[] Make a bucket list.

x=complete

GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[X] See Jeff Mangum in person
[ ] Hug Jeff Mangum

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
does getting the first fc of a song (or highest score) count as breaking a world record, or are we talking like sanctioned records only (eg Guinness)?

Hey, this thread's been bumped! I think for this particular question, it really boils down to personal beliefs, since this is YOUR bucket list, not someone else's. For me, I wanted to break a GUINNESS world record; I wanted the recognition from them o make it official. But if you feel like getting the first FC of a song in Guitar Hero or get the highest score is good enough, then it is! Not sure if you've checked out Twin Galaxies, but they are group that focuses on official video game records, and I believe they are a branch of Guinness.

f4phantom2500 wrote:
i think, when considering something like this, it is wise to think of your desired accomplishments in groups - achievements of mind, body, and soul. these are your internal achievements. external achievements would be interactions you have with the world - visiting places, doing things for other people, etc. sometimes there will be overlap but this approach helps me feel that my list is more comprehensive for me.

This is an excellent approach to building your list. I think you'll feel more fulfilled by completing each one. Good on ya!

Well, in the year or so since we last saw this thread, I was able to check a couple of mine off

12. See my favorite NY teams in their respective championship games in person (Yanks in WS, Knicks in NBAC, Rangers in SCF, Giants in SB) (25% complete, Giants in SB)

15. Break a world record (99% complete, pending verification)

I was hoping to travel to Oregon this year to get another state highpoint, but that likely will not happen.

Also, there's a slim chance that I'll go the Stanley Cup finals, but that would mean the Rangers would have to pull off yet ANOTHER Game 7 miracle, and they still have win Game 6 tomorrow night.

I'm also gonna start learning guitar (finally) starting next weekend.

ALSO, does anyone know of any place to go bungee jumping in the southeast? Having some trouble finding a place.

Since it's its been roughly a year since this thread was started, how else you folks done in checking things off your respective lists?

PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try to focus mainly on long-term goals, since there's not much to be done right now besides getting good grades. I'll probably type this up here, and then write it down somewhere, but I don't know where to put it. Do you guys nail it to your wall or put it on the fridge, or what?

-Go to university in England
-Attend Wacken Open Air
-Visit Finland and Sweden
-Build some visible muscle
-Visit Aberdeen, Scotland (where I was raised)
-Get through high school without another teacher hating me because of religion
-See Stratovarius live
-See Sonata Arctica live
-See Blind Guardian live
-Find a haircut that actually fits me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
Since it's its been roughly a year since this thread was started, how else you folks done in checking things off your respective lists?

Visit all counties in the United States: I visited an additional 52 counties in Texas last month, pushing the grand total to 1074 - past the one-third mark, finally! (Hat-tips to Deschain for hosting the ScoreHero-in-Texas event and GuitarHailz-and-husband for letting me couch-surf for crash space!) Still have over 2000 to go, though. This... "may" take a while, yes. My friend Rachel seems to be pretty fascinated by the "weird trips through aimless nowhere" process, though, so we might do something dopey to further the count (e.g., visit all the counties in West Virginia) this summer, depending on how broke and/or unemployed I feel.

Catch a game in all MLB stadiums: No progress, sadly. I was in Houston, but the Astros were out of town. Still holding steady at eleven current stadiums: Giants, A's, Padres, Cubs, Reds, Rangers, Diamondbacks, Angels, Mariners, Red Sox, and Dodgers. (I've also been in the Giants' and Twins' old stadiums, though I mostly list those as footnotes that don't "count".)

Road trip to the Arctic Ocean: Had to push off my grand drive to the Arctic Ocean for yet another summer - sigh. I'm pretty much in "Anchorage 2013 or Bust!" mode at this point. Still not decided whether I should fly to Anchorage and rent a car or drive the whole damn way, dealing with border patrol twice each way. I'm leaning towards the former, but we shall see.

Gold star 1000 songs on Vocals in RB3: This is a new goal I added for myself some months back, because why not? It's much more of a level-grind goal than a talent-based goal at this point, honestly, but it keeps me occupied. I should really create a token "Accomplishments" thread at some point.... (Edit to add: I think I'm something like 630 songs in at this point. Progress!)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas

Last edited by youhas on Fri May 25, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:

Road trip to the Arctic Ocean: Had to push off my grand drive to the Arctic Ocean for yet another summer - sigh. I'm pretty much in "Anchorage 2013 or Bust!" mode at this point. Still not decided whether I should fly to Anchorage and rent a car or drive the whole damn way, dealing with border patrol twice each way. I'm leaning towards the former, but we shall see.

Also, taking a car, you could cross off some extra counties on your way up there! 2 goals with 1 drive.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
youhas wrote:

Also, taking a car, you could cross off some extra counties on your way up there! 2 goals with 1 drive.

Oh, if only! Driving the whole way runs into the issues that (a) I plow through a scrillion miles of Canada which does no county-accrual help at all and (b) I've already knocked out all the counties in the I-5 corridor through CA / OR / WA on the way there. If I drove the whole way, I could make detours to knock some things out in northern WA and southern AK... and if I flew, I'd have extra time to knock out AK-based things. It's almost a push, much to my chagrin.

sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
Gold star 1000 songs on Vocals in RB3: This is a new goal I added for myself some months back, because why not? It's much more of a level-grind goal than a talent-based goal at this point, honestly, but it keeps me occupied. I should really create a token "Accomplishments" thread at some point.... (Edit to add: I think I'm something like 630 songs in at this point. Progress!)

How many songs do you have. Shouldnt be a tough thing to do just time consuming. My goal is 5000 GS from all instruments, and currently i'm at somewhere around 2400. I only have about 1500 songs so it takes a long time to go through (espically when one sucks at drums)

Can I add playthrough Harvest Moon and Earthbound on the SNES. I don't have either game and they are boat loads expensive (and thats even if you can find Harvest Moon, I can't). Somebody want to donate
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:
Go To Harvard
Live in NYC
Become President

Yep...about all I care about...

Man, I was a loser...

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerM3tal wrote:
I'll probably type this up here, and then write it down somewhere, but I don't know where to put it. Do you guys nail it to your wall or put it on the fridge, or what?

My bucket list, along with my yearly goals, I type up and post on my wall right next to my bed. Not necessarily because I wouldn't be able to remember them, but as a daily reminder to try and do something to work towards one or more goals. Even if it's as simple "look on the internet for research," it's still a step towards completing something.

sukergod wrote:
Can I add playthrough Harvest Moon and Earthbound on the SNES. I don't have either game and they are boat loads expensive (and thats even if you can find Harvest Moon, I can't).

Is $50 too expensive?

youhas  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
youhas wrote:

How many songs do you have. Shouldnt be a tough thing to do just time consuming. My goal is 5000 GS from all instruments, and currently i'm at somewhere around 2400. I only have about 1500 songs so it takes a long time to go through (espically when one sucks at drums)

I'm a card-carrying DLC whore - all Harmonix-released DLC, plus random RBN tracks - and you're absolutely right: it's a goal that's one part talent and six parts perseverance. I mean, even if you're in lights-out "I'm crushing every song the first time I hear it!" mode, it's hard to knock out more than umpteen in a given hour. So it's glorified level-grinding! (You can make the case that trying to visit every county in the U.S. is also not tough but merely time-consuming level-grinding. Apparently I have my niche and I just run with it.)

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump! Just curious to see if anyone has managed to tick off anything else from their respective lists.

FL4RE wrote:
This is basically my list I made sometime last year and have added to as time went by...Oldest goals are at the top.

Get a girlfriend (done) We split up in the end haha
Own a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR - nope
Get down to 12 stone (I'm at 13 and am 6 foot with a decent amount of muscle on me so 12 seems reasonable enough. I was 12 stone this time last year so I know it's easily doable) Managed this, then I got back to 15, then down to 13 and am now back at 14. Uni sucks yo
Learn something difficult on an instrument (I'm aiming for "turn around" by Bumblefoot atm)Seventeen by Winger? Good enough I guess
Actually finish college with good enough qualifications for university (I hope this one happens) That didn't happen, but I'm at uni nonetheless so done I guess?

And my ultimate goal which i've had for YEARS:

See the Aurora Borealis properly. still nope

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want in life is to stop missing the bowl when I take a piss.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
All I want in life is to stop missing the bowl when I take a piss.

Isn't this every man's goal?
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinnywhitecomic wrote:

1. Run a marathon (completed 10/09/10)
2. Bowl a perfect game
3. Hit a hole in one
4. Go skydiving (completed 6/20/09)
5. Go hang gliding (completed 7/2/11))
6. Go BASE jumping
7. Go bungee jumping
8. Experience ZERO-G
9. Learn guitar and perform in a band
10. Star in a major motion picture
11. Be a contestant on Jeopardy!
12. See my favorite NY teams in their respective championship games in person (Yanks in WS, Knicks in NBAC, Rangers in SCF, Giants in SB) (25% complete, Giants in SB)
13. See Wrestlemania in person (completed 4/4/11)
14. Visit the highest points of all 50 states (54% complete)
15. Break a world record (99% complete, pending verification)

That was my last update. Things that changed are:

12. This is now at 50%. Saw the Giants in the Super Bowl, and saw the Rangers in the Stanley Cup Finals!
14. Now at 70%.
15. This has been official since September of 2012.

For 11, I did the online test a few months ago and scored the highest I've ever done. So, that may happen soon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: