ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 - S5 - PS2 - League A Playoffs Winners:eblp/mrsat/Riro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceshark7  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eblp4life wrote:
Sweet, great match IceShark7, you don't know how long I practiced that solo.. I was going for a FC, but I could never nail solo F in an actual run.

Congratulations mrsaturnboing and Rirobuge. You definitely earned your titles.

About the finals of the league, I have to tell you something...

I was doing like really well in the league, achieving great score, recieving 1st point place for a couple of weeks, etc. I felt like I learn to play the game fast.

Up to the play-offs of A1, I usually took the leagues just for fun. I didn't even expect a win in A3, but how do I really see the victories, that those aren't anything else but a honor achievement. (No offence to anymore.)

When the play-offs of this league started. Yeah, when "Madhouse" was the second song. I decided to finally get an amazing score from it, and I did, an unbelieveable record for me. However, that was one of the last extreme scores of this league.

"Carry me Home" was the next song. It immediatly brought bad memories up for me. In the season 4 A3 finals, it was a painful song because I didn't know how to play it. After the victory, I achieved several nice scores without any worries or something. Now, in this league, the pains came back. I had to "try" for the best score as possible. I lost my concentration on the riffs, and I messed up the intro. My fingers tilted, and that made the riffs impossible for me to play.

After playing the song over 50 times, I decided to give all I could have. I concentrated, and I finally got a score, just a little amount over of my previous record. I expected more, but that told me it was the last attempt from me on that song in this league.

I know that I had to face you in the finals (Looking at the results, I didn't even doubt about it.), so I viewed the thread as many times as possible, just to see the next song. And what cames up as the next song - My first decided favorite song, Arterial Black. (My current favorite is BatH, but I class Arterial Black as classic for me.)

I couldn't practice the song on the first day, because I had personal IRL issues. And on the second day, I only had about 2 hours of playing, and that's where I examined, how to pull off the solo.

The last day, I had a lot of free time. What annoyed me, that my family found out that I was in the finals. They asked me many times, why am I not practising. That broke my bounds. I'm not playing GH II for work, so I said my clear words for them - I refused to train. I wanted to show that GH II is not very important as it seems for them. And because my behaviour is not to lie, I didn't even practice. I just browsed about the internet in that day. It was boring, but at least I advanced something in my custom songs and in other similar things.

When the time was like 11:00 AM here, I decided that maybe I should get a good score. I was the only one awake with my little brother, so I went to play the game without any questions. I started to train Arterial Black. Training, training, training... Until finally, I had a 100% success on every section of the song, full speed. What was the tricky part, performing the full combo in a one run.

Looking at your previous league scores, I estimated a rate about 270,000 as a score to beat. I wasn't kidding, and it was something hard for me to manage.

I tried to get a good score from the song. First, I got about 230,000. Then, when I inspected about the SP paths, I got about 240,000. However, that was where my good success ended.

My fingers were totally locked out, from "Carry me Home". I didn't have a time to rest. I failed to get an optimal squeeze on the whammy section (Referring onto the star power paths.), and when I finally got it, I failed the solo, like I would have never practiced it. I tried to practice it up again, and learnt it again.

Still... When I tried to perform it in the actual song, I wasn't able to do it. And even on the practices, I was no longer able to do it. What I admit that I even banged my head onto the wall because I didn't know what is this. Then when I examined myself, what the **** am I doing. After some countless poor attempts, I totally wore out, tired out, and decided "that's it". I decided that the league isn't very important, after all, on the next day, I knew that I did right. When I'm not able to do something extreme, it's not you could improve in minutes...

Because of that, I won't be participating in Season 6. I need to take a rest, the purpose of the leagues for me has exhausted. The leagues even took a bit from my time, so I know this is the right decision for me.

I'm very sorry for myself about it, and felt to type this out. No-one might have stamina to read the whole text I just typed, but my logic on, that when I write something useful onto a public place, it immediatly helps me. And this is related to the leagues, after all. Congratulations eblp4life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iceshark7
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceshark7 wrote:
eblp4life wrote:
Sweet, great match IceShark7, you don't know how long I practiced that solo.. I was going for a FC, but I could never nail solo F in an actual run.

Congratulations mrsaturnboing and Rirobuge. You definitely earned your titles.

About the finals of the league, I have to tell you something...

I was doing like really well in the league, achieving great score, recieving 1st point place for a couple of weeks, etc. I felt like I learn to play the game fast.

Up to the play-offs of A1, I usually took the leagues just for fun. I didn't even expect a win in A3, but how do I really see the victories, that those aren't anything else but a honor achievement. (No offence to anymore.)

When the play-offs of this league started. Yeah, when "Madhouse" was the second song. I decided to finally get an amazing score from it, and I did, an unbelieveable record for me. However, that was one of the last extreme scores of this league.

"Carry me Home" was the next song. It immediatly brought bad memories up for me. In the season 4 A3 finals, it was a painful song because I didn't know how to play it. After the victory, I achieved several nice scores without any worries or something. Now, in this league, the pains came back. I had to "try" for the best score as possible. I lost my concentration on the riffs, and I messed up the intro. My fingers tilted, and that made the riffs impossible for me to play.

After playing the song over 50 times, I decided to give all I could have. I concentrated, and I finally got a score, just a little amount over of my previous record. I expected more, but that told me it was the last attempt from me on that song in this league.

I know that I had to face you in the finals (Looking at the results, I didn't even doubt about it.), so I viewed the thread as many times as possible, just to see the next song. And what cames up as the next song - My first decided favorite song, Arterial Black. (My current favorite is BatH, but I class Arterial Black as classic for me.)

I couldn't practice the song on the first day, because I had personal IRL issues. And on the second day, I only had about 2 hours of playing, and that's where I examined, how to pull off the solo.

The last day, I had a lot of free time. What annoyed me, that my family found out that I was in the finals. They asked me many times, why am I not practising. That broke my bounds. I'm not playing GH II for work, so I said my clear words for them - I refused to train. I wanted to show that GH II is not very important as it seems for them. And because my behaviour is not to lie, I didn't even practice. I just browsed about the internet in that day. It was boring, but at least I advanced something in my custom songs and in other similar things.

When the time was like 11:00 AM here, I decided that maybe I should get a good score. I was the only one awake with my little brother, so I went to play the game without any questions. I started to train Arterial Black. Training, training, training... Until finally, I had a 100% success on every section of the song, full speed. What was the tricky part, performing the full combo in a one run.

Looking at your previous league scores, I estimated a rate about 270,000 as a score to beat. I wasn't kidding, and it was something hard for me to manage.

I tried to get a good score from the song. First, I got about 230,000. Then, when I inspected about the SP paths, I got about 240,000. However, that was where my good success ended.

My fingers were totally locked out, from "Carry me Home". I didn't have a time to rest. I failed to get an optimal squeeze on the whammy section (Referring onto the star power paths.), and when I finally got it, I failed the solo, like I would have never practiced it. I tried to practice it up again, and learnt it again.

Still... When I tried to perform it in the actual song, I wasn't able to do it. And even on the practices, I was no longer able to do it. What I admit that I even banged my head onto the wall because I didn't know what is this. Then when I examined myself, what the **** am I doing. After some countless poor attempts, I totally wore out, tired out, and decided "that's it". I decided that the league isn't very important, after all, on the next day, I knew that I did right. When I'm not able to do something extreme, it's not you could improve in minutes...

Because of that, I won't be participating in Season 6. I need to take a rest, the purpose of the leagues for me has exhausted. The leagues even took a bit from my time, so I know this is the right decision for me.

I'm very sorry for myself about it, and felt to type this out. No-one might have stamina to read the whole text I just typed, but my logic on, that when I write something useful onto a public place, it immediatly helps me. And this is related to the leagues, after all. Congratulations eblp4life.

I read the whole thing I and feel the same way about being exhausted. This was my first league, so I guess I could last a little longer on this one, but I figured you'd put up a big score, so I had to try and put one up even higher, I got to a point of hitting 250k consistently, few 260k in there, but only one 270k+ and that's what I did.

My wanting to participate in Season 6 is very very low. I'd like to just stay away from Guitar Hero and come back when 3 comes out. I may decide to participate, but I'll probably come back for the first Guitar Hero III league. It's been fun, my bad runs now impress my friends, so it's pretty fun.

Thanks IceShark7, I wish you the best of luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: