on.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get Take it Off, Cheat on the Church, or Caveman Rejoice after a few more,tries, but it's all good. I tried Heart Full of Black three more times but no deuce. I always mess up once in that damn orange steak. Well anyways, I decide to say fuck it and jump to GH2 but surprise, my disc isn't working. So I ordered a new copy and it's supposed to come on Sunday. I guess for the time being I have no choice but to work on more hard and expert FCs in GH1. I guess I'll try more expert for no since I haven't really been working on that.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I think I've figured something out. I was playing lefty on easy because why not and I noticed that I would overstrumming about every 100 notes or so. At first I thought I was overstrumming the strum bar, but it kept happening, almost every single song. I tested it out and yes, I would literally just hit a note and it would count as two strums. This is very interesting. This would explain why I didn't 5 star CFH or TBW but I 5 starred Texas Flood. This would explain why I can't get Heart Full of Black on hard. This would explain why I can't even make it to the solo on Ace of Spades. Its funny because I noticed before that I would mess up in a hard solo before the hard part even came up and I was like what the fuck. It would also explain how I FCd Higher Ground only down strumming but I couldn't do it alt strumming. Guys...I think my guitar is messed up when it comes to up strumming. I think I might have to get a new one. Like I said it's not too bad...it's only every 100 notes or so, but it's still a thing. I really don't want to attempt GH2 like this.
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started Guitar Hero 2 and I already FCd 5 songs on hard and I just hit the third tier. Playing GH1 got me much better at GH in general, most of these songs are so much easier. I'll talk about my FCs, then I'll talk about the songs I missed.

Guitar Hero 2 FCs (Hard)

1. Shout at the Devil- Right off the bat I FC the first song in the game. Nice FC too since I don't think it's a complete gimme.
2. Surrender- This is a nice FC to have. I don't know how to hit that column of blue notes consistently so good thing I got it on the first try.
3. Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight- Damn guys...I never expected to get this song in a million years never mind first try. This might have been my most incompetent FC ever because on those "trill" sections the pattern for strumming is so wonky I had no idea what rhythm it was, but I just kind of went for it, being no idea if I was gonna miss the next note or not. These post verse riffs aren't easy either...No One Knows chorus comes to mind. I don't know how I got this, but I did. First ever FC of this song.
4. Heart Shaped Box- Even Rats, we meet again. I hate playing long songs with slow tempos because my mind wanders too much. Ether way, this one's a gimme.
5. Message in a Bottle- Nice FC to have right here. There's a few choke points here and the last minute or so is anxiety inducing, never mind the fact that it's easy to lose concentration in the verses. Glad I got this one.
6. Monkey Wrench- Very chokeable song here, but I got it.
7. Them Bones- That last solo is tough, but somehow I got through it.
8. Search and Destroy- Not as hard as I remember.
9. War Pigs- Very happy to get this one, such a long song with some tricky parts.
10. Cherry Pie- Pretty much a gimme.
11. Who Was in My Room Last Night- Possibly the most chokeable song in the game, somehow I pulled through. I was on autopilot the whole time.
12. Girlfriend- Incredibly easy, this one's a gimme.
13. Can't You Hear Me Knockin- Another gimme.
14. Sweet Child O' Mine- This song was the band of my existence when I was younger, I never FCd it on hard. Now I get it in one try. This might be one of my proudest FCs of the day.
15. Bad Reputation- Great FC to have, a lot of tricky parts here.
16. Elephant Bones- Easy, but some tricky stuff.
17. Less Talk More Rokk- Happy I got this one, this song is choke city.
18. Mr. Fix It- REALLY easy FC here, but hey, every FC counts.
19. The New Black- Really proud of this one.
20. Parasite- Very easy, but solo can get you.
21. Radium Eyes- Another really easy one, this one's a gimme.
22. Red Lottery- So fucking happy I got this, I really hate this song. No idea how I hit the trills, but I did it.
23. Soy Bomb- Easy song, but still a nice FC to have.
24. X-Stream- Another nice FC. While a lot of people might say this song is really easy, it's also easy to choke on and easy to make a little mistake.
25. Yes We Can- A tricky part or two, but easy for the most part.
26. Strutter- I should have gotten this the first time lol, really easy FC.
27. John The Fisherman- Possibly my proudest FC in this game yet. I have no idea how I hit the Bridge, but I did and I got the FC.
28. Last Child- Nice FC to have. There's a few tricky parts, but I'm happy I got it.
29. Trippin' On a Hole In a Paper Heart- Great FC to have. It took me a couple tries but I got it.
30. Madhouse- Very nice to have a 7th tier FC!
31. Collide- Happy I got this FC, the end part is really tricky.
32. Gemini- Nice, I finally got that run where I was able to put it all together.
33. Tattooed Love Boys- I have no idea how I hit the GRRRGRRRGRRRGRRR part, but it doesn't matter because I did it.
34. Stop- such an anxiety inducing song. Again, no idea how I hit that solo, but I'm definitely proud of this FC.
35. Carry on Wayward Son- Very happy I finally got this!
36. Crazy On You- I fucked up the intro a few times but once I hit the intro, I was able to pull it all together and get the FC! The only thing is, my non FC score is better than my FC score. Oh well...
37. FTK- This one came out of nowhere. While going through my GH2 songs, i randomly tried this one and what do you know...FC! Not too bad actually, just kind of annoying.
38. Laughtrack- This one was LONG overdue. I should have gotten this one a while ago. Still, doesn't matter, I got the FC!
39. You Really Got Me- YES! REALLY proud of ths one. I spent a couple minutes in practice mode to practice the solo, then tried the End Wankery to make sure i got it. Then I went for it and got the FC first try!
40. Jessica- YES! Another great FC! I spent a few minutes in practice mode trying to get the Ending down. I made sure I was able to hit it 3 times in a row. Then I went to try to FC it and BAM FC first try!

Now for the songs I missed.

Mother- I remember this one being much harder than it was. One section in the last solo caught me off guard, but I know I can get this one pretty easily.

Woman- Ugh I was so close on this one. I messed up one part of the solo, I even FCd the columns of blue notes. This would be a great FC to have, and I know I can get it. Its all just about putting everything together for the duration of the song.

Strutter- Lol easiest FC in the game, I hit green instead of red for some stupid reason. I always mess up on the easiest songs.

You Really Got Me- Well I was close...I FC everything outside that first solo. I don't think one is completely out of my reach, I think I just need to go into practice mode and get that solo figure out, because on the last feel notes of the fast part it forces you to go back into first position to hit the G-B notes while still maintaining the speed. I know I can get this, I just need to practice that one part.

Carr on Wayward Son- This is a tricky one. I had -6 on solo 1 and FCd the rest. I know I can get this one, but the entire song is choke central and I don't really like playing it. We'll see.

Hard FC Breakdown (so far)

Strutter
Heart Shaped Box
Girlfriend
Cherry Pie
Can't You Hear Me Knockin
Shout at the Devil
Search and Destroy
Mother
Then Bones
Message in a Bottle
Monkey Wrench
Surrender
Who Was in My Room Last Night
War Pigs
Tattooed Love Boys
Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight
Carry on Wayward Son
You Really Got Me
Sweet Child O' Mine
Woman

Last edited by mninp on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:49 am; edited 7 times in total
mninp  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 more GH2 hard FCs!

I have FCd 9 out of the 10 songs I played in the 3rd and 4th tiers. This is insane. Most of these I have never gotten before. I am killing it today. I FCd everything in the 3rd and 4th tiers except for Tattooed Love Boys, which I know I can get. I'll update the FC lost since there isn't a whole lot to talk about seeing as I only missed one song. I still can't believe how good I'm doing.
xLif  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually after coming back from a break players find they do better great job and keep it up!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Reputation FCd! Unfortunately TTFAF is the only FC I got and I'm up to YYZ. I'll go over the FCs I missed right now.

Killing in the Name- This one is tough. Assuming you hit everything before the solo, th solo itself is the hardest part of the song. With no way to hit that solo consistently, this one's gonna be a doozy.

John the Fisherman- Everything is easy outside the hard part...you know what I'm talking about. I have no idea how to hit that.

Freya- Honestly outside the solo, thus song isn't that bad. I think I can get it after a few more tries, but how much do I really want this one right now.

Last Child- I only messed up once here, I know I can get this one. Some the icky part but nothing insane.

Crazy on You- I only messed up once in one of the verses. I can get this one, but it's gonna take a long time. The intro is tough enough, and the rest of the song is choke city.

Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart- I know I can get this, I just wasn't prepared for the speed in this song. Tricky song, but not impossible.

Rock This Town- Tough song, I can get this with some practice, but it's tough putting everything together on one run.

Jessica- Easy outside the ending. I can't get that ending though, it's really tough.

Stop- I messed up twice in this song. I know I an get this with some practice though, this one might be the easiest in this tier.

Madhouse- The speed got to me here. Nothing in this song is really that hard, it's just keeping up with the rhythm that's the problem.

Carry Me Home- Tough FC here. It'd gonna take a miracle to put everything together, but I only missed 6 notes on my first try so I can definitely do it. This one's gonna take a while.

Laid to Rest- Not as hard as it sounds. I messed up once, I known I can get this

Psychology Freakout- Gonna take a while, this song is pretty crazy. I messed up quite a bit here.
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, JTF, fuck that song with that weird strumming. I've hit it ONCE on hard with no overstrums.
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always found JTF to be a bit janky to hit in GH2 - not necessarily hard, I just feel that the jumpy chords were annoying way back when I last played :D

Cool progress so far mninp
mninp  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys it's been about 5 months but i'm getting back into this, continuing right from where I left off. I'm not 15 anymore, so it's hard to play Guitar Hero whenever I want these days, not to mention other new games got in the way and such. But hey, I'm back, that's what matters. Anyway, I went through all the GH2 Bonus Songs on hard tonight and I got a bunch of new FCs.

For the most part I'm pretty happy with what I got. I only legitimately choked twice...literally everything else that I knew I can easily get I was able to get, so it's not all lost. First I'll comment on the FCs I got, then I'll comment on the ones I didn't get. Remember, I only played through these songs once (as far as this current run goes).

FCs

Elephant Bones- This is a pretty easy song, but the solo can be tricky. This FC is nice to have.

Less Talk More Rokk- I don't know why, but this song was anxiety inducing. It repeats the same thing over and over again, and I swear by the end of it I was seeing different notes. The part I thought I was going to choke on was the "let's get this party going...yeah" part (I don't know what to call it). That part has some weird Ho/Po's in there that I thought was going to catch me off guard. But luckily I did it.

Mr. Fix It- Really easy song. If I would have messed up here it would have been no big deal, that's how easy this one is. I FC'd it anyway so it's all good.

The New Black- This one I'm really proud of. While it's not particularly difficult, it's definitely a league above all the "gimme" hard FCs in this game, and it's definitely a nice FC to have.

Parasite- Not gonna lie, that solo caught me off guard. Still, I hit all of it and got the FC, that's what matters.

Radium Eyes- Another really easy one. It's a great song so to be honest I wouldn't have minded if I choked on this one.

Red Lottery- Oh my God, I forgot how terrrible this song is. Thank God I got this FC in one go, because I don't know if I would be able to take it again. I have NO IDEA how I got that "solo" part with those mini trills, but I got it. That par completely caught me off guard and I didn't even know I was doing it, I was just in the zone. This might be my proudest FC of the night, just because I know I won't have to play it (at least on Hard) again.

Soy Bomb- This song, while easy, definitely keeps you on your toes. I thought for sure I would over strum somewhere, but thankfully I got it.

X-Stream- really proud of this one. There's a lot of Ho/Po's leading into the main riffs in this song and a llot of fast strumming that you have to count inside your head to make sure you're on beat. Basically, while it's an easy song for the most part, it's very easy to mess up here. Great FC here.

Yes We Can- This song is just...weird. It's not as bad as Red Lottery in my opinion, it's actually pretty funny. I completely forgot how random this song was. When the whistle part happened I was like "what...the...fuck?". Yeah the song is garbage but at least it doesn't sound like nails on a chalkboard like Red Lottery does. Anyway, there are some tricky moments here so I' proud of this FC.

FC's I missed out on

Raw Dog- I messed up a lot in this one. I know I can get it, but to be fair it was the first song I played in a long time and I was a bit rusty, especially coming back from playing a lot of Rock Band 4 where the whole interface looks different.

Arterial Black- Don't know if I can get this any time soon. That solo is nuts and the main riff is easy to mess up on. I'll leave this on the side for now.

Collide- I can get this one, I just choked. This song is not that bad.

Fall of Pangea- Yeah...can you say "finger killer"? I have no intention of even attempting to get this one any time soon...the song is very long and there's so many easy places to miss.

FTK- I messed up twice I think. This song isn't too bad, but there's some weird Ho/Po's strewn about that is pretty tricky to hit.

Gemini- Ugh...I almost had this one. I choked twice in this song, but nothing here is out of my reach, I promise you that.

Push Push (Lady Lightning)- I can already tell this is one of the hardest Hard FC's in the game. It's pretty crazy. I think I got like 96% so...yeah, not gonna happen for a long time.

Laughtrack- I choked here. Ugh...this song is pretty easy too, I just choked. I'll definitely get this when I go back and try to get more Hard FC's.

Jordan- Yeah, not gonna happen for a while. To be honest, I feel like the solo is more hit-able that the chorus. That chorus riff just throws me off constantly with the Ho/Po's as the first note in every different note (I can't really explain it). I'm not sure if just alt strumming the whole thing is worth it or if I should just learn to Ho/Po those notes and still keep the rhythm.

One For the Road- Wow, not nearly as bad as I expected. I only messed up twice. Once was a choke, the other was a part I wasn't ready for, but seriously I can get this song. It's going to take me a lot of tries probably t put it all together, but I can get it. This song is just an endurance test of moderate difficulty. I got over 400K though, which was nice.

Six- I remember this being the last song I 5 Starred on Hard in this game. Yeah...not gonna get this for a while. I'm really bad at alt strumming ascending and descending notes, despite all my GH1 FC experience. The solo is absolute bullshit as well.

The Light That Blinds- Not TERRIBLY hard, but still a while away for me. I think I got the main verse riff down perfectly (it took me a little while to get it down after it first showed up). The hard parts are the breakdown after the intro and the solo. Everything else I think I'm good to go. But it's much easier said that done.

Thunderhorse- I have no idea why, but I am terrible at this song. I can't keep a combo for shit. The gallops in the middle of the song...I just can't do it. The rhythm is so odd. Then there's a few other riffs in there that seem to get me a lot of the times. I think this one is still a ways off.

Trogdor- Yeah...see you in about 20 years. After doing it again tonight, I REALLY don't se how it's possible to hit that solo. The strums literally do not register and I'm going as fast as I can. Oh well.

But yeah, I got 10 FC's out of 24 in one go...not too bad I'd say. Now I'm going to start Expert and see how many I can get there.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: