ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Godzilla

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Godzilla Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's my star power usage I just came up with.. refer to http://www.purplefrog.com/~thoth/guitar-hero/godzilla-3.png

This is a bit counter-intuitive, since you intentionally don't whammy a few times, so feel free to come up with a better one.

Get the first three star powers, but don't use the whammy to gain extra * power. Immediately after you get the third one (should be a long red hold and then a blue), activate the star power (before the blue hold ends).

It should wear off right before the next star power section (GRY B). Get that one, and two more (so you have 3/4 again), don't whammy on that last green note, and again use it right away.

It should run out right before the next star power (G--G--G--G--Y section). The next time you get a star power to get 1/2 a bar, use it immediately (should be a yellow note hold).

It will run out right before the next star power (YBO O).

The next time you hit a star power sequence, use it quickly. It'll run out a measure or so before you hit the next one (R BYRG).

Now, wait until the last star power, which should fill you to a full bar, and use away.

I got 164,294 with one note missed with this strategy, which was a 3rd place, next to some 100%s.

Anyone have a better idea?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the same strategy with a few improvements.

In the beginning I don't whammy the first two SP combos (like your strategy), but then on the 3rd SP combo I begin whammying the first hold after 1 beat has passed (2 thin lines) until the end of the note, then immediately after hitting the next note to complete the SP combo, activate the SP.

This will still last exactly up to the next SP if done correctly (such that you hit the very last chord under SP), but this way you'll gain some additional points from being at 8x during the last hold of the 3rd SP combo. Then after getting this next SP, get the next one and whammy the last hold as much as possible. Do not activate SP yet, wait until the next combo.

When the next combo comes, upon completing the combo immediately activate SP (as soon as the last held note begins). This should last right up to the next SP combo.

This next SP combo is a bunch of short holds on G and then on Y. Whammy them if you can. Now wait until the next SP combo and again activate immediately upon hitting the last note (which is held, but dont wait for the hold).

This should last exactly up to the next SP combo, so grab this one and now you should have 1/4 SP meter going into the break.

From here I follow Echelar's plan.

I ended up missing the last SP that I described (activated the previous one too late), and I got 172,158 with a 100% score (only 2k from first).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part near the beginning after using the first star power with the two triple patterns is PISSING ME THE HELL OFF.

Please advise?
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:
The part near the beginning after using the first star power with the two triple patterns is PISSING ME THE HELL OFF.

Please advise?

Do you mean the G RYB parts? If so, the third one is slightly different in that the green is slower, and the RYB is faster. I find it easier for some reason to play both the green and red with my index finger.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
I use the same strategy with a few improvements.

In the beginning I don't whammy the first two SP combos (like your strategy), but then on the 3rd SP combo I begin whammying the first hold after 1 beat has passed (2 thin lines) until the end of the note, then immediately after hitting the next note to complete the SP combo, activate the SP.

This will still last exactly up to the next SP if done correctly (such that you hit the very last chord under SP), but this way you'll gain some additional points from being at 8x during the last hold of the 3rd SP combo. Then after getting this next SP, get the next one and whammy the last hold as much as possible. Do not activate SP yet, wait until the next combo.

When the next combo comes, upon completing the combo immediately activate SP (as soon as the last held note begins). This should last right up to the next SP combo.

This next SP combo is a bunch of short holds on G and then on Y. Whammy them if you can. Now wait until the next SP combo and again activate immediately upon hitting the last note (which is held, but dont wait for the hold).

This should last exactly up to the next SP combo, so grab this one and now you should have 1/4 SP meter going into the break.

From here I follow Echelar's plan.

I ended up missing the last SP that I described (activated the previous one too late), and I got 172,158 with a 100% score (only 2k from first).

I don't get it, I followed this path to a T, got a full combo, and ended up with only 169,750...and I DIDN'T miss any of the SPs...how the hell does that make sense?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:

I don't get it, I followed this path to a T, got a full combo, and ended up with only 169,750...and I DIDN'T miss any of the SPs...how the hell does that make sense?

Because that strategy is old. Often, the best strategy involves purposely missing star power in order to use star power in a more lucrative section of the song.

Behold

Rabies - Godzilla Hard Strategy

This one was good enough for me to take #1 for awhile. A week later, Echelar got mad and beat me. He is only 1500 up on me..so he might have this strategy slightly tweaked and performed better.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
b3nz0r wrote:

Because that strategy is old. Often, the best strategy involves purposely missing star power in order to use star power in a more lucrative section of the song.

Behold

This one was good enough for me to take #1 for awhile. A week later, Echelar got mad and beat me. He is only 1500 up on me..so he might have this strategy slightly tweaked and performed better.

Sadly, I don't even remember the winning strategy anymore. I tweaked that song so many damn times that I can remember half a dozen ways to play it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
b3nz0r wrote:

Behold

I was more referring to how JC said he messed up and ended with 172k and I did it just fine and got 169k, not why wasn't it the best score.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(eight months later) My current high is 179,758, with a strategy very close to rabies', but with two small tweaks:

- Delay the 1st activation 3 beats and activate on the B note, and you'll be able to squeeze an extra note or two at the end.

- After getting SPs 9, 10, 11, activate at the very end of the 11 whammy (you can whammy fully) and it should run out right before SP 12.

- On the very last activation (13 & 14) it isn't shaded on the chart, but it is possible to squeeze in the blue note at the very end.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(5 days later) can you tweak the first activation further by moving one measure back to the orange note in measure 16 and pick up about 1.5 notes?
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowhand wrote:
(5 days later) can you tweak the first activation further by moving one measure back to the orange note in measure 16 and pick up about 1.5 notes?

Agh, that's what I meant to say. Wherever that activation begins, it should (and for me, did) include the BYRY right before the SP at m24. Sorry if I was misleading there...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the path, but I think that the end of the 2nd activation is wrong, I got 179,286, missed blue note squeeze (i didn't realized that I should push the note early grr grr ), and lots of hold points and in the 2nd activation I my star power finished after , I don't expect more than one or two notes more here.

I will make the tweaked SP Path later

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is

Rabies - Godzilla Hard Strategy - Tweaked by emptyset

PD: Have you noticed of how many points measure 34 gives?

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: