ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lighting/Band/Crowd Events & Notes (New lighting ideas.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gokussj5okazu  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Lighting/Band/Crowd Events & Notes (New lighting ideas.) Reply with quote

This is a compilation of events and common questions involving events in Feedback and notes in Midis.

Note: In Feedback, the [ and ] brackets are not needed.

Some events listed below may not appear in your version of Feedback. You can add events to this list by editing the events.txt file that is included with Feedback.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Camera Changes: Not events, but camera changes are based on events.
[/b]

[band_jump] - Causes the camera to switch to a view that shows the most of the band.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song Events: (E Key in Feedback): You only need to put these events in one track per song. For instance, if you all of your lighting in the Expert Single track, there's no need to do them in any other track.

Note: Don't place sections using E. R is reserved for that purpose.

Markers :

[verse] - Start of a Verse.

[chorus] - Start of a Chorus.

[solo] - Start of a Solo.

[end] - End of song.

[music_start] - Band starts playing, music begins, etc.

Lighting : (Changes/Affects the Venue lighting) Must have [music_start] AND [verse/chorus/solo] before any lighting events. [verse/chorus/solo] each cause the lighting events to act in slightly different ways.

[lighting ()] - Normal lighting comes on.

[lighting (flare)]
- Causes flares to come up out of the stage.

[lighting (blackout)] - Stage lights go off.

[lighting (chase)] - From what I've seen , a spotlight chases your guitarist, but not 100% on that.

[lighting (strobe)] - Creates a strobe-light effect. (Lasts until a new lighting effect is places.)

[lighting (color1)] - Changes the lighting to color 1. Blue

[lighting (color2)] - Changes the lighting to color 2. Yellow

[lighting (color3)] - Changes the lighting to color 3. *Untested* Red

The three colors above can be combined to form Purple, Orange, and Green. TRIGGERS have something to do with this, but it's not yet known. Here's a list of colors for each venue.

Leff wrote:

Blackout Bar:
Color1 = Blue
Color2 = Orange

RedOctane Club:
Color1 = Purple
Color2 = Green

Rock City Theater:
Color1 = Red
Color2 = Purple

Vans Warped Tour:
Color1 = Purple
Color2 = White

Harmonix Arena:
Color1 = Orange
Color2 = Red

Stonehenge:
Color1 = Green
Color2 = Red

cigdawg wrote:

Battle of the Bands:
Color1 = Purple
Color2 = Yellow

Rat Cellar:
Color1 = Blue
Color2 = Orange

[lighting (sweep)] - Lights sweep the stage.

Crowd Events : (Affect the crowd)

[crowd_lighters_fast] - Crowd waves their lighters rapidly.

[crowd_lighters_off] - Crowd no longer waves lighters.

[crowd_lighters_slow] - Crowd waves lighters slowly.

[crowd_half_tempo] - Crowd moves at 1/2 of the set tempo.

[crowd_normal_tempo] - Crowd moves at the normal set tempo.

[crowd_double_tempo] - Crowd moves at x2 the set tempo.

Band Events - (Events that affect the band on stage.)

[band_jump] - Band jumps in unison. Recent studies show that the band will jump on the next MEASURE line, and will land on the next 1/4th beat.

[sync_head_bang] - Band head bangs in sync with each other. Lasts 4 measures at normal tempo.

[sync_wag] - Band "wags" kinda swaying left and right to the beat. Lasts 4 measures at normal tempo.

Track Events: (W Key in Feedback): These events need to be placed in each respective track, but not each difficulty. For instance, if you place guitarist animations in Expert Single, you don't need to place them in Hard Single, but you do need to place them in Expert DoubleBass.

Guitarist Animations: These need to be placed in the Single track, DoubleBass/Rhythm track, and/or DoubleGuitar track, depending on which you plan on using when you make your chart. These control the guitarist/bassist only.

[idle] - Causes an "Idle" animation. (Character stands there, no hands on guitar.)

[play] - Character begins playing the guitar. (If you leave this one out, your character will play at random times.)

[solo_on] - Causes the character to begin it's solo animation. Fingers will catch firs on the guitar.

[solo_off] - Returns to [play].

[wail_on] - Your character begins to wail on his guitar.

[wail_off] - Returns to [play].

[ow_face_on] - Character cringes.

[ow_face_off] - Face goes back to normal.

[half_tempo] - Guitarist/Bassist moves at 1/2 the tempo. (For slow passages.) This doubles the length of WAGGING and HEADBANGING.

[normal_tempo] - Guitarist/Bassist moves at normal tempo.

[map HandMap_Default] - Default hand position.

[map HandMap_DropD2] – Default hand position, minus D2.

[map HandMap_NoChords] – Hand animation with NO chords.

Drummer Animations: These control the tempo, beat, and other actions of the drummer. These only need to be placed in the Drums track. Most of these events are not yet supported, but the drums track is now editable, so they will most likely be supported in the future.

Note: While you can place notes in the Drum track in Feedback, they don't make a BAND_DRUM track because GHex does not import the drums track. Hopefully this will be implemented in the next release.

[idle] - Drummer sits idle.

[play] - Drummer plays to the tempo.

[normal_tempo] - Drummer plays on the first and 3rd beat of every measure.

[half_time] - Drummer plays on the first beat of every measure only.

[double_time] - Drummer plays at double the tempo / aka 8 beats per measure.

[allbeat] - Drummer plays 4 beats per measure.

[nobeat] - Creates a dead beat where drummer sits idle for that beat.

Event Notes (Does not apply to Feedback, only Midi programs.): These are notes that cause certain animations in the game, such as the position of the guitarist’s hand on the guitar neck.

TRIGGERS Track: Possibly control drummer, lighting, and venues.
Note 24: “click_kick” – Kick drum.

Note 25: “click_snare” – Snare drum.

Note 26: “click_hat” – High hat.

Note 48: “do_lighting_next_keyframe”

Note 49: “do_lighting_prev_keyframe”

Note 50: “do_lighting_first_keyframe”

Note 52: “venue effect”

BAND_DRUM Track

Note 36: “kick_drum” – Kick drum.

Note 37: “crash_symbal” – Symbal crashing.

BAND_BASS Track: Controls bass player in single player.

Note 36: “bass_hit” – Bass player strums.

GUITAR/BASS Tracks

Note 40: - Hand on #1 fret.

Note 49: - Hand on 2#20 fret.

PART_GUITAR Track

Note 110: “big_note” - Causes the crowd to “sigh” if you miss a note while this note is in play. Meant to be used as single notes, not sustains.

BAND_SINGER Track

Note 108: Controls singer's mouth. Note on = open, note off = closed.
Internet Explorer 6 is a giant cunt. That is all.
Guide to Advanced Editing in Feedback

Last edited by Gokussj5okazu on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:05 pm; edited 32 times in total
nickb611  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useful. Might I suggest signifying which ones require which button press (E or W) in dB?

Just like, posting which key is which, because I know somebody will ask it.

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
metalrocks2340  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, someone will definitely ask, and I've had some similar questions to this, I hope they can be answered though.
Gokussj5okazu  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickb611 wrote:
Very useful. Might I suggest signifying which ones require which button press (E or W) in dB?

Just like, posting which key is which, because I know somebody will ask it.

Thanks, I just added that part. If anyone posts anything in here I'll update it, since the Mid Encyclopedia/Dictionary has limited info regarding these.
metalrocks2340  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really that big of a deal but you forgot to put the "[" in "play" up there it only says play] instead of [play]
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For instance, if you use [band_jump], do they land 1/8 later? From what I can tell, it is approximately 1/8th, but can anyone confirm this?

It's a set amount of time. It's approx. 1 second of air time.

Also, keep in mind that lighting events WILL NOT WORK unless you have [music_start] and [verse/chorus/solo] BEFORE ANY OTHER LIGHTING EVENT. Lighting events are slightly different (venue specific) based on which animation keyset you have enabled (being [verse/chorus/solo]).

The camera changes are also triggered from lighting events and various band events. For example: using [band_jump] will cause the camera angle to switch to a view that shows most of the band.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighting/Band/Crowd Events Details (For Feedback) Reply with quote

Gokussj5okazu wrote:
[section <verse_1>] This is for your practice mode settings, set this and the section name at the times you want it. Verse_1 is just an example.

You know there is a way to just put in section names? I believe the key is "R", and then you just put Verse_1, or whatever, then you don't need to type section every time.

And from what I've seen, strobes last until something cancels them. As for band events, not sure, haven't used those before

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighting/Band/Crowd Events Details (For Feedback) Reply with quote

socrstopr wrote:
Gokussj5okazu wrote:
[section <verse_1>] This is for your practice mode settings, set this and the section name at the times you want it. Verse_1 is just an example.

You know there is a way to just put in section names? I believe the key is "R", and then you just put Verse_1, or whatever, then you don't need to type section every time.

And from what I've seen, strobes last until something cancels them. As for band events, not sure, haven't used those before

Thanks for the info on the strobes.

As far as [section <section_name>] goes, if you just put section names, all that does is show the sections in the More Stats screen after a song. However if you want to play a song in Practice, you have to set the [section <section_name>] events to signify where each section actually is so the game knows where to start when you select a specific section.
metalrocks2340  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the strobes.

As far as [section <section_name>] goes, if you just put section names, all that does is show the sections in the More Stats screen after a song. However if you want to play a song in Practice, you have to set the [section <section_name>] events to signify where each section actually is so the game knows where to start when you select a specific section.

That would be correct.
Nashwan  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean you have to do both to get sections referenced properly? Or will it all work using E to set them as events with no need for R?
Gokussj5okazu  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashwan wrote:
Does that mean you have to do both to get sections referenced properly? Or will it all work using E to set them as events with no need for R?

Kind of.

If you just want to have section names in the More Stats screen, then you just need to set section names using R.

If you want to be able to play certain sections in Practice, then you need to set the section name events using E.
rkcr  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, this is going to be very useful... Hah, I didn't even know about [music_start], no wonder it kept repeating the intro over and over again.
Gokussj5okazu  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, good to see that the higher-ups think this could prove useful. I just added support for the drums track in dB v0.8b, and cleared up a few gray areas.
Nava  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gokussj5okazu wrote:
If you just want to have section names in the More Stats screen, then you just need to set section names using R.

If you want to be able to play certain sections in Practice, then you need to set the section name events using E.

I'm sorry to tell that that is incorrect. On one of my songs I just added in section names with R and then imported. When I goto practice I can select the sections and they play right from where I set them. So I don't see any reasone for that command.

My Custom Songs
metalrocks2340  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thread, I think this'll help tons of people out

This needs to be stickied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: