ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DDR-A-Thon 5 (GH side tourney) Bloomington, IN October 20-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
No pics? Sheesh...

Someone was takikng pictures, but they'll only show me getting an awesome 186000 points for Cowboys

Playing at Malictus' place really threw me - for one thing, he had a CRT TV, and I just really struggled like crazy to not compensate for the lag - even when I finally managed to get the hang of that, for some reason I couldn't alt strum at all - interesting how accustomed one gets to your own unique playing environment...

I think that many of the Midwest folks are going to struggle initially when trying to play on my TV (w/ DLP lag). I am trying to arrange to get Richards unused 36" CRT TV to Richmond, and can hopefully have that done before Dec, so we have at least 2 TV options
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
Dreyvas wrote:
No pics? Sheesh...

Someone was takikng pictures, but they'll only show me getting an awesome 186000 points for Cowboys

Playing at Malictus' place really threw me - for one thing, he had a CRT TV, and I just really struggled like crazy to not compensate for the lag - even when I finally managed to get the hang of that, for some reason I couldn't alt strum at all - interesting how accustomed one gets to your own unique playing environment...

I think that many of the Midwest folks are going to struggle initially when trying to play on my TV (w/ DLP lag). I am trying to arrange to get Richards unused 36" CRT TV to Richmond, and can hopefully have that done before Dec, so we have at least 2 TV options

Gh2 won't have lag because of the 480p support.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
wuLFe wrote:
Dreyvas wrote:
No pics? Sheesh...

Gh2 won't have lag because of the 480p support.

Sweet - I wish they'd release the X360 version on Nov 7th though - 1080i support = almost teh win (I wonder if they're planning a PS3 version, because 1080P = awesome)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
malictus  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
Dreyvas wrote:
No pics? Sheesh...

Yeah, I was definitely not playing my best either, even though it WAS my own playing environment --- I guess having 30 or so people wandering around, Donkey Konga and Beatmania screaming at you from other rooms, and being under pressure because people are watching isn't exactly an optimum enviroment...
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
wuLFe wrote:
Dreyvas wrote:
No pics? Sheesh...

Yeah, I was definitely not playing my best either, even though it WAS my own playing environment --- I guess having 30 or so people wandering around, Donkey Konga and Beatmania screaming at you from other rooms, and being under pressure because people are watching isn't exactly an optimum enviroment...

Yup - I thought I wasa toast when you selected "Hey You" (I think you have the top score, dontcha?), but you had a very unfortunate run at that one, and I knew all I needed to do was just have a solid, yet uninspiring run to take that one - also, i now officially hate Donkey Konga

For some reason the Beatmania didn't bother me, but the Donkey Konga going in the background was really offputting - that game is LOUD!
malictus  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
For some reason the Beatmania didn't bother me, but the Donkey Konga going in the background was really offputting - that game is LOUD!

We can blame that on the lousy acoustics in my place --- well actually, the overly GOOD acoustics. I even went upstairs to ask them to turn it down, but from the loft I could barely hear Donkey Konga over our Guitar Hero. Oh well...
Dreyvas wrote:
No pics? Sheesh...

Here's one I scrounged up. That's Wulfe on the far left, GH controller in hand.

Fortunately, I wasn't able to scrounge up a pic of me...
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donkey Konga sucks anyways! Worst music rhythm game purchase ever. Even worse than Beatmania US for me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Donkey Konga sucks anyways! Worst music rhythm game purchase ever. Even worse than Beatmania US for me.

My 5-year old has mastered Donkey Konga, which shows you what its difficulty level is like. However, I still think it's fun for parties, since non-music game fans can catch on quickly and enjoy it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: