Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
mninp goes for FCs from GH1 to GH WoR *Sunshine of Your Love EX FC!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an update on GH3 Expert. I got some new FCs.

Hit Me With Your Best Shot FC!

Mississippi Queen FC!

Lay Down FC!

Anarchy in the UK FC!

My Name is Jonas FC!

Even Flow FC!

Wow guys, some of these FCs are really cool, like HHMWYBS and MNIJ, but I never woud have thought in a million years I'd FC Even Flow on Expert. I was trying to upload the pic on here, but I'm not sure how to do that. I can't even FC this song on Hard, and I remember trying a million times when I was younger. This is insane. Also, I got a -2 on Cherub Rock, I choked before the outro and I mised ONE orange note in the outro section. Also, I ALMOST got an FC of Black magic Woman, but I messed up the sweep before the second set or orange notes. Yes, I FC'd the entire orange section. I got a -2 on Kool Thing (the first time the chorus came I wasn't prepared for the speed/rhythm), a -2 on La Grange, a -2 on Paranoid, a -3 on SOSAD and a -3 on The Metal, which is just crazy. Seriously, I know I'm getting better. Somehow I fail to FC Slow Ride again...

Want to hear something funny? I failed to 5 Star Raining Blood by 8 FUCKING POINTS. No, seriously. 8 POINTS! I got 227K, but I was short by 8 points. What the hell...well, I know I can do it next time, I just have to use SP during the 3-button chord part and I'm good to go. I used it during the mosh because I was scared of failing, but it turns out I was hitting the majority of it.

Another thing...I can't beat Lou. I just can't. I have tried him about 10 times now and I can't do it. He always gets the first attack and he fucks me up for the next part, which means I can't get my attack. After that it's just a disaster. I don't know what to do.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright seriously, I've tried Lou like 30 times by now, I still can't do it. It's pissing me off because it's preventing me from continuing. I said I would beat every song in the main game before continuing. I'm not having a boss battle take me down. It's just impossible. Even if I get the first power up, it's not enough to get me to kill him. Then the chances of me getting to the point where I can accumulate more power ups is very low because Lou always seems to get Lefty Flip or Double Notes, which makes me fail almost instantly. It's bullshit. I can literally FC the song until he gets his first power up but I can't do anything once he blasts me. This is retarded hard. I have yet to get Whammy on the first power up, if I did get Whammy I would get use it when his streak of greens comes up.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I beat Lou after like 50 tries (I'm not exaggerating) and I went and did all the Bonus Songs and the Co-Op songs. I got a bunch of new Expert FCs.

Closer FC!

Generation Rock FC!

Metal Heavy Lady FC!

Radio Song FC!

Ruby FC!

She Bangs the Drums FC!

Sabotage FC!

Reptilia FC!

Ok, while most of these are really easy FCs, I am especially happy about getting Ruby, She Bangs the Drums and Reptilia. I couldn't even get Reptilia on Hard. I'm finding that on most songs I miss 3 notes or less, either by choking or legitimately not being able to hit something.

I failed TTFAF on the intro and I'm not going to try again for a while.

I 4 Starred Nothing For Me Here and The Way It Ends. I know for a fact I can get both without too much trouble. The problem with NFMH is consistency...I can hit most of it except for the solos, but I am not consistent at all at that main riff. For TWIE, I am like 80% consistently good at the whole song, but when the verses come around for the second time, my wrist is so dead by that point that I can't do the rhythm properly at all. I was close on both songs, I had like X2.5 multiplier, so I'm almost there.

Right now I'm going to go back to Hard and see how many more FCs I can get. With how good I've been getting recently, I think I'll be getting a lot more.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 4 more Hard FCs.

Slow Ride FC!

Talk Dirty To Me FC!

Kool Thing FC!

The Metal FC!

I'm kind of mad though, because I choked on a bunch of songs. I literally choked 95% through Miss Murder near the end of the fast section. I choked 99% on Even Flow, literally the last couple notes. I choked on SOSAD because of those stupid strum notes they throw in with Ho/Po's. La Grange...same thing. I can hit this stuff, but the strum notes in the middle of solos where it makes no sense is so annoying.

Anyway, REALLY happy with The Metal FC.
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're improving hella fast. The Metal/Kool Thing/She Bangs the Drums are all fairly technical songs to be FCing at that stage. Keep it up!

I'm excited to see how you go on GHA Hard. That might be a good one for you to seriously try and grind through FCs, and I wouldn't be surprised if you could get to 35/41 or even higher.
mninp  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurial wrote:
You're improving hella fast. The Metal/Kool Thing/She Bangs the Drums are all fairly technical songs to be FCing at that stage. Keep it up!

I'm excited to see how you go on GHA Hard. That might be a good one for you to seriously try and grind through FCs, and I wouldn't be surprised if you could get to 35/41 or even higher.

You do know that Kool Thing and The Metal FCs were on Hard right? I feel like Expert is a completely different ball game with those songs. Though I know I can get Kool Thing...I got -2 when I played it on Expert. I can get it, but those chorus riffs...to not make a single mistake on those alt strumming sections...I don't know.

I actually did go through GHA on Hard already. I got sick of GH3 a lot faster than the others for some reason (I had little desire to grind for more GH3 FCs last night) so I wanted to go onto GHA. I'll post my progress later tonight, but I think I got around...20 FCs in one try, maybe a couple more I can't remember. Some of those solos are NASTY on hard and the timing window isn't as forgiving as GH3. I missed a sweep in Nobody's Fault because I wasn't precise enough...I would have FC'd it in GH3.

Also...don't get me started on Aerosmith's fret board...oh lord. Literally the worst part of the game easily. I like Aerosmith...I'm not their biggest fan, but their music is pretty good. The guest act songs are pretty good, I actually like this game. But that damn fretboard honestly kind of ruins it. I FC'd every guest act in the game up to Lenny Kravitz but in every single tier I messed up on at least one Aerosmith song because sometimes I can't see some of the notes when I activate SP. The songs become a fight to see the notes instead of a fight to actually play them. Anything faster than 8th note is sometimes hard for me to see and my reaction time gets delayed because of it. Is there any way to change the fretboard when playing Aerosmith songs?

I think Band Hero is gonna be the game where I actually get a FGFC on Hard without too much trouble. I've actually never played Band Hero, but from I've heard the hardest song would be like 5th tier in GH2. But I'm actually going to be playing the DS games as well (On Tour comes right after GHA) and I'm very curious to see how that goes, especially seeing as the DS games have some strumming issues.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, it's been about six months, but I'm ready to get back into this. I needed a break for a while after playing nothing but Guitar Hero. I did GHA on Hard back in the summer, I just never posted it on here. I also did about half of Expert. Well, over the past few days I completed Expert and I 5 Starred everything on my first try, which I was pretty impressed about. I have NEVER 5 Starred Joe Perry Guitar Battle in my entire life, so getting that 5 Star in one go was awesome. Funny thing is, my final multiplier was like 2.804 or something crazy. I BARELY got it. Wow.

So anyway, I'll post my FC's on the front page. I got 20 FCs on Hard (literally half the game in one try), and 5 on Expert. Keep in mind that this was all in one try. I haven't played any song more than once yet.

Next I'll be playing GH On Tour, the first DS game, so that should be interesting. Right now I'm trying to find the guitar "controller" for the DS, but I don't know where I put it, it's not with my DS games. I might have to order another one online from ebay or something. So for now I'll be going back and trying to get some more GHA FCs because I know I can get more.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more Hard FCs right out the gate.

Movin' Out FC!

Sex Type Thing FC!

Ok, so Movin' Out is a REALLY nice FC to have. The song is long and doesn't let up the whole time. While it's not exactly a diffcult FC, it's certainly a good one to have.

Sex Tpe Thing...meh, I'm just happy I got it out of the way. I have it on Expert anyway, so I knew this one was coming.

I also tried a few other songs and I kept messing up.

Uncle Salty- I know I can get this one, I just choked on the solo. I don't know what I was doing honestly.

Sweet Emotion- Major choke in the solo. At least this song is fun to play.

Toys in the Attic- Ok, I KNOW I can get this. The solo honestly kind of surprised me out of nowhere and I messed up. But I FC'd the rest of it and I know I can hit everything else consistently. It's all about just putting it together in one run.

Pandora's Box- Some of the chord changes in this song are very tricky, so I'm gonna need a little bit of luck not choking on this one. I only made it 26% this time.

I didn't want to try any of the other songs right now. Pink is anther easy one I know I can get, but I hate this song so much.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more GHA Hard FCs.

Pink FC!

Uncle Salty FC!

So...I actually have some bad news guys and I am literally shaking right now. I made it 98% through Shakin' My Cage, 85% through Nobody's Fault and fucking 97% through BEYOND BEAUTIFUL without missing a note. What...the fuck. I am so mad right now. BB is one of the hardest Hard FCs in the game. I can't believe I choked right at the end. I honestly don't know how I even made it that far, but I'm just so mad right now. Three great FCs just within my reach...and then they're gone. What the fuck. At least now I know that I can pretty much FGFC this entire thing on Hard, at least at some point. I think out of all the games so far this one is the easiest to FGFC on Hard. I can't believe I choked three times.

Last edited by mninp on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more GHA Hard FCs! Two in a row now.

Mama Kin FC!

Let the Music Do the Talking FC!

Both of these are really nice FCs and definitely make up for the disaster that happened before. I'm really proud of these.

Last edited by mninp on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got three more GHA Hard FCs...and I am done for the night.

Nobody's Fault FC!

Pandora's Box FC!

Sweet Emotion FC!

Wow guys...I am stoked about these three FCs. First of all, Nobody's Fault is just such a fun, epic song to play. It has such an amazingly comforting rhythm to it all that I just "get". Maybe it's because I listen to thrash metal a lot, so I can really feel the groove in this one, but that verse riff just connects with me. This isn't exactly and easy FC, but for some reason I am just good at this song.

Pandora's Box is another one that I have no idea how I got. Just when I thought the hard part was over...another hard part comes along...and another one, and another one, and so on. The last few notes of the song was a fucking hard part. This might be one of the most deceptive songs in the entire game. It seems so easy, but there's a LOT of tricky sections in here. But I got it.

Sweet Emotion was song that I actually thought was harder than it was. I tried it earlier today, I messed up the solo and I was like "nah, I'm not getting this, it gets crazier later on", but honestly it doesn't. The song is about average difficulty the whole way through. To be honest, the hardest part for me personally is the chorus riff, it's the riff right after the verse ends. It's single notes, but it's all strumming and the rhythm is just WEIRD for me. And trust me, it repeats a lot in the song. Thankfully, I didn't choke at all in this song and I got it. What a way to finish the night.
mninp  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 4 More GHA EXPERT FCs.

Make It FC!

No Surprize FC!

Complete Control FC!

All the Young Dudes FC!

Wow, I'm really happy about these. Make It is pretty easy and so is complete control, but No Surprize and All the Young Dudes...I have NO IDEA how I got those. The funny thing is, I got a brand new 49 inch tv today, and it was my first time playing on it. I previously had a 30 inch, so maybe the bigger screen is making it easier for me. I also can't play with headphones anymore because I can't sit that close to this tv, it hurts my eyes too much. Maybe that's helping too? Either way, very happy about these FCs.
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a TV change it can often be as simple as better calibration. Grats! Keep it up.
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more GH3 Hard FCs!

Reptilia FC!

La Grange FC!

Going back to GH3 after doing so much of GHA makes GH3 seem easy. I know that GHA is a much easier game, but...I honestly couldn't tell you what it is, I just feel better. I FC'd Rock You Like a Hurricane on Hard all the way up until the solo, where the strumming section got me, but the intro wasn't even hard for me, it was just a solo that didn't seem too bad. I think it's the timing window that is making everything feel easier.

So...Reptilia was slightly harder than I remembered with the tempo, but I still got it in one try. La Grange was an awesome FC as there's many places to choke in that song.

I tried Paint It Black and the last strumming section right before the end got me...I just can't seem to find the right tempo for it. It's different than the other fast parts. I can't get it.

I also tried Same Old Song and Dance. I messed up early on because my finger didn't go to green when I had to hit a GR chord. Oh well, it happens. Right now I'm kind of just going through a lot of the songs in GH3 because it's been so long.
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more GH3 Hard FCs!

Black Sunshine FC!

Stricken FC!

WOW guys, two really awesome FCs right here. VERY proud of these. Black Sunshine has that tricky sweep at the end, and there's a lot of repeating parts, which makes choking easy, but I got it. Stricken has a bitch of a solo, but I got through it. REALLY happy with both of these FCs. I think my new TV is working out for me.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: