ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
7 New Tracks Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CliveWinston963  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgspecial wrote:
Jovack wrote:
ChunkNorris86 wrote:

Ya know I browse these forums frequently but never registered. But what you wrote made me want to call you stupid, and registering was the only way. You may not like the lyrics that Slayer has in their songs but in no way can you compare the music of Slayer and Afi. I think Afi would even slap you for this one. Slayer is one of the most influencial thrash/metal bands. And on top of it all, you can't compare the musical talent of Slayer to Afi. Now I'm not saying that Afi are a bunch of talentless "musicians" but the song that is being placed in GH3 is very poorly written. It's just a bunch of dropped D open chords. You can like whoever you want but read up on your stuff before you say that a band is "really not that great"

awwe.. did I offend you :'(

God forbid someone has an opinion different from your own, because when someone doesn't agree with the majority, they are automatically "stupid".
You think AFI would slap me for defending them??? Now you're just making yourself sound like a moron. Please, before you attempt to call someone stupid, learn how to spell for fuck sakes. It's INFLUENTIAL you dolt.

On to another point, who are you to tell me, or anyone else in the general population, what 'good' music is? It is a matter of taste, plain and simple. People have different tastes in music, women, career choices, etc, so what really pisses me off, is when a bunch of people who are too insecure to form their own opinion, pretend to be the biggest fan of X band because they are "popular".

Don't talk to me about "D chords" or other musical jargon. 1. Nobody gives a damn, 2. I play violin, piano, and guitar. Let's not start dissecting guitar tabs.

Your last point is laughable.
"....read up on your stuff...."
that's classic. Please, let me go to my local library and get some literature on the history of thrash metal so I can give credit to a band based on someone else's biased opinion.

Or, here's what I actually did in reality.... are you ready for this one? I listened to a few of their songs on youtube, and thought, "you know? these guys are not terrible, but they are pretty over-rated in my opinion".

So now, Are you threatened that my opinion of them "not being that great" will somehow commandeer your own? Will you suddenly stop liking Slayer, or thrash-metal because I don't prefer it? I don't give a shit if you agree or not.
It's my fucking opinion, so grow up.

not trying to fuel a fire here but i think the general AFI in guitar hero is bad consensus came from the fact that most people only know their knew stuff i personally love afi but an older song like even clove smoke catharsis would be better it just seems that miss murder is a pretty run of the mill boring song for a band with a pretty dense well of talent

yall needd to chill...

i think we can all agree that raining blood requires much more talent to play than miss murder. they definitely should've put one of their older songs instead of that.

I hate afi with a passion, and i think that song shouldnt be in there, but jovack can have his opinion, as much as i and most people dont agree with it... and btw dude, slayer really is one of the most influential thrash bands out there. lots of bands credit them for inspiration and ideas and what not. and i do give a damn btw.

long live clive winston!!!
WhiteyMcTool  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgspecial wrote:
by the way the unofficial leak that has been released has some major flaws like the fact that there are two confirmed tracks from velvet revolver and an atreyu track none of which have been mentioned as well as tom morello is the first boss which many of the people who preplayed it stated that slash was the first boss not morello.

Really? I haven't seen anyone comment on the boss order, other than this leak. And considering Bulls on Parade is a lot easier to play than Welcome to the Jungle, I think Morello comes first.

As for two confirmed Velvet Revolver tracks and Atreyu... bonus songs? The guy clearly didn't have the full list, as it doesn't add up to over 70.

sgspecial wrote:
Having the devil went down to georgia, in its original context at least, would be a horrible decision yes it is campy and probably fun but for a final encore i am sorry just bad. especially since the devil is not the final boss it says the last place is lou's inferno the final boss battle would be lou given rational thought. (at least this leak got one thing right)

Lou Cifer. Think about it. Lou. Cifer. Dur.

sgspecial wrote:
and i also doubt that while cliffs over dover is a good song they would put a song by eric johnson given his limited fan base and the fact that while most people did not know dick dale they knew misurlou by auditory recognition, at the least.

And of course, everyone knew about that Living End band, right? I mean, they were so popular before GHII. They would never put anything in because it's just a good song. It HAS to have a huge fanbase.

In my opinion, they've now confirmed Anarchy in the U.K. and Kool Thing. If one more thing off this list gets confirmed, I'm officially convinced it's the real deal. Until then, I'm temporarily convinced.
sgspecial  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can really only debate two things on here one i know is right which is somewhere on here before morello was announced someone was descussing the boss battles and mentioned that slash was first and the other boss had a much harder song to play against. and when it comes to the living end you have a good point except that they do have a pretty large fan base in Australia as i am sure NAAST or Die Toten Hosen do equally living end were originally not final tier
WhiteyMcTool  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgspecial wrote:
i can really only debate two things on here one i know is right which is somewhere on here before morello was announced someone was descussing the boss battles and mentioned that slash was first and the other boss had a much harder song to play against.

Could it possibly be the 26-solo final boss battle?

sgspecial wrote:
and when it comes to the living end you have a good point except that they do have a pretty large fan base in Australia as i am sure NAAST or Die Toten Hosen do equally living end were originally not final tier

So? Tier != popularity. Nirvana's second tier, and they're arguably one of the most popular bands in GH2. Cliffs of Dover was a big hit when it came out, it won a Grammy, and Eric Johnson, while not the most popular guitar virtuoso anymore, certainly was a big one back in the day.
jboogie82090  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really hope they have
gunshot to the head of trepidation by trivium
the solo in that is just amazing.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jboogie82090
slashba  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE'VE GOT SOME GOOD NEWS!!!
SEX PISTOLS WILL RE-RECORD THEIR SINGLE "ANARCHY IN THE U.K" ONLY FOR GUITAR HERO III!!!
Yeeeah! good news to punk lovers

MORE INFO HERE
ARobb  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slashba wrote:
WE'VE GOT SOME GOOD NEWS!!!
SEX PISTOLS WILL RE-RECORD THEIR SINGLE "ANARCHY IN THE U.K" ONLY FOR GUITAR HERO III!!!
Yeeeah! good news to punk lovers

MORE INFO HERE

OOOOLLLLDDDD NEWS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ARobbSH
Jugenheimer  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys about Miss Murder...although I also think that AFI shouldn't be in Guitar Hero III only because of the repetiveness (if that's a word...?) of the song. I personally do NOT like that band whatsoever, but that's not the reason Miss Murder shouldn't be in the game, people have their opinions. I just find that the song shouldn't be anywhere past the 2nd tier because there's no solo or anything too difficult in that song...Anyways I respect other peoples' opinions so don't go hating lol.
Jovack  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

without miss murder tho, all the emos would become even moreso emo.. and that wouldn't be nice

anyways, it looks like AC/DC will be in the game
some spanish preview of the game specifically mentioned ac/dc AND they showed part of the note chart with it

chek it up on youtube
Ninz28  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see AFI as a "Legend" or Tenacious D for that matter. Just because I may not doesn't mean others wont. I am just happy to have a new GH game coming out. isn't this supposed to be the last one? *gasp* I hate the thought. To call it legends though makes me think that GHIII should consist of bands that have stood the test of time. Some are on here like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer and such. It's just an opinion.
ARobb  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninz28 wrote:
I dont see AFI as a "Legend" or Tenacious D for that matter. Just because I may not doesn't mean others wont. I am just happy to have a new GH game coming out. isn't this supposed to be the last one? *gasp* I hate the thought. To call it legends though makes me think that GHIII should consist of bands that have stood the test of time. Some are on here like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer and such. It's just an opinion.

Well seeing as Neversoft just took over, I doubt they'd want to make a new installment of a franchise as big as this and NOT make another one in the future. Also I'm pretty sure Legends Of Rock is just a cool title they came up with. It doesn't really have anything to do with what bands are in the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ARobbSH
ZO5  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. Slash is going to be soo much fun to battle!! Can't wait untill this game comes out!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6g982kQbXsA

and

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jJlWZ321lc-8
gtarshredr  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jovack, can you give post the link for that video that mentions AC/DC? I can't find it on youtube.
ATHFisgreat  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: full song list as of oct 1 (not every song) Reply with quote

3's and 7's: Queens of the Stone Age
Anarchy in the U.K. Sex Pistols
Avalancha: Heroes Del Silencio
Barracuda: Heart
Black Magic Woman Artist Unknown
Bulls on Parade Rage Against the Machine
Cherub Rock: Smashing Pumpkins
Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll Blue Oyster Cult
Closer: Lacuna Coil
Cult of Personality: Living Colour
Evenflow: Pearl Jam
Generation Rock Revolverhead
Go That Far Bret Michaels Band
Helicopter Bloc Party
Hier Kommt Alex: Die Toten Hose
Hit Me With Your Best Shot: Pat Benatar
I'm in the Band: The Hellacopters
In the Belly of the Shark: Gallows
Knights of Cydonia: Muse
Kool Thing: Sonic Youth
La Grange: ZZ Top
Lay Down: Priestess
Mauvais Gar¿on: Naast
The Metal: Tenacious D
Minus Celsius: Backyard Babies
Miss Murder: AFI
Mississippi Queen: Mountain
My Name is Jonas: Weezer
The Number of the Beast: Iron Maiden
One: Metallica<<<<<<<<<<<HOLY SHIT HARD SOLO<(or so i've heard)
Paint It Black: The Rolling Stones
Paraoid: Black Sabbath
Radio Song: Superbus
Raining Blood: Slayer
Reptilia: The Strokes
Rock And Roll All Nite: Kiss
School's Out: Alice Cooper
Rock You Like a Hurricane: Scorpions
Ruby: Kaiser Chiefs
Sabotage: Beastie Boys
School's Out: Alice Cooper
She Bangs the Drums: The Stone Roses
She Builds Quick Machines: Velvet Revolver
Slow Ride: Fog Hat
Suck My Kiss: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Take This Life: In Flames
Talk Dirty to Me: Poison
Through the Fire and Flames: DragonForce<<<<<<<<<<CANT WAIT!!!!!
Welcome to the Jungle: Guns N' Roses
When You Were Young: The Killers

just thought i'd put that out there.
Oakis  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Official Tracklist GH3 Reply with quote

Activision has released the list:

Same Old Song and Dance (by Aerosmith)
Helicopter (by Bloc Party)
Stricken (by Disturbed)
Monsters (by Matchbook Romance)
Before I Forget (by Slipknot)
Kool Thing (by Sonic Youth)
When You Were Young (by The Killers)
Devil Went Down to Georgia (as made famous by Charlie Daniels Band)
Sunshine of Your Love (as made famous by Cream)
Holiday in Cambodia (as made famous by Dead Kennedys)
Cliffs of Dover (as made famous by Eric Johnson)
Hit Me with Your Best Shot (as made famous by Pat Benetar)
Black Magic Woman (as made famous by Santana)
Story of My Life (as made famous by Social Distortion)
Pride and Joy (as made famous by Stevie Ray Vaughn)
The Seeker (as made famous by The Who)
Black Sunshine (as made famous by White Zombie)
Miss Murder (by AFI)
Minus Celsius (by Backyard Babies)
Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
Hier Kommt Alex (by Die Toten Hosen)
Through Fire and Flames (by Dragonforce)
In the Belly of a Shark (by Gallows)
Welcome to The Jungle (by Guns N' Roses)
Avalancha (by Heroes Del Silencio)
Take This Life (by In Flames)
Number of the Beast (by Iron Maiden)
Ruby (by Kaiser Chiefs)
Closer (by Lacuna Coil)
Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
One (by Metallica)
Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
Mauvais Garcon (by NAAST)
Even Flow (by Pearl Jam)
Lay Down (by Priestess)
Bulls on Parade (by Rage Against The Machine)
3's and 7's (by Queens of the Stone Age)
Suck My Kiss (by Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Generation Rock (by Revolverheld)
Raining Blood (by Slayer)
Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
Radio Song (by Superbus)
The Metal (by Tenacious D)
I'm in the Band (by The Hellacopters)
Anarchy in the U.K. (by The Sex Pistols)
Reptillia (by The Strokes)
Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
Slash's Original Boss Battle Recording
Tom Morello's Original Boss Battle Recording
School’s Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
Paranoid (as made famous by Black Sabbath)
Cities on Flame (as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult)
Slow Ride (as made famous by Foghat)
Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)
Rock and Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
Mississippi Queen (as made famous by Mountain)
Rock You Like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)
La Grange (as made famous by ZZ Top)

Looks f*cking awesome!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: