Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
smokyprogg, 2017: 649/702 XGtr FC's
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: smokyprogg, 2017: 649/702 XGtr FC's Reply with quote

https://www.twitch.tv/frothypogs

Twitter postings for stream status here, i guess, probably will just post in this thread tbh: www.twitter.com/frothypogs

---------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4WhjyFHFg4&feature=youtu.be

GAME OVER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz__xXb-FJw

Remaining FC Likelihood List:

1. Trogdor
2. Chemical Warfare
3. Fury of The Storm
4. One (GH3)
5. Black Widow of La Porte
6. One (Metallica)
7. Satch Boogie
8. Through the Fire and Flames (GH3)
9. Ballroom Blitz
10. Through the Fire and Flames (SHits)
11. I'm the One

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently got a job offer starting in November and have the good fortune of being able to kick back until then. In the time being, I'm gonna go for new FC's and stream it why not fuck it

Will stream all days except ones where I don't for about 90 minutes to 2 hours at some point after noon EST. I got other shit to do sometimes, so no real schedule, sorry. I'll try to do one game a day and mix it up a bit. Here's the list of games/FC's I'll be going for:

Guitar Hero (47/47)
FULL GAME FC #3! - 9/21/2017 NEVER FORGET

Bark at the Moon FC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz__xXb-FJw

Guitar Hero 2 (63/64)

- Trogdor (UPDATE 9/18: Turns out my TV can't do PAL lol. Ordering an old Trinitron monitor off Ebay, let's see how it goes)
Hangar 18 FC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4WhjyFHFg4&feature=youtu.be

Guitar Hero 80's (29/30)
- Ballroom Blitz is there, I guess, but fuck that

Guitar Hero 3 (68/70)
- One (UPDATE 9/26: Starting to learn alt-tapping for this! Took a looooot longer to get up to speed since I've never alt-tapped ascending before, but am now automatic on slow and have hit full speed up to the random strum)
- Through the Fire and Flames (UPDATE 9/14: New High score 850k lmao Everything seems possible, haven't hit Bridge 1, Twin Solo, or red snake yet)

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (41/41)
FULL GAME FC #1! - 9/10/2017

Guitar Hero: World Tour (85/86)
- Satch Boogie (UPDATE 9/14: Solo F is real easy, haven't hit Solo D yet)

Guitar Hero: Metallica (48/49)

- One (UPDATE 9/14: Consistently -2 or -3 FSA, yet to FC)

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (47/48)
- Through the Fire and Flames (UPDATE 9/14: Holy shit, Shred to Glory B is ridiculous. Minus that, this would be closer to Fury of the Storm difficulty IMO)

Guitar Hero 5 (85/85)
FULL GAME FC #2! - 9/11/2017

21st Century Schizoid Man FC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mz6snQZQFs

Guitar Hero: Van Halen (46/47)
- I'm the One (no)

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (90/93)

- Black Widow
- Fury of the Storm (9/19 UPDATE: New high score! 843k. three miss run in Furious Solo D, Fury of the Solo G/H)
- Chemical Warfare (9/19 UPDATE: Straight consistent on solo 1. Leading in from the actual song is rough. Solo 2 is a cunt, however. Have practiced it far more than 1 and only hit 2A-2D in one run once still)

Guitar Hero: Live
- Fake fake guitar

Band Hero
- Too Boring

Straight Fresh 2017 FC's

1. No One Like You (8/30)
2. Electric Eye (3rd Place! 8/31)
3. Because, It's Midnite (9/1)
4. Uncle Salty (9/5)
5. No Surprize
6. Movin' Out
7. Sweet Emotion
8. Complete Control
9. Personality Crisis
10. Rag Doll
11. She Sells Sanctuary (9/6)
12. King of Rock
13. Nobody's Fault
14. Talk Talkin'
15. Round & Round
16. Bright Light Fright (9/8)
17. Walk This Way (Run DMC)
18. Hard to Handle
19. Shakin' My Cage
20. Let the Music Do the Talking
21. Walk This Way
22. Mercy
23. Cat Scratch Fever (9/10)
24. Mama Kin
25. Toys in the Attic
26. Train Kept a Rollin'
27. Combination
28. Back In The Saddle
29. Rats In The Cellar
30. Joe Perry Guitar Battle
31. Kings and Queens
32. Beyond Beautiful
33. Pandora's Box
34. Dream On
35. Love In An Elevator
36. Always On The Run
37. Sex Type Thing
38. Livin' on the Edge (Guitar Hero: Aerosmith FGFC!!)
39. 21st Century Schizoid Man (9/11, Guitar Hero 5 FGFC!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mz6snQZQFs)
40. Seventeen (9/14)
41. BARK AT THE MOON (9/21, GH1 FGFC, CURSE BROKEN)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz__xXb-FJw

42. Hangar 18 (9/26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4WhjyFHFg4&feature=youtu.be)

Last edited by smokyprogg on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:24 pm; edited 92 times in total
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody showed up to chat at my first stream and that made me sad cause i wanna chat with y'all

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIVE wooooo please talk to ,me

EDIT: Done, four new Aerosmith FC's woo

Last edited by smokyprogg on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never noticed how close we were in total FCs, we both have an entire game left to do (GH2 for me and A for you) that put us both at around 610ish.

Anyway don't give up with ballroom blitz, for years I thought I would never get it but I bought a new PS2 the other week and pulled off the FC in like 2h worth of grinding over 2 days, and so after few years of not trying. It's just a matter of doing runs until it happens really. Rest of the game is super free as well, especially given your skill. You've already got 645 in the clear once you bother with GHA.
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssionQC wrote:
I never noticed how close we were in total FCs, we both have an entire game left to do (GH2 for me and A for you) that put us both at around 610ish.

Anyway don't give up with ballroom blitz, for years I thought I would never get it but I bought a new PS2 the other week and pulled off the FC in like 2h worth of grinding over 2 days, and so after few years of not trying. It's just a matter of doing runs until it happens really. Rest of the game is super free as well, especially given your skill. You've already got 645 in the clear once you bother with GHA.

You should do GH2! An interesting variety of songs for sure, but the engine is a bit annoying for some songs, admittedly *cough*Misirlou*cough*

I would go for BB if I felt confident in that sort of pattern at all. i can't even hit the intro strumming of TTFAF with the hammerons like all the pros do, and that seems far more straightforward.

ANYWAY,
Stream round 2 for shiggles. Playing 80's, going for Seventeen & Round and Round, primarily

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
You should do GH2! An interesting variety of songs for sure, but the engine is a bit annoying for some songs, admittedly *cough*Misirlou*cough*

I would go for BB if I felt confident in that sort of pattern at all. i can't even hit the intro strumming of TTFAF with the hammerons like all the pros do, and that seems far more straightforward.

ANYWAY,
Stream round 2 for shiggles. Playing 80's, going for Seventeen & Round and Round, primarily

I'll be working on GH2 soon! I just got R&R and I Wanna Rock so GH80s is pretty much done as I only have 7 easy songs left. I'll hit GH2 next since I got a good 25 easy FCs on that game and don't see why I wouldn't be able to get some if not all the harder ones I don't already have.

Also I get you, I can hit the intro to TTFAF with the hopos on GH2 easily (pretty sure you were talking about GH3 though) so I'm not too surprised to be half decent at 1B. It was a different story when I got the game in 2013 though, I had no control over my fingers and only managed to get it few times with a lot of grinding.
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy fuck, I did one warmup run and hit the BatM solo

stream up!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:

stream up!
Break that curse, break that curse! Also... if you could build a time machine to go back 5 years, so I didn't reverse choke, that'd be divine! But, I really hope you get it, my friend. You deserve this FC more than anyone else in my opinion. Best of luck!
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

stream up!
Break that curse, break that curse! Also... if you could build a time machine to go back 5 years, so I didn't reverse choke, that'd be divine! But, I really hope you get it, my friend. You deserve this FC more than anyone else in my opinion. Best of luck!

i got good news for you, friend: I'm quite capable of the solo now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXGqACVReH8&feature=youtu.be

To live is to suffer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
PinkiePie91 wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

stream up!

i got good news for you, friend: I'm quite capable of the solo now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXGqACVReH8&feature=youtu.be

To live is to suffer.
I'm... speechless. Also... if that ever happens on that second run to me... I'll be happy, but it'll just be like me holding off re-fcing Franky for that ~6k increase for as long as possible. I'm... wow. I truly hope when/if I ever get BatM, I get a decent score, as both of those runs were heartbreaking to me. I can't (I've only had a reverse choke and two 100 OS runs) imagine how you felt/feel.

You'll 100% FC it soon. If you hit the solo twice in a row... you should be getting it.

Oh, also it's super late here, and I can't find my headphones, are you using some of the HOPO's in the solo? And if you are, which ones... as I've hit it three times strumming all of it. But, I presume using the HOPO's would make it a bit easier.

Best of luck on getting this monster of an FC. Also, should take a small break and knock out More Than a Feeling/Franky to knock yourself up into 4th place overall. Hopefully, I can catch one of your streams this weekend.
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:

*snip

Thanks, man. I feel confident enough about the solo now that I wasn't even that mad when I missed after, but god damn it will be nice to have out of the way.

With the second choke, that was incredibly frustrating cause I had been practicing the post solo activation all night, and that was the FIRST FUKKIN TIME I overlapped

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Oh, also it's super late here, and I can't find my headphones, are you using some of the HOPO's in the solo? And if you are, which ones... as I've hit it three times strumming all of it. But, I presume using the HOPO's would make it a bit easier.

I strum it all. The strumming is at a pretty reasonable speed, and I found getting the fretting precise is far more important. If I play a bit loose and behind the beat, that seems to help a lot. When I relaxed on the rest of the solo and just concentrated on lightly fretting, it really helped for some reason.

I also do the whole thing (including the preceding slower sixteenth note runs on YBO) in 3rd position, sliding the index for the reds. I also only anchor the yellow in the : near the beginning of the fast part, and the blues near the end. Again, being very precise with the fretting makes it way more manageable. Also get the right strumming speed, obviously :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

live, doing a quick sprint on Aerosmith

https://www.twitch.tv/frothypogs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are beast. Looking your FCs and...just wow

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VertigoMan wrote:
you are beast. Looking your FCs and...just wow

Haha, thanks! It's funny, cause I feel woefully inadequate compared to other players now, which is humbling, yet quite inspirational cause everything (minus I'm the One) seems kinda possible

Anyway, streaming a bit of WoR today. Have a quick hour or so in me to practice some insane solos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally got to see some of your stream. Last run of FotS and that... reverse choke on TKaR - Your fellow Napkin that was intoxicated when he asked his friend what I should name my account on here.

Also, just did the math, currently at 636/660, so when you finish off GH:A (probably tomorrow lol) I'll enjoy the feeling of being ahead of such a legend for at least one more night.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: