ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Freakout (by Red Octane) Lawrence, KS - Nov. 4th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackBurt0n  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero Freakout (by Red Octane) Lawrence, KS - Nov. 4th Reply with quote

EB Games Lawrence Guitar Hero Freakout sponsored by Red Octane!

Listen up, Larryville shredders! Red Octane and EB Games are graciously sponsoring a FREE Guitar Hero tournament at the Lawrence EB Games on Saturday, Nov. 4th! Read on for the most excellent details and rules...

What: 1 vs. 1 Guitar Hero Tournament on PS2.

Where:
EB Games #4868
3140 Iowa St.
Lawrence, KS. 66046

When: Saturday, November 4th, 2006. From 1 PM until it's over!

Who: Anyone 18 or older can participate in the tournament. If there are younger Guitar Heroes that want to participate in the tournament, they will have to have written permission from their parent(s) or legal guardian.

Why: Because we want to rock! (and because you know you want to show off AND pre-order a copy of Guitar Hero 2!)

Tournament Set-up and Guidelines:

1. The tournament will be setup in a 1 vs. 1 format with rounds consisting of a "best 2 of 3 songs" format for the winner to advance to the next round.

2. The songs being played in each round will be determined by the participants in the round. A coinflip will be used to determine who gets first song choice. The loser of the coinflip will choose the 2nd song, and, in the case of a 3rd song tie-break, the tournament organizer will pick a song at random.

3. Song difficulty will begin at the Medium level for the opening round of play, and as the tournament proceeds, the difficulty levels will increase to Hard, and eventually Expert for the Quarterfinals through the Finals.

4. Tournament seeding will be determined at random by the tournament organizers after registration has closed.

5. Tournament will be single-elimination style but is subject to change to double-elimination by the time the tournament begins if certain conditions are met.

6. All participants must register before the tournament by coming in-person to EB Games #4868 and filling out the sign-up sheet.

7. Registration for the tournament will end at 12 PM on November 4th, 2006.

8. There will be guitar controllers available for use at the tournament. Participants are welcome to bring their own guitar controllers for use in the tournament, but they are subject to prior approval by event organizers before they are used in competition.

9. Prizes will be announced one week prior to the event.

10. You must be ready to rock!

For questions/concerns or to contact the organizer, please call (785) 749-9444 and ask for Kevin.

JackBurt0n  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's the day, guys! See you all there!

Also, the confirmed prize: A new copy of Guitar Hero 2 WITH the guitar controller! Plus some other Red Octane schwag!

Good luck, and I'll definitely post the results after we're all done.

-Kevin
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ALMOST there! Sheesh. I knew I had other things lined up but I thought I could drive over there anyway. No such luck.

Let us know how it went!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: