ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tilt Sensor Modification For World Tour Guitar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
olliesmit  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Tilt Sensor Modification For World Tour Guitar Reply with quote

This is How to Disable the Schecter Tilt Sensor

Step 1: Disassemble the guitar Note: You only need to take off the back.
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81650
You should end up with:

Step 2: Solder a Wire onto pin 7 of the Tilt Sensor IC

And Glue It:

Step 3: Solder a wire to the negative point on the battery Note: I did 3 for something else

Step 4: Connect the two wires to a switch or bring wires outside

In my case:

Wire 1. was Pin 7
Wire 2. was Batt +
Wire 3. was Pin 7 To Batt -
Wire 4. Was Batt -

In your case. you only need to install wire 1. and wire 3.
Note: I use Wire 2&4 to connect an external power source to the controller, so it doesn't drain my battery's.

Step 5: If you made a swith, install it, if you prought wires outside, connect Wire 1&3 to disable. Now Screw
HUMPTYFRIGGINTILTSENSORDUMPTY Back together Again

Your Done! Her's A Video Of Mine, Link:

Notes: I used an external connector so I could connect an external power source and disable the tilt sensor when it it's plugged in

Last edited by olliesmit on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disable it? I would love it if I could make it more sensitive, since it refused (I say refused because I haven't played with it in a while since it's at a friend's house waiting to have its strum switches replaced) to activate most of the time. Then again, it might also be partly the fault of GH:WT's engine, which from what I heard, doesn't let you activate on the note or something like that.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Medimal  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the opposite problem to Qarx

I would love to make it less sensitive but not disable it mine kicks in if I even breath on the guitar the wrong way.

But using the back button, which in my guitar is really stiff, is not really an option for me. They did place it nicely under the heel of your hand but if I try and push it I break my streak every time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medimal wrote:
I have the opposite problem to Qarx

I would love to make it less sensitive but not disable it mine kicks in if I even breath on the guitar the wrong way.

But using the back button, which in my guitar is really stiff, is not really an option for me. They did place it nicely under the heel of your hand but if I try and push it I break my streak every time.

Have you tried removing the spring in the Back button? Someone around here suggested trying that.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Medimal  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup I removed both if the little springs a while back and even though it does loosen it up somewhat I still find it stiff enough that it breaks my streak trying to push it.

I estimate it takes about 3 or 4 times more pressure to push back than it does to push a fret button.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks For Your Posts!

I dont know how to change the tilt sensor sensitivity, i think its fixed because accourding to the datasheet Here.
The Titlt sensor only has a 1.5g sensitivity, unlike the LP witch has 1.5/6g controlled by a jumper. the sleep pin on the tilt chip is the one you connect to ground.

I based this mod off the advanced LP tilt sensor guide.

BTW. I were wandering if anyone could tell me how to power this guitar from the 360's USB.
I should need to use a 5v-3v so i don't need 2xAA batteries. Note: I Will not use rechargeable batteries
olliesmit  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Powered the guitar off the mains using a Multivolt adapter set to 3V.

Note: a multivolt adapter regulates voltage and makes sure only 3v is outputted. also. make sure the MA rating is lower on the device than the multivolt adapter. the ghwt guitar takes 35MA

also. any old unregulated transformer, e.g. a Phone Charger, will give out too higher voltage. frying the guitar unless all values , V and MA, match
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out something really interesting while modding my Schecter. On the Wii version of the controller, the Wiimote itself is the tilt sensor. I found this out when I was trying to fix my whammy bar (more or less successful) and I let the Wiimote just dangle out of the controller, and I tried to activate by tilting. It didn't work at all, and after I put my Wiimote back into the controller, the tilt function worked again.

I also have an idea as to why my controller wouldn't activate SP sometimes. I think the engine of the game itself keeps me from activating SP while playing notes. I figured this because I could do so easily on RB2, but I have had problems doing so in GHWT, M, and SH. I have yet to really try activating with the SP button (or the Minus button on my Les Paul), so I think it may only be that it refuses to activate via tilting in certain situations. I could be very, very wrong, though.

People probably already know that the Wii version has the Wiimote as the tilt sensor, but it kind of came as a little bit of a surprise to me.

My Backloggery
Tiduspeco  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously. Who uses the tilt sensor anyway? The starpower button is so much easier and more accurate.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiduspeco wrote:
Seriously. Who uses the tilt sensor anyway? The starpower button is so much easier and more accurate.

normal people do ?

on another note. while playing GH3-GHA, the PS3 WTar tilte sensor is perfect, no lag, no random activation. but on GHWT-GHM-GH5, its another story, same guitar but lag (not that much but still present), no random activation tho. its like if the system is not the same as before. it suck while you're trying activate late you almost miss the note everytime that next time you play the song you just activate before the next note and miss SP to squeeze the end note. not that i matter that much because im not a squeezer, but i would like to have some high score if it worked right.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. These accelerometers are pretty touchy and I play with the guitar at an angle and so any guitar with this type of tilt sensor goes off automatically for me. I've done this kind of mod to one of my Les Pauls and added a standard tilt sensor to it. This is the answer to Medimal's situation where you'd like to make it less sensitive but not disable it completely.
But unfortunately for most people, this exacting soldering job is too tough. Thanks for the tutorial though, I've added it to the Guitar Modding 101 thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

my tilt sensor is way too sensitive. i have to hold the guitar absolutely horizontally or even towards the ground. if not, the starpower is activated immediately.

im wonderin now, if i could make the sensor less sensitive, if i twist the board with the sensor in the inside of the guitar, just like it's done for the les paul in this thread: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=842721.
will this work with this type of sensor? has anyone tried it before?
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will help, but only a little bit.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you upload the photos again?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: