Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Life After ScoreHero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheJackpotter  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my last post on this website, in 2010, a lot of stuff has changed in my life:
-I stopped getting bullied
-I finally started having some self-esteem
-I had a Pink Floyd phase
-I had a Tool phase (probably the band I loved the most in my entire life, don't listen to them as much nowadays but they're still great)
-I started high school
-I met some of my greatest friends at the moment
-I got a girlfriend (which didn't last for very long)
-I graduated high school
-I'm now studying Translation in college

As for Guitar Hero, I no longer play it, only at videogame conventions or at house parties and, when compared to 12-year-old me, I suck at it. Long gone are the days when I was able to get 5* on Hot for Teacher and Satch Boogie (World Tour was the only GH game I ever owned, unfortunately). However, I love watching guys like Acai, Randy, Megapeng and UKOG playing it.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whelp, a lot has happened.

1. I have a girlfriend, soon to be fiance, and a baby coming.
2. My Berzerk score on the Atari 2600 got printed in the Guinness Book of World Records, 2017 Gamer's Edition.
3. I'm finally winning local pinball tournaments.
4. I played in my first major fighting game tournament, Winter Brawl in 2018 for Windjammers. Got top 32.
5. I had a couple year run at DJing raves. Played main stage at a festival that played local to here, Fantasyland. I still dig out my gear and mix happy hardcore from time to time. My last show was the festival in 2015.

Things that haven't changed:

1. I still play my Atari 2600.
2. I still drink more than I should. I'm working on that.
3. I still do hardware mods. I just recently built a Wii Classic Controller Pro, arcade joystick to use on various consoles.

All in all, mostly the same, finally settling down, and excited to have a basement arcade for the kiddo when she grows older. I may take my hand at making a custom pinball machine, or retheming the current pin I have (it's in rough shape) to whatever she ends up liking.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a girlfriend, had two but that fell apart; we were friends off and on for a while but I think we're probably not going to be on speaking terms ever again. Been on hormones for about five years now, I'm still really struggling to fight the anxiety I have over doing anything else to transition. Still drinking more than I probably should, ended up in the psych ward once...wish I had more positive things to report but it's been a really bumpy few years. I did fly a plane, drop acid once, picked up a couple new programming languages, I wore a dress out in public a couple times...that was fun at least. I also moderate a trivia channel on IRC and have been attempting to learn a bit about photography. So it's not all bad. Just mostly bad. I hope I can expand on some of those minor victories a bit more.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Southparkhero wrote:
I miss talking to inv4der, chaos, fish, kyle, flammablelion, etc everyday. I pop in there every once in a while but it's been a long time

I mean, the channel still exists, we still talk in there.

yeah I know, but I rarely go on SRL IRC anyways so I don't even have the client open.

don't worry about it, it's dead now

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIRC Chrome client is as easy as it works. but yeah it's pretty much dead but is the easiest way to connect with mod and JCirri if you have trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

life is very comfortable if unremarkable

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao in my last post I said I hoped some better stuff happened soon and my dad got brain cancer and I had appendicitis and thyroid cancer within 3 months of each other. Also I'm living back with my parents again. Made some cool friends up here at least though so that's nice.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now studying an MA in Architecture in Liverpool, in my own place to boot because Liverpool is actually somewhat affordable.

Not much more to it at the moment, there'll be more FL4RE posts in the drunk thread come October though, as it'll be my final year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Lmao in my last post I said I hoped some better stuff happened soon and my dad got brain cancer and I had appendicitis and thyroid cancer within 3 months of each other. Also I'm living back with my parents again. Made some cool friends up here at least though so that's nice.

Sorry to hear. I hope things will get a little better.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Sorry to hear. I hope things will get a little better.

Thanks man
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had leukemia last year and also i transitioned i guess, thats kinda it. all i do is play guilty gear now

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlannelJacket wrote:
i had leukemia last year

Sorry to hear that, hope that your treatment is going well

FlannelJacket wrote:
and also i transitioned i guess

*resets the "days since a rhythm gamer transitioned sign" to 0*

ONE OF US
ArcticPhoenix  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped out of college because of awful anxiety. I ended up hating the degree I was aiming for so I gave up on it (it was commercial arts.) Moved to a different state three years ago, got a cat, and became an aunt. Now I want to try college again but just one course for the time being.

I also got my interest back into Guitar Hero but I still need to get my gaming consoles set up to actually play it. For now Im just looking at fanart of my favorite characters. I love looking back at my old posts from 15 or so years ago on this site and cringing at some of the stuff I posted back then.

Also are there still SH people hanging around on places like Discord and such?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Brosephina2930
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I have had a really rough time over the past few years, but am currently in a PhD for behavioural genetics at an internationally recognized program.

Things feel utterly surreal at the moment, but I am confident that I have some breakthroughs which will have an impact. I guess all I can do for now is wait for the measures to come in...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
Hello! I have had a really rough time over the past few years, but am currently in a PhD for behavioural genetics at an internationally recognized program.

Things feel utterly surreal at the moment, but I am confident that I have some breakthroughs which will have an impact. I guess all I can do for now is wait for the measures to come in...

Glad to hear that you're doing well bro. Keep it up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: