Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bone/Riddo: Quick update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, I'm just going to FC BatH and Misirolu within 24 hours" Insane work man.

Edit: Didn't see it was an overstrum, I'm so sorry.
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
"Oh, I'm just going to FC BatH and Misirolu within 24 hours" Insane work man.

Edit: Didn't see it was an overstrum, I'm so sorry.

I'm working on the overstrum :P I've FC'd it before but with awful SP, so I'm trying to redo it.

EDIT: I redid it

GH1 FC's: 42/47 | GH2 FC's: 73/74 | 80's FC's: 29/30 | GH3 FC's: 68/70

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now just Free Bird or the (somehow even worse) Fall of Pangea for 60/64! How close are you to H18? Also, damn, that's a great score on Jordan! So I guess how close to everything left now minus FuckNTSCdor lol.

Also just looked at your OP. I love how your videos jump from Prisoner of Society -2 run to a Red Snake FC lol.

Edit: Just to give you a blast from the past and realizing you're on PAL. FGFC when? :p

BoneDeath wrote:
I was practicing Jordan Solo C tonight, and was doing pretty well, comboing all the parts, and getting a 80% on FS. My fretting hand was getting tired, so I decided to give my strumming arm a workout and practice the Trogdor solo. I played around with the speeds, and I couldn't combo the strumming. I hadn't tried FS once, do I went to that. First run I got a minus 2. Second, a minus 4. The third try I missed 4 notes before the strumming and got a minus 5. So yeah, I'll be playing this song a lot now, and I might get the FC before psx ^_^

EDIT: I just got a -4 run on hard (the full song), and I combo'd up to the end of the blue streak. So yeah, might get an FC soon :O
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Now just Free Bird or the (somehow even worse) Fall of Pangea for 60/64! How close are you to H18? Also, damn, that's a great score on Jordan! So I guess how close to everything left now minus FuckNTSCdor lol.

Also just looked at your OP. I love how your videos jump from Prisoner of Society -2 run to a Red Snake FC lol.

Edit: Just to give you a blast from the past and realizing you're on PAL. FGFC when? :p

I did well to leave the (almost) 10 minute long songs as some of the last to FC! Hangar 18 is getting closer, my best run right now is -3 with misses in solo 5 and 9. Solo 5 should be fairly simple but I mess it up way too much. Hopefully I'll have that done in a week maybe? I'm fairly consistent on solo 9 now, I just have to get a run up to that point...

Jordan is... a struggle. I can't for the life of me keep my combo switching from the ascending triplets back to the trills in solo B. I've done it on slow a few times but not full speed. It might take a while to beat that 460k score I have now.

To be fair, there is a one month gap between the two videos :P I think it speaks a bit about how dumb the tap notes are in GH:WT as well.

Man, I'm so awful at Trogdor now. I did it in practice for ~15 tries a couple of days ago and my best was a -5. FGFC might be possible soon-ish, I think I'm hitting my skill cap for now with the amount of time I can/want to play though.

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say my best on H18 (I'm just recalling from memory as it's been like 2 years since I've played it) was a -7, with misses in Solo 5, and either 7 or 9. The part that sucks the most for myself with H18 is my worst solo by far is 4B, then probably solo 9, then 7/5. The issue with solo 5 isn't even that it's that difficult it just feels like completely luck based if I hit it or not. If 4B wasn't such a weird mental block for me, I think I would have grinded for it a lot more. I can't imagine how long it'll take to get used to the GH2 engine after... not really touching it for over a year.

Same issues as me with Jordan (though I suck a lot more at Solo B it seems lol) I don't think I've ever hit B2 fully on Slow even.

Heh, yeah if tap notes didn't exist I know I'd have at least 2 more FGFC's (WT/GH5) Though they are super dumb in WT.

I bet you'll get back into the groove of Troggy soon. Then you just have to FC super long songs and Jordan! But I believe you'll be able to get 62(3)/64 somewhat soonish. I'll pass on my tip for Freebird in case someone else has this seemingly magical power. Just play it once per session, either as a warm-up or something to take the pain away from listening to a (decent) cover of H18. For Fall of Pangea if you're not already, try tapping the trilly part (I can't for the life of me recall the section name, but 1D and 2B are coming into my head I dunno) which is what finally worked for me.
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a couple of weeks since I updated, took a small break from GH2 because I felt I wasn't making progress on the remaining FC's and it was getting frustrating. I think the break paid off though!

ABOUT. FUCKING. TIME. I am so relieved to have this song done, none of it is exceptionally hard but oh boy did I find something dumb to mess up every time. Good enough for 16th place too, I thought my SP usage was absolutely awful on this song but I guess everyone has that problem.

70/74 FC's now! Extremely happy to get that done, it was the first long term goal I set when I started replaying this game, and I don't tend to actually hit the long term goals I set all that often haha.

Now that super long song #2 is done, all that's remaining for the FGFC now are Free Bird (super long song #1), Hangar 18 (more like Hangar 4B), Jordan (Bucketshred amirite) and Trogdor (T-RNG-dor?). 72 is very achievable right now but could take months at this rate.

In other news! I've finally managed to obtain working copies of GH1 and GH80's for the first time ever, so expect some movement there. I guess the new long term goal is 200 FC's out of the original 211, but I feel GH1 is going to provide the most resistance there, adjusting to no hyperspeed will take a fair while. I currently have 149/211 FC's, and also have a -1 already on Play With Me during the last chorus solo my main focus will probably stay on GH2 for quite a while though, I can feel I'm getting super close.

More to come soon!

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knew you would get it! Absolutely, an atrocious song in my opinion. Now we're tied in GH2 FC's, though I tried playing H18 yesterday... and that's not happening for awhile haha.

Can't wait to see what you do in 80's and GH1. Gonna make a wild guess and say 39 or 40 and 27 or 28
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Knew you would get it! Absolutely, an atrocious song in my opinion. Now we're tied in GH2 FC's, though I tried playing H18 yesterday... and that's not happening for awhile haha.

Can't wait to see what you do in 80's and GH1. Gonna make a wild guess and say 39 or 40 and 27 or 28

Thanks dude! Feel you on Hangar 18, if I get a run up past solo 4B I just completely forget how to do solo 5. I probably have 15 or so FC's past solo 4B but maybe 2 or 3 of them made it past solo 5. At least I haven't ruined it in solo 9 yet. Race you to the FC? :P

I'm also considering leaving Free Bird for the final FC if I ever get to it, just for the memes lol. It also seems kind of fitting in a way, it's the "true" final song of the game and I remember it being much more of a hassle than Jordan to pass for the first time.

I might aim for 29/30 for 80's, Ballroom Blitz I can't see happening but I've managed a -1 in practice on the Because, it's Midnite solo already, which I'm super happy about. Those descending quads before the last trill are troubling me the most right now. GH1, I'm not so sure about. Thunder Kiss '65 is apparently not one of the easier songs on that game and I've got that done, so that makes me a bit more confident but it's very weird to be getting less than 95% notes hit on a song these days when I'm properly trying (looking at you, Decontrol...)

BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo 9 choke. -1. EDIT: 2 solo 9 misses today now.

It's the highest non-FC score, though... Not the first time I've managed to do that.

In less depressing news, I've been making some decent progress on Trogdor recently:

Not a high score, but the note streak is the best I've gotten so far, managed to hold combo to the orange streak which I haven't done for years. Took it into practice again this morning and have gotten a -2 with a fairly tired arm, so this is starting to look like a realistic goal again!

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneDeath wrote:
PinkiePie91 wrote:

Thanks dude! Feel you on Hangar 18, if I get a run up past solo 4B I just completely forget how to do solo 5. I probably have 15 or so FC's past solo 4B but maybe 2 or 3 of them made it past solo 5. At least I haven't ruined it in solo 9 yet. Race you to the FC? :P

I'm also considering leaving Free Bird for the final FC if I ever get to it, just for the memes lol. It also seems kind of fitting in a way, it's the "true" final song of the game and I remember it being much more of a hassle than Jordan to pass for the first time.

I might aim for 29/30 for 80's, Ballroom Blitz I can't see happening but I've managed a -1 in practice on the Because, it's Midnite solo already, which I'm super happy about. Those descending quads before the last trill are troubling me the most right now. GH1, I'm not so sure about. Thunder Kiss '65 is apparently not one of the easier songs on that game and I've got that done, so that makes me a bit more confident but it's very weird to be getting less than 95% notes hit on a song these days when I'm properly trying (looking at you, Decontrol...)

Heh, I would agree to a race for H18 FC, but... after playing it a bit the past few days, I'm learning I lost a lot of... methods for the solos, I don't think I even hit Solo 7 or 9 since I've started playing it again, which... well that's a bit of a problem. Though 4B is getting slightly easier for me, don't know how or why.

Yeah, TK65 isn't that easy of a song on that engine think it's in the early-mid 30's in the breakdown. I also want to see your squeezing abilities on GH1, which just looking at your TK65 score... think I may need to get going on getting some points so I don't get kicked back into 10th haha. I'd say if you can get something like Symphony/Cheat on the Church you should be able to get 40, and probably more with practice, and I really hope you don't have the luck I had with Decontrol... I lost count of how many times I missed in the quads.

Because it's Midnight... those quads (and the end of Solo B) are the bane of my existence. Though I never really went for the FC when I had a working copy of the game.

Solo 9 Chokes :x Well, that proves you can get it. Hopefully, you get it soon, and keep messing around with troggy, just takes one lucky run . Best of luck my friend!
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support Pinkie, I think you have some time with GH1 though because it's quite the challenge adapting to such a different engine

Small update this time, Play With Me is, well, playing with me, and BiM is still inconsistent so I went and got another fairly decent FC instead:

Good for 7th place, although the path is fairly easy and it's a massive tie lol. Didn't have nearly as much trouble with the strumming as I thought I would.

In other news, getting slowly better at GH1 style play, comboing parts of the GR2R solo consistently and a Frankenstein FC doesn't seem too far out of my reach. Haven't touched GH2 for a while, might go back to it soon.

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Seventeen is quite a nice FC. The strumming feels a little odd, but thankfully it's quite short.

PWM... the amount of bullshit with that song was heartbreaking. Once again I hope you're much more consistent at Solo A than I ever was. I'm still dreading to go back to GH:SH and fix my outro choke. Much luck with at least 28/30 my friend!

Edit: Something that is helpful with GH1, is listening to videos of FC's so you can hear the strumming. Only way I ever learned how to hit the FiU solos/GR2R solo/Decontrol strumming/etc. If you get Franky, 40/47 should be very possible. Especially getting it so early. I think I went Texas Flood -> Symphony -> Franky -> CfH -> Decontrol it seems. So maybe my series of FC's is a bit... unorthodox.
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Nice! Seventeen is quite a nice FC. The strumming feels a little odd, but thankfully it's quite short.

PWM... the amount of bullshit with that song was heartbreaking. Once again I hope you're much more consistent at Solo A than I ever was. I'm still dreading to go back to GH:SH and fix my outro choke. Much luck with at least 28/30 my friend!

Edit: Something that is helpful with GH1, is listening to videos of FC's so you can hear the strumming. Only way I ever learned how to hit the FiU solos/GR2R solo/Decontrol strumming/etc. If you get Franky, 40/47 should be very possible. Especially getting it so early. I think I went Texas Flood -> Symphony -> Franky -> CfH -> Decontrol it seems. So maybe my series of FC's is a bit... unorthodox.

Cheers for the tip! I wouldn't have thought of that, I can see it being super-helpful. I don't know how you managed to get Texas Flood before all of those, well maybe except Decontrol, I just can't wrap my head around it right now. Although I've barely played it at this point.

So I think it's time to really have a crack at the rest of the 211 I haven't really touched yet. 200 FC's out of the 211 is a very realistic goal I feel, so I went and had a big couple of days on 80's to kick it off. Here's some of the more impressive stuff:

This was FC #17, did fairly decent on the SP apart from missing the first squeeze, really fun song.

Holy fuck am I happy with this. FC #24, took the best part of 90 minutes because Solo A is dumb, but a 6th placed score to make up for that!

This was FC #25, man this was an annoying song to work out how to play consistently. SP was decent but I left a lot out there, surprised it was 22nd.

I Wanna Rock trolled the shit out of me for a solid week. Kept missing something at the end, no way should it have got down to be FC #26 but still happy to get it done.

Go fuck yourself, Solo D. Thank god I finally got this, I had 2 more 100% overstrums today as well to add to the 2390485230672304823 I had before >_>

So that's 28/30 for GH80's! Not bad at all. Could be 29/30 soon too:

A very decent score, I had a 160k-ish score before today and in two consecutive runs I had improvements of 10k+. The transition between the quads and the last trill is what's getting me at the moment, I have a video of a 185k run which held combo til that part now too. Might upload that if I don't get an FC video soon. Stay tuned...

BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT 2:

All up, 10 runs with a single combo break happened, 9 of them today. And I briefly had the highest non-FC score again lol. Not sure where to go from here, probably either go back to GH2 or try for Ballroom Blitz. Very happy right now though! Video uploaded quicker than expected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b9wbiZGXQ4

EDIT 1: First -1 of the night. Brushed the yellow button shifting up for the last trill >:(

7 runs with only one miss in Solo D now (3 in the quads, 4 in the trill) and a miss in Solo B once. Going to be so disappointed if I don't get this in the next hour or so. Will update properly after I'm done for the night.

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my friend, best of luck on getting 200/211! Also, 200k on the first FC run! What's your best run on the Ballroom Blitz solo... that I may have forgotten what it's called... 2A?

Also best of luck if you decide to go back to GH2 and hopefully one of us can finally take H18 down... Think we're both sitting at multiple one miss runs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: