ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Opinions on pausing during a really hard FC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Opinions on pausing during a really hard FC Reply with quote

Say I want to pause the song once to prep my fingers for a ridiculous solo. Is it considered cheating? Do you support it and/or do it yourself? I've always been curious.
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't do it anymore.

Though, I'll take Speeding as an example. If I paused right before... whatever that section is called it'd make it a fair bit easier, and would probably have the FC by now by using that. But it is a game mechanic, so I have no problems with people using it. In games before WoR/RB3 I kinda see it as more impressive to not screw up on the unpausing. Minus maybe a few outliers like Satch Solo D, possibly FSA in GH3/M. But it's a game mechanic that allows you to pause, as long as nothing is added that isn't a game mechanic... I'm 100% okay with it. Used to do it for one of the FiU Solo's to remember how the strumming was supposed to sound. And I believe used it in my FC run of it.

You can also extend it a bit further into pathing. I pause a decent amount just because I forgot the path. Which... sometimes there is a hard solo that you activate on/just before/etc. So I guess in a sense I still do use a form of it. Just not in the form you're talking about. I say no cheat.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a good read.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72918

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see it as a problem.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, unless you're abusing the system to hit something you normally wouldn't be able to otherwise, I see no issue with pausing. For example, pausing during a break in the song wouldn't change anything. Now, pausing mid solo in a place that would be really hard for you to hit due to transitions to allow yourself to get your hands positioned to then hit said place once you unpause..well yeah, that's proooobably frowned upon and could be considered cheating.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I did use the WoR pause mechanic on at least one song when going for a first FC. There was some transition I knew I was able to hit, but I was stupidly losing FC runs to that part so I decided that I'd pause in there so I would not spend hours and hours retrying because of one dumb part. It's not something I'm proud of because I don't think it was too legitimate of a strategy, but it's still part of the game to be able to pause anywhere, and it's hard to draw the line for which pause is legit or not. What I'm gonna say is, if we're going to ban some pausing, we should definitely ban it all together, and THAT is definitely not an option.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its also very hard to prove unless we only accept 1st score with a video link, which ain't an option for some people.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never like to pause due or I'll lose my focus. I'm sure its different for everybody though
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HlPPY wrote:
I never like to pause due or I'll lose my focus. I'm sure its different for everybody though

strong post count spotted lol

gonna be honest, im gonna have to pause to get Living Dead Beat Medium Guitar FC. my hand hurt like hell right before the solo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: