ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHTCP Parsing issue for .mid files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixOrange  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: GHTCP Parsing issue for .mid files Reply with quote

Hi all! I'm a newb around here so this may be common knowledge to you all but I can't seem to figure this problem out.

So recentely I've been adding quite a few songs to GH3 (plenty of which were .mid note files) and randomly got this bug.

This first one changes on a song to song basis (the only thing that doesn't change is the line, "Error using new MIDI import method. Reverting to original GHTCP method.") so I'm just putting it to cover all bases. This second one though, stays the same for all .mid note charts.

This bug only seems to be happening on .mid files, the .chart files still work though. I have tried using Chart2Mid2Chart to convert the .mid files but I get this, so I guess that is out of the question.

Unknown Error: Could not read MIDI sequence.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably is due to the midi having PS-specific instructions that GHTCP cannot read. You should try to open the midi in sekaiju and save to "clean" the midi of those instructions.

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does GHTCP really mishandle Sysex messages in this fashion? If you happen to be using EOF to convert the chart files, try enabling the "Save separate Rock Band files" export preference and use the notes_rbn.mid, which will have all Sysex features stripped out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: