ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Frankenstein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got bored, so here you go. (I have no idea if this is a well-known path already or not, but it is what I figured out to be the optimal FC path.)

Does anyone know why the beats aren't a consistent width in the charts (as in the GH2 ones)? It really makes the charts much harder to read.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this! I've been wondering what the path was for a long time. This one is pretty complicated because there are so many sp phrases. I had a path very similar to this one, but I never got around to testing it. I had the same red box placements, except for the first one.

I wonder if this is the same path that pope and ES used. It just seems like it would give more points.

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

It's definetely the optimal path, but I don't think it's possible to execute on GH1 with the SP delay between getting a phrase and being able to activate.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are talking about the second activation. There is a 16th note's worth of room to spare, so I imagine it should be possible. (You can simply whammy a bit less on any other tight ones.)

In fact, it would even be possible to improve this path further if you could activate immediately. The end of the SP phrase in measure 42 and the beginning of the SP phrase in measure 46 are exactly 4 measures apart, so if you hit the last note of the SP phrase in 42 early and activated immediately, you could get SP to run out in time for the next phrase. Thus, you could split the fourth activation into two activations and avoid running over the phrase in measure 42. Does anyone know if this is actually possible?

Last edited by Barbaloot on Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
Does anyone know why the beats aren't a consistent width in the charts (as in the GH2 ones)? It really makes the charts much harder to read.

This was discussed very briefly here.

I'd love to see evenly spaced charts for GH1 and GH2 360- it must be possible as the ps2 GH2 charts are all evenly spaced.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
In fact, it would even be possible to improve this path further if you could activate immediately. The end of the SP phrase in measure 42 and the beginning of the SP phrase in measure 46 are exactly 4 measures apart, so if you hit the last note of the SP phrase in 42 early and activated immediately, you could get SP to run out in time for the next phrase. Thus, you could split the fourth activation into two activations and avoid running over the phrase in measure 46. Does anyone know if this is actually possible?
It's definitely not possible on GH1 engine, but it should be on GH2. Easy and medium have the same block pattern (skipping over different phrases, but the idea is the same) and I noticed it would be worth more if I could split the 3 into 2 2's. However, I couldn't even come close to hitting the phrase early enough to make it run out in time with the delay.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solo after the drum solo is aggravating because I can't do the HOs/POs unless the three notes are right next to each other (I can do GRY/YGR, but not GRB/BRG). What's even more aggravating was that a guitar did not do that part of the song.
k3v227  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I used in my FC run.

k3v227's Frankenstein SP Path

I used Barbaloot's key.

The color code is as follows:

Blue - Star power activation.
Green - Star power phrase. Whammy fully, and get the star power.
Red - Get the star power phrase, but do NOT whammy parts shaded in red!
Yellow - Whammy as much as possible, but do not actually get the SP phrase (cut it off by using SP at the indicated spot).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k3v227 wrote:
This is what I used in my FC run.

k3v227's Frankenstein SP Path

I used Barbaloot's key.

The color code is as follows:

Blue - Star power activation.
Green - Star power phrase. Whammy fully, and get the star power.
Red - Get the star power phrase, but do NOT whammy parts shaded in red!
Yellow - Whammy as much as possible, but do not actually get the SP phrase (cut it off by using SP at the indicated spot).

debr new paths own more

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh-ps2/expert/frankenstein.lazy-whammy.best.png
http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh-ps2/expert/frankenstein.no-squeeze.best.png
http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh-ps2/expert/frankenstein.big-squeeze.best.png
http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh-ps2/expert/frankenstein.nearly-ideal.best.png
http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh-ps2/expert/frankenstein.upper-bound.best.png

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: