ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Guide to What Is and Isnt viewed as cheating.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
And when you say "the inputs can never be more accurate than a 60th of a second" how perceptible is that? Sometimes I hit identical front ends when I'm grinding on a song and one will miss and one will hit. Is that just due to the ~17ms?

I think it depends a lot on how used to it you are. I play lots of PC games and when I switch to the console I find it very noticeable how much less responsive everything feels, not just GH either. Switch me to a wireless controller and I'm fucked.

Take a song like Sweet Emotion on GH:A. The long trill at the start is incredibly easy to hit consistently on GH:A PC because you can just spam the buttons as quickly as you can. The GH3 engine is a load of wank like that.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks as though HMX has gone a step beyond pause rewinding and made notes outright vanish without combo breaking when you pause. This is intentional, BTW.

So I guess pausing really is cheating now, at least in RB4.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, you sacrifice points by doing so. If cheating for high scores, it's probably ill advised

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... at least it doesn't grant you points... but still, that seems like a massive oversight. Or well at least on here, I doubt any casual player would care. Though still... *face desk* I wish I had RB4 to test exactly how it works. Seems they are pausing /after/ the note has passed, so I don't think it would affect say... people pausing to look up the path or something.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question, that I believe I already know the answer to.

Since RB3 allows you to play Guitar and Bass on the keyboard, can I input those scores, if I play them on the keyboard? I don't think there are a difference in the charts, and if anything makes it a bit harder. Yet I don't believe this question has been asked, and would just like some clarification.
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Quick question, that I believe I already know the answer to.

Since RB3 allows you to play Guitar and Bass on the keyboard, can I input those scores, if I play them on the keyboard? I don't think there are a difference in the charts, and if anything makes it a bit harder. Yet I don't believe this question has been asked, and would just like some clarification.

yep you can. I've never tried it before (I've only tried regular keys and pro keys on the keyboard) but there shouldn't be a difference, just less whammy I guess :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: