ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S17 - Guitar Hero: World Tour - Expert Guitar - Congrats elScarecrow!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1jy1Q1AOTI&list=UUAe6geDkUkryBkKeT1D1j0A&feature=share

yayayaya

You're joking. I hit the 200 in the solo! I didn't even know the 2nd act squeeze was possible, and never attempted it! ARGH that is really annoying Oh well, at least getting the first is going to be even easier now. What's the most ticks you've ever had out of the intro? I had x90 once, which I think was pretty much optimal. I also stagger the glitch, although I don't think that makes any difference. And strumming the end of the solo is a good idea to get the squeeze, didn't think of that.

...ARGH WHY :D

EDIT: Just tried to hit that 2nd act squeeze, was nowhere near, no matter what I tried. Hit the solo squeeze twice more though
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been lurking the results for a few weeks now, congrats guys! Exciting finish
NU Grad 2015
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was certainly an epic final! Well deserved win, ESC! You constantly stayed one step ahead of your competition, outclassing us in the base league.

Jleggy, going into the playoffs, I knew you were good. But not that good! That LRM score blew me away. Ignoring Fug, that score is pretty insane. I don't know how you do it. If LRM would've been the final song, you would've probably won the league! And now you lost by only 6 points, so clearly there are multiple songs where you can really challenge ESC, and that's definitely something.

As for SAF, again a very nice score. But dammit, I've now looked at your video (Jleggy) and tried to figure out where the remaining points were. Apparently you got 50+ points more than me on the last activation. I did the other last activation, so there is definitely a pretty big difference. These lost 50 points are what made me give up, because I knew that I could get in the low 300's if I would just get another FC. But I also knew that that wasn't enough. My best score at the break after I started actually taking ticks seriously was 297182. Anyways, sorry about my rant. The score that ESC got would still require all of my best runs put together, and that wouldn't have happened after midnight of the last night (after all, not even an FC happened, and my best score had an orange flamed front end on the 3rd act.). It's just annoying to find out at this point that I used the wrong path. Also since everybody else uploaded a video of their SAF run, I guess I will do that too, flawed or not

If someone has proven that not only Fug can compete with scarecrow, it was you, Jleggy. It's strange, but somehow you ended up getting no 1sts from this league . At least none that lasted. I got 3 in the league, one untied. Just goes to show that everybody doesn't have to be as obsessed about 1sts as I am

Still my biggest applause goes to elScarecrow. You did exactly what I expected from you. I of course hoped that I would come into this league and miraculously be as good at GHWT as I am at GH3/GHA. But you taught me a lot, and it took pretty much the full duration of the league for me to figure out what it takes to beat you on a song that isn't About A Girl or Band On The Run. And maybe, just maybe, I may continue with this game and see if I can make a bit of a dent in the scoreboards. In that case, your rivalry would be interesting. But did I say the word "maybe"?
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1jy1Q1AOTI&list=UUAe6geDkUkryBkKeT1D1j0A&feature=share

yayayaya

You're joking. I hit the 200 in the solo! I didn't even know the 2nd act squeeze was possible, and never attempted it! ARGH that is really annoying Oh well, at least getting the first is going to be even easier now. What's the most ticks you've ever had out of the intro? I had x90 once, which I think was pretty much optimal. I also stagger the glitch, although I don't think that makes any difference. And strumming the end of the solo is a good idea to get the squeeze, didn't think of that.

...ARGH WHY :D

EDIT: Just tried to hit that 2nd act squeeze, was nowhere near, no matter what I tried. Hit the solo squeeze twice more though

Hm. The 2nd squeeze was always the easiest one for me o.O
I think i hit the solo squeeze like 2 or 3 times total. Which note did you activate on? I probably spent an hour in practice testing out different notes to see which was the most comfortable.

x90 was the most I ever had coming out of the intro too. I'd say my average was probably about x65. My high score run was well below average, but I got great ticks on the rest of the song >_>

Staggering the glitch shouldn't make any difference. I hold down all the lower notes just because it's more comfortable for me.

Bj0rn wrote:
That was certainly an epic final! Well deserved win, ESC! You constantly stayed one step ahead of your competition, outclassing us in the base league.

Jleggy, going into the playoffs, I knew you were good. But not that good! That LRM score blew me away. Ignoring Fug, that score is pretty insane. I don't know how you do it. If LRM would've been the final song, you would've probably won the league! And now you lost by only 6 points, so clearly there are multiple songs where you can really challenge ESC, and that's definitely something.

As for SAF, again a very nice score. But dammit, I've now looked at your video (Jleggy) and tried to figure out where the remaining points were. Apparently you got 50+ points more than me on the last activation. I did the other last activation, so there is definitely a pretty big difference. These lost 50 points are what made me give up, because I knew that I could get in the low 300's if I would just get another FC. But I also knew that that wasn't enough. My best score at the break after I started actually taking ticks seriously was 297182. Anyways, sorry about my rant. The score that ESC got would still require all of my best runs put together, and that wouldn't have happened after midnight of the last night (after all, not even an FC happened, and my best score had an orange flamed front end on the 3rd act.). It's just annoying to find out at this point that I used the wrong path. Also since everybody else uploaded a video of their SAF run, I guess I will do that too, flawed or not

If someone has proven that not only Fug can compete with scarecrow, it was you, Jleggy. It's strange, but somehow you ended up getting no 1sts from this league . At least none that lasted. I got 3 in the league, one untied. Just goes to show that everybody doesn't have to be as obsessed about 1sts as I am

Still my biggest applause goes to elScarecrow. You did exactly what I expected from you. I of course hoped that I would come into this league and miraculously be as good at GHWT as I am at GH3/GHA. But you taught me a lot, and it took pretty much the full duration of the league for me to figure out what it takes to beat you on a song that isn't About A Girl or Band On The Run. And maybe, just maybe, I may continue with this game and see if I can make a bit of a dent in the scoreboards. In that case, your rivalry would be interesting. But did I say the word "maybe"?

There are still at least 12 points left on SAF that I know of - x182 is the highest I've ever had at the break too, but my high score run was 12 below that. Theres likely more points on the last activation too, and possibly another 400 on the first activation.

Looks like I'm gonna have my work cut out for me getting back up to 80/86 1sts That's the fun of it though, grinding to beat 3 year old scores is a little dull. About a Girl and Rooftops should be easy enough, both 1st place scores are likely optimal. Band on the Run and LRM are gonna be rough. Should make for a fun semester

Also Bj0rn I can add you to the rivalry as well if you want (and anybody else who wants to join, but beware your competition :p).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Toungore  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no words to thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: