Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Spammers lately
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could certainly do by at least removing the spam report rate limiting for long established accounts. Why make it a chore for regulars to report spam?
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
They could certainly do by at least removing the spam report rate limiting for long established accounts. Why make it a chore for regulars to report spam?
Good call.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
GingerBraFace wrote:
Do any active mods have the power to maybe make a couple of the more active members moderators?

Pretty sure that'd be down to JCirri, but if he wanted to I don't see why he couldn't do it.
We don't, only JC can, and most of the time we're fine with what we have, we actually have a lot of mods, its just that only a couple are active daily.

We've just gotten blitzed lately and it's a busy time of year for my day job so I haven't been able to catch them as fast. I cleared the board tonight though.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the efforts to keep spammers off the site. I've now removed the flood protection limit on sending new reports for members that have been registered for a minimum of 30 days.

I'll also be looking into improving the workflow necessary for dealing with spammers such that maintenance and cleanup efforts won't be quite as time-consuming. Thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SH's owner first post in 2 years. I know you probably work in the background and do things here and there, but being as much as inactive as you are, certainly doesnt help. There's alot of unanswered questions in the "Bug Reports" section that need attention.

I dont want to sound like being rude, I just want a little more presence from you when needed.

btw, do you still need donation are ads are enough to run this site ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
I appreciate the efforts to keep spammers off the site. I've now removed the flood protection limit on sending new reports for members that have been registered for a minimum of 30 days.

Hmm, I just filed a spam report and then another and got the flood protection warning. Obviously my account is older than 30 days

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah sorry - I thought I had tested that functionality, but it appears the change was mistakenly only pushed to the RB side of the site. That should be fixed and working across the board now.

Also I apologize for not being as active in a while - most of my time's been spent working on RB4 DLC at Rhythm Authors the past few years, as well as other software projects which help to cover ScoreHero expenses. I've still been responding to needs behind the scenes as brought to my attention. While my time is more limited than it was, I will try to check in to at least respond to Bug Reports more often.

Donation support is certainly welcome with our server costs at over $200/month. The site no longer serves ads which generate any revenue otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I didn't know you were still working on RB4 DLC. nice !

Why was the ads taken down ? I know there was some issues with pop up ad that took the entire page, but other than that, I think it was fine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a combination of concerns with the ads, between complaints over pop ups and other content coming through on numerous occasions which I didn't approve.

Ultimately the traffic levels got to a point where the slight monetary gains didn't seem worth the trouble involved, for both users and for myself to maintain, so I decided to pull them down.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
SH's owner first post in 2 years. I know you probably work in the background and do things here and there, but being as much as inactive as you are, certainly doesnt help. There's alot of unanswered questions in the "Bug Reports" section that need attention.

I dont want to sound like being rude, I just want a little more presence from you when needed.

Spammers have been getting the smackdown much faster than usual lately thanks to JC's work behind the scenes, I can get to them faster than before now.

Also, if you need something that only JC can help you with, or if there's an urgent bug report that we missed, feel free to PM me. I can get the message to him at any time if need be.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

Spammers have been getting the smackdown much faster than usual lately thanks to JC's work behind the scenes, I can get to them faster than before now.

Also, if you need something that only JC can help you with, or if there's an urgent bug report that we missed, feel free to PM me. I can get the message to him at any time if need be.

thanks singe. I'll pm you next time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like the "report spam" function is not working this morning. I get a dead end and then a "only active user can report spammer" message. weird.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reported a post; seemed to work for me.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed the first time in a session when I attempt to report a spam post, I get an error message, and then a refresh loads the form, and further reports load the form on the first attempt.

As to the "only registered users can report posts" message, I discovered that is due to the spam form using the *site* login as opposed to the *forum* login, and you can be logged into the forum and not the site. Login from the main page and you'll be able to report posts.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the report function usually loads a blank page, I refresh, then it displays correctly and I can report a spam post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: