ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Spanish Castle Magic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Spanish Castle Magic Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Sottle  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone help me out here? I can a 100% score with a double strum earlier and it's absolutely miles off being a good score.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go. I hold position #3 on hard as of this posting. I am a nearly 2k down on Ech though...so he either tweaked this basic path to squeeze in a few notes here or there, or has another path entirely. I'd be willing to bet he has the same path...just tweaked and executed better. Also, more efficient whammying usually results in hundreds more points as you pick up a couple notes/chords here and there.

Rabies - Spanish Castle Magic hard strategy

oh.. I forgot to update the image.. I don't execute the star power after #9 exactly as shown. I delayed it about 4-5 measures past that.
angusyoungisgod  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks rabies... i screwed your strat up by pressing the button with my arm (i play lefty) but i still gained 3.3K points, which is good enough for 7 Star and 56th place on the hard leaderboards. TY
Sully  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some tweaks to Rabies' path: Spanish Castle Magic Hard SP

In my run, I missed a squeeze at the end and some hold ticks, but that doesn't account for the 948 points between my score and first. Is there a better path?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Piso  

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Actually, there is. I'll post it when I get home from work later.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

Piso  

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

As promised, here it is.

I'm guessing that it's possible to fit in that last Y note under SP if you whammy early enough.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

Slowhand  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piso, as I explained in expert this is a pretty good path. It doesn't account for the almost 1000 points Sully missed though and I didn't figure out where those points were. Somebody knows but they ain't sayin'.

The 3 pathes I looked at were Sully's tweak of Rabies, your post and my own. All three had 4 sp beginning and 2 sp at the end, all identical. So that's encouraging.

My path was almost identical to Rabies but I used different start notes and with squeezes they came to the same amount of notes in the second activation. The biggest difference was I start the third activation 2 measures earlier which theorhectically would allow a +1 note squeeze. There are actually several different start notes that will get that squeeze. Starting right at sp 10 in the Rabies path plays up to sp 11 and you can't squeeze.

(warning the next part might be biased, but I counted everything 3 times because it's pubic hair close)

The answer = I don't know positively.

Both mine and Rabies play over a BY chord in measure 39 that is charted as about 0.75 notes. This is key to the I don't know.

Also my third activation + note squeeze would also rely on incredible whammy/squeeze skills which I don't possess but I know others (you know talented) do have. The whammy holds add up to 3.5 beats, not 3.75 and we both chart 7 measures. It's a stretch but possible.

So......your 2nd activation is 40 notes and your third is 58 for a total of 98.
Rabies as drawn Sully (and I could be wrong here, both of those guys are good path/chart guys) are 33.5 and 63.5 for 97.

My plus one squeeze then puts my path at 98 as well. D'oh.

Your 3rd activation is real tight and I counted 1 whole note for the BY chord right before sp11 in yours which will obviously be a little less because the sp has to end before the first sp note of 11.

Does this make any sense???

Anyway, in a couple days the "answer" guy will post the path that is 900 points better making my too long point diatribe meaningless.

I guess play both and see which performs better. Peace. Out.
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piso's path is better than mine by 120 points, which was basically just rabies/Sully's path with optimally tweaked second and third activations, so as far as I know, his is the best there is. I'm taking this one back, emptyset.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: