ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Eureka, I've Found Love

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Eureka, I've Found Love Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No note chart to refer to, sadly.

There are 12 star powers total in the song, and I use it after every two, so that should be simple enough.

After the first two, wait a few notes to activate it, so you're right around the BR chords or a bit before. That way, you get more chord-heavy song in the 8x.

After the next two, just hit it ASAP.

After the next two, you can wait a while. The chorus will come back (Eureka, I've found love!), and you want your star power to be done by the second time he sings (Loooooooooo-oooove) with the long holds. I don't have a great starting point, but there you go.

The next time you can use it is when the solo is about to start. I'd suggest using it pretty fast, as it runs out pretty close to the next star power.

The next one is in the solo, and the one after is coming out of the solo back to the well-spaced chords. Use this star power very fast, so you can get the next one.

There are only two more left in the song, so just pop it off whenever you get it. Simple, right?

I'm sure there can be tweaks to get these usages in more note-heavy sections, but without a note chart I won't bother to try

My 100% with this strat was 177,722, which is sitting in 1st place at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 months since strategy was posted + 7K increase in top score = question: is there a better path than the one described above? Or is it all squeezing?

Bark at the Zoo
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drafted one yesterday, executed it, and came up with the top score (for now). I totally forgot to look here to see if one was already posted...but looking it over, it is 'almost' the same. There is one major difference...but You'll have to figure that out for yourself... ;)
Echelar  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's only one change that I can think of.
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of 0 changes as far as where you said to use SP. Just the placement that matters. (and how many notes you squeeze and how early you whammy ;))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..interesting. I actually changed the strategy. Here is the one I used:

Rabies- Eureka, I've Found Love Hard Strategy

I purposely wait 3 stars at the end and skip star #12. I found I got more points doing that opposed to breaking it up 2 stars then 2 as the original strat said.

Now..here you come along and beat both of us by 3000 points or so to take #1 (you really should put pictures up for some of those impressive scores btw). So It looks like I need to go back and take a closer look at this song to see where I can squeeze in more points from star power. 3k is 15 notes or 7.5 chords under star power. That is quite a few to make up.
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I wish I had a camera right now, because I've been getting some sick scores but have no proof.

I figure if I'm ever disputed I'll just get a shot of the actual song list screen so at least you can see I'm not lying.

The key to me winning by 2000 is this: I whammy'd EVERY SP hold EARLY, so I had enough juice to squeeze more notes in than I should've. This caused me to move my first activation back a note, and a few other things I can't remember.

But if you want to beat/reach that score, you'll have to whammy them all early. I may draw up a chart of EXACTLY how I did it in a while so you can see.

edit: here we go, this is pretty close to what I used I believe.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to look at things 9 monthes later.

Rabies is better at this than me so who knows.........

Unless I counted wrong, the cryptic changes refer to going 2-2 at the end.
As drawn rabies path going 3 at the end is around 51 notes. Going 2-2 at the end is about 57 notes. What am I missing?

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/6264/hardeurekaivefoundlovetg7.jpg
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
02BlackWS6  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah going 2-2 at the end is definitely better. Got me 5th place by 600 points. And I'm pretty sure that was in squeezing. If I'm not mistaken the first activation can be pushed back 1 note for another squeeze (200 points) and the last activation moved back one chord to the RB and the end of the RB sustain (400 points), but I haven't gotten to try this out yet. Also the 4th activation if done correctly will get you the Red note right before star power 9.

:EDIT: I got the chance to try this out and figured it out. Move the first activation back 3 notes on the first Yellow instead of the second, it will last until the YO chord of measure 18 and is worth 400 more points. In Order to tell if you got the squeeze, 1 measure later after the RB chords your score should be 40258, but you must whammy everything early and squeeze. Also I was wrong about the ending you have it right. The other 200 points are as mentioned in squeezing in the red note before SP 9. I'm almost positive this is right because I missed the R squeeze note and I'm 2xx points behind first place.

::EDIT:: 1st place FTW

Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the chart then: Eureka Hard SP

Blah, the 4th activation should be one chord earlier (on the BY that starts the hold). I'll fix the chart later.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
02BlackWS6  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the chart for Sully. As of right now this is first place and with this strategy there is only ticks left. (got 16 more points yesterday).
02BlackWS6 - Eureka, I've Found Love - Hard

02BlackWS6  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

02BlackWS6 wrote:
I fixed the chart for Sully. As of right now this is first place and with this strategy there is only ticks left. (got 16 more points yesterday).
02BlackWS6 - Eureka, I've Found Love - Hard

2nd now Piso care to share?

Piso  

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I actually have no idea how I got such a great score. I followed your path exactly as you have it, no changes whatsoever. As soon as I get my gamebridge working, I'll make a video of a run and maybe we'll be able to identify what it is.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

Cdw01  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Piso wrote:
I'm sorry, but I actually have no idea how I got such a great score. I followed your path exactly as you have it, no changes whatsoever. As soon as I get my gamebridge working, I'll make a video of a run and maybe we'll be able to identify what it is.

I know this is probably long forgotten, but he did seriously just follow the path. My 1st place run was only 28 points off his tickwise, which involving chords is not much. However, there is an extra squeeze in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: