SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
gbm's thread. I play bass.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
Long time no see. I FC'd Tarantula on bass.

5th person to FC this, at least on Scorehero. The score probably should have been like 1000-1200 better but I was pretty nervous at the end so I didn't push it. This puts me at 27/28 bass/rhythm FC's in the North American version of On Tour: Decades. I just have I Can't Drive 55 left. I don't really know if I'll ever grind that one out. It's not hard at all but it is almost entirely gallops. For 5 minutes. If you haven't ever played the DS games let me tell you, alt-strumming is garbage. The stop and start nature of gallops only make the situation worse. Anyway, that's just a roundabout way of me saying that I would love to get this FGFC, but I'm not sure I want to sit through all of the random misses that are going to happen for no reason.

See you next time I decide to randomly pop up.

Hey...I remember you :P Congrats on the new FC

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarantula FC is AWESOME sir. I'm not surprised it's only the 5th FC posted on scorehero, (I'm also not surprised you got it though since you're a beast!), it's definitely not for lack of people trying though because Decades really just is that hard. I think it's easily the toughest of the handheld games and very few people even on scorehero appreciate just how impressive a Tarantula FC really is. Excellent, excellent work!

I wouldn't even bother with I Can't Drive 55. It's just broken. I mean you can try for the 1458 ns run but I totally agree it's the dumbest chart for that strumming engine and I basically consider you to have the FGFC at this point. Score increases (on ICD55 or otherwise) would be just gravy at this point. I'd be interested to see you tackle guitar for this game, with Tarantula Bass FC skills, you could really do some damage (and I Can't Drive 55 is fun on lead guitar, even I've FC'd it )

Hope you randomly pop in again soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ginger.

Drama, it's nice to know someone around here is actually familiar with the DS games, let alone the bass charts. Unfortunately I can't accept that I have the OT: Decades FGFC until I get that 1458 run on ICD55. I know I can do it. I just might have to borrow my brother's DS because the screen on mine is pretty iffy, almost like it has lost some sensitivity.

I actually have to disagree with you on Decades being the hardest handheld game, at least as far as bass/rhythm is concerned. I have found Modern Hits to be significantly more difficult. Anyway, I look forward to your incoming Indians FC... and throw some attempts at TtFaF. It's not as hard as you think. Especially not for someone with a BYOB.
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you're right, Modern Hits is probably harder come to think of it. I spent a good chunk of time on Decades and I just remember it being SO hard to get FCs (even on Medium) that I neglected the DS games that came after it for a long time and still haven't spent too much time on Modern Hits. Decades also just has no rhyme or reason with tiers, so having Tarantula be in Tier 1 is like a kick in the groin when you first encounter it. For guitar though, I still think Satch (Decades) is the hardest thing ever and I may never pass it. Good luck plowing through the ICD55 "FC" for completion sake, you have my sympathies in advance In any event, I am also glad there's another DS player still among the forum posters who knows the value of the challenging FCs those games pose.

Surprised to hear you didn't have BYOB Bass FC but I mean that in a good way (as in, you have a lot of other really kickass bass FCs of which I will be forever jealous). I bet you if you revisit BYOB it wouldn't take as long as you think, but then again that's what you say for me and TTFAF and I dunno about that, given how long Indians is taking me :p I still say it would be great to see you eventually get FSFC (maybe even including DS games! That would be so great and I bet you could do it)

Rock on man

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a couple weeks ago I was randomly browsing some score pages (as one does) and I happened to notice that Rock Band 4 had not been FGFC'd on hard bass. At least not on Scorehero. Considering the fact that RB4 is the only rhythm game I currently have access to I decided to knock this out. Should only take a day or two, right? Well... I quickly discovered that I wasn't comfortable just sightread FCing everything, so I ended up trial and error pathing basically the whole game. Anyway, 17 days later, I got the first documented RB4 hard bass FGFC. 1st place on every song, by several thousand points more often than not. Here's the scores page.

I believe that was the last difficulty that needed to be FGFC'd on strings and I know vocals is done on all 4. It's time for you drummers to come submit your scores! None of the 4 difficulties has a FGFC on Scorehero.

(I'm aware this is the GH forum but I genuinely don't think anybody reads the RB side.)
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you still in action, mackey.

I don't have an XBox One myself, so can't get RB4... but good job getting the first FGFC on hard bass! You have two left for expert, doable?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not. I don't know if you've seen videos of Metropolis or Dream Genie but they are pretty brutal.

Melody 1b is the impossible part in Metropolis. Then about 1 minute later you have the bass solo. The solo is doable, I actually FC'd it in my high score run but melody 1b is crazy.

Dream Genie is notoriously relentless. It would be hard enough if you just had to play the main riff the whole time but the jam sections are especially horrible. And they happen twice. And the second time is longer. At my peak I still came up just short of gold starring this song.

It was fun jumping in and doing some pathing on the hard bass stuff though.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a PS4 and RB4 I'd probably try to knock out HDrums. Sadly, I don't, so I can't throw my hat into the ring. Good job on the HBass FGFC, though!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratz on 1st ever :P

IF you are really keen to path hard Bass, I have the chart file. they are not 100% accurate for some ending and some songs require editing (which i'll do).

let me know.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on FG1st on RB4 HBass! I know the competition probably isn't as fierce on the more recent games, not to mention lower difficulties, but it's still an impressive feat! First ever FGFC is pretty awesome as well. What are your plans now? More RB4? I know you said you don't have access to other games right now but it'd be awesome to see you get back in the GH bass ring, maybe tackle some of those last few FCs...

BTW, I just finished reading through your entire thread, it was really cool seeing all the progress you made, with handfuls of firsts for each update. I can definitely relate now, having done my own share of squeezing on most of these games. The FC progress was also pretty amazing to read about, especially with Dyer's Eve. That one seemed like quite the mountain to climb, and it's all the more impressive that you pulled it off. I bet BYOB at the very least would be easier than that :)

It's unfortunate that your most active time was when I was probably least active with the site (or at least I was pretty much exclusively playing GHL/GHTV). And I regret not jumping on bass sooner! I can only imagine the rivalry we could've had if I had been squeezing bass at the same time. Well, I guess it's never too late
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Good job on the HBass FGFC, though!

Thanks void!

Cabanon wrote:
IF you are really keen to path hard Bass, I have the chart file. they are not 100% accurate for some ending and some songs require editing (which i'll do).

let me know.

This is me letting you know. I would LOVE to have the chart files. LOVE.

alexhaz64 wrote:
BTW, I just finished reading through your entire thread, it was really cool seeing all the progress you made, with handfuls of firsts for each update. I can definitely relate now, having done my own share of squeezing on most of these games. The FC progress was also pretty amazing to read about, especially with Dyer's Eve. That one seemed like quite the mountain to climb, and it's all the more impressive that you pulled it off. I bet BYOB at the very least would be easier than that

Thanks a lot! I like reading through my thread occasionally too. It's pretty cool to have a time capsule for all that stuff, even if the early stuff is kind of cringey.

alexhaz64 wrote:
I can only imagine the rivalry we could've had if I had been squeezing bass at the same time. Well, I guess it's never too late

*twitches* You have no idea how much I wish I was able to jump in and attempt to defend my 1sts.
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a few score submissions from you... it looks like you're defending some firsts.. that's awesome! I was getting tired of Netflix shows, now I can watch alex v. gmb

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
Just saw a few score submissions from you... it looks like you're defending some firsts.. that's awesome! I was getting tired of Netflix shows, now I can watch alex v. gmb

Lol, alex vs gmb is definitely worth a watch as gmb already stole two firsts back!
As for Netflix... I know most of us are staying at home a lot, but you can't have watched everything decent already!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol the rumors are true. I finally decided to go buy a used 360 for cheap and I am slowly working on getting my GH squeeze timing back. I'm struggling to hit good front-ends compared to 4 years ago (also tick holding) but I have been able to play defense on a few songs.

Round and Round +12
More Than a Feeling +160
Back in the Saddle +144
I Love Rock 'n Roll +8 Tied alex. Most likely optimal. (I can't believe you made replay this one.)
Rock and Roll All Nite +208 I'm really happy about this one. I was never able to hit that first squeeze in the past.
Cult of Personality +122

Not sure how much I'll be able to play this weekend but hopefully a little.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCORE FIIIIIIIIGHT!

Squeezing has never really been my strong point, especially on later games (no, GH1M is a fluke, guitar-wise). Plus, having guitars with whammy lag makes it virtually impossible to contest anywhere even if I wanted to (and I neither remember how I can change it nor feel comfortable trying). Good luck to you two.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: