ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Infected

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Infected Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went back to hard for the first time, and I worked my butt off FC'ing the Opening Licks. (I'm inconsistent. Sue me.) In the process of screwing this one up about 20 times, I eventually worked out a really nice SP strat, or so I thought until I found out there were scores 8k higher than mine.

So I'll explain what I do, and someone tell me where I'm going wrong...this is going off memory.

All activations are after two star note phrases.
1. After getting the SP, the main verse strum pattern goes by in sets of four. Start it on the downbeat of the second set, fourth measure.
2. The instant it is acquired, on the downbeat.
3. Similar to #1, different timing. Downbeat of the second measure on the third set.
4. Hold this one a bit. There's a section with a long series of steady chorded eighth notes on R-B and then Y-B. Use it starting on the G-R phrase right before that.
5. At the end of the solo, you're whammying an SP-generating hold. Look for the second measure line to go by, and then activate about 1.5 beats later, during the note. Your SP should fade during the eighth note strand just as you reach the starred notes at the end of the series.
6. Don't have a real good place. I use it on the immediate next downbeat to get an extra three-eighth pattern rather than a bunch of hold->eighths, but there might be a better spot near the ending.

Current strat got me to 12th place, so I must be doing something right...and something wrong. I'm getting every star power, (which I know since I did a dry run with no SP at all,) but I mustn't be using them in the exact optimal place. Another 5k would put me in 3rd, though, so I doubt I'll get some real helpful input.
rabies  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like mine. Link below

http://home.comcast.net/~debbie.heuvel/guitarhero/Hard_-_Infected.jpg

As for why your 100% FC is 4k less than mine..... *shrug*
Do you whammy everything you can? There are an awful lot of star powers with short holds. I whammy them all....which may have helped me pick up the extra 10 chords or so that make up the 4k difference.

I'd like to know if Ech's strat is the same..just so I know he is up 3k on me through even better whammy and squeezing. Somehow he crunched in another 7 chords under star power.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think only slightly different in one use. I'd have to replay it to be sure though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a whammy master. I tend to mis-strum on anything shorter than a half note if I reach for the whammy. Something to perfect down the road, but I can imagine it throwing off my score by 4k compared to your's. Ultimately, there's almost nothing in your pic that is (realistically) any different than what I do. I can't remember right now exactly why I have the screwball timing on my first and third star powers and how that helps, but I know it did...then again, you might simply be better at squeezing, since I really don't make much concerted effort at it. (I was really going for the FC, and came up with the SP path in the process.)

The one that is different, a little, is the fourth power. You go a measure earlier, which leads to an additional 4 notes and 2 beats of hold. Call that 1k.

Let's say the extra whammying gets an extra chord after each SP, or 12 notes. That's ~2.5k.

And then we can all the remainder squeezing.
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Sound like mine. Link below

http://home.comcast.net/~debbie.heuvel/guitarhero/Hard_-_Infected.jpg

As for why your 100% FC is 4k less than mine..... *shrug*
Do you whammy everything you can? There are an awful lot of star powers with short holds. I whammy them all....which may have helped me pick up the extra 10 chords or so that make up the 4k difference.

I'd like to know if Ech's strat is the same..just so I know he is up 3k on me through even better whammy and squeezing. Somehow he crunched in another 7 chords under star power.

To be more accurate, rabies, the chord you activate SP under, if you whammy the whole thing you'd activate on the and of beat 10 to hit all the chords before the next SP. The way you've got it mapped is a beat early.

also I appreciate your guides, along with Echelar's guides I've managed to squeeze into top 10 for Hard.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:

To be more accurate, rabies, the chord you activate SP under, if you whammy the whole thing you'd activate on the and of beat 10 to hit all the chords before the next SP. The way you've got it mapped is a beat early.

also I appreciate your guides, along with Echelar's guides I've managed to squeeze into top 10 for Hard.

Excellent. Thanks for pointing that out. I always just went by feel and thus the note. Counting the beats is clearly more accurate. When I highlighted for the sheet, i just randomly picked a spot.

I see you cracked 300k on this song. Did you tweak this strat to get that? Or am I just screwing up on execution?

...and I also see you passed me on overall hard ranking...
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I tweaked anything other than the execution time of the SP in the chord, getting every chord before the SP boosts the score a bit. And squeezing everything you can helps too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rabies - Infected Hard SP

The activation during the R hold should start a beat sooner than charted.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a tweaked version

Tweaked Rabies SP Path

I can get some very rare times a half bar from the first hold note whit REALLY EARLY WHAMMYING (Well, it's only possible whit an OPTIMAL start), I've got it only 3 times. But still it's better to use 2-2.

About the tweaks:

2nd act. tweak: It's difficult to get the last RY chord, but it's possible AND BETTER.

5 chords and 50 hold points vs 4 chords and 100 hold points

3rd act. tweak: This tweak is very easy to see. I'm just changing 27 chords for 27 chords AND a single note (very difficult to hit too...)

4th tweak: A minor tweak, you can get some ticks from the hold...

5th tweak: This isn't really a tweak, is a correction. The way that works for me is to hit the note (no early whammying or rare things) and wait 2 measures, a beat and a half...

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: