ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
[Solved] Anyone with a Glossy (or Halo Reach) slim xbox 360?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: [Solved] Anyone with a Glossy (or Halo Reach) slim xbox 360? Reply with quote

Hi! If you have one of those console models and a Neversoft GH game, could you test/confirm that audio does not drift out of sync while playing a song? Perhaps the best way to test it is on GH5: play "Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)" (no fail on if you want) until the end, without pausing. Towards the end of that song, the music will be ridiculously early compared to the note that you're playing, if the bug is present on your system. The matte slim and xbox 360 E both suffer from the issue.

In fact, if you activate Star Power, the audience will even clap out of sync with the music (But none of this happens early on in songs, or after pausing and unpausing). At this part (11:09), it's at least half a note off (you have to play between the notes that you hear, playing by ear will miss the notes), so that's a good place to conclude for sure whether there is an issue or not. But other songs in other games can be used too.

This is, btw, a follow-up on this thread, just thinking that this new thread title has a bigger chance of reaching someone who can test this. The last post by Bradmasta says that these two models don't have the issue, and I am considering buying one of those models used. It's not that I don't trust Bradmasta. In fact, read too much into what he said. I drew an incorrect conclusion that since the Glossy slim came after the Matte slim, Microsoft must have found the bug and fixed it in a later version. So I concluded that the latest version, the xbox 360 E also wouldn't have this issue. So I just got one today, and it turns out I was wrong. I'll sell that one.

Of course, if all else fails, I can repair my broken phat xbox 360 (disc laser) or get another one. But I would prefer a slim model with Wi-Fi, which is in the same price range.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel

Last edited by Bj0rn on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that the glossy ones as well as the halo reach ones don't have the issue The reach one I did have however had an overheat issue, so I would advise going with the glossy version. I'm actually still using the same glossy 360 i've had for probably...3-4 years now, and have not once had a sync issue. You'll be in good hands with the glossy
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now received a used glossy xbox 360 and it was a bit nerve wrecking to see how it would fare at the DYFLWD test. But you're totally right, Brad! It doesn't have the sync issue! That's awesome, thanks for posting that! In fact, my test run even ended up in an FC
My youtube channel
Storm360  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have sync issues on either my glossy Slim and Halo Reach Slim

Also you're wrong on the glossy slims coming after. Both my Glossy and Halo Xbox were manufactured in 2010, whereas the matte finish Xbox I have is 2011
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: IMC PSN Name: Storm-Iz-SiK
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm360 wrote:
I don't have sync issues on either my glossy Slim and Halo Reach Slim

Also you're wrong on the glossy slims coming after. Both my Glossy and Halo Xbox were manufactured in 2010, whereas the matte finish Xbox I have is 2011

Yes, I got the ordering wrong for some reason. I might have saved myself some money and time if had checked the facts before risking that Xbox 360 E purchase.
My youtube channel
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I have a matte slim. If I had a glossy slim I would totally just give it to you. Legend <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: