ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Does your GH3 for Wii sound bad?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mordred  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Does your GH3 for Wii sound bad? Reply with quote

I looked but couldn't find any threads on this. All the sounds that come out of the game (not the Wii remote) sound lousy. There's lots of static and hiss in the soundtrack from what I'm hearing. Honestly, it sounds like the songs are being played through a FM station with a fair amount of noise in the background. It was instantly apparent to me and my wife.

For reference sake (and to shut up any potentional naysayers):
A) I've never heard sound like this from the Wii
B) I route my sound from the Wii to my rather expensive Sony ES receiver.
C) The receiver sounds fine when I hook up the PS2 using the same input connections
D) I have a relatively new floorstanding Klipsch surround system and it sounds fine for everything else
E) Yes, I did try unplugging and replugging the RCA connections thinking that might be the problem.
F) When the game isn't making a sound (loading screens) there's no hiss. It seems like it's in the soundtrack itself.

Is something defective? Is there a setting in the options I'm missing? I'm playing at reasonable volume levels (too loud and I can't hear the strum bar clicks) but it just sounds awful. I've had other Wii games with sound and they've never exhibited this problem. I'm finding it hard to believe that this is intentional.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

By which I mean, no, I'm not having this problem. Mine sounds normal.
Hibbleton  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda agree with what you're saying about some sounds being crappy. The actual songs sound great, but everything from the remote sucks (Nintendo's fault), the SP lightening is barely audible, there's too much 'dead space' before/after songs (the crowd sounds nonexistent sometimes), and I don't like how after the song and before the magazine the sound skips as it loads. These aren't huge issues but they all caught my attention and I wondered if it was the same for the other versions.
suicyd  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this too. I have both my Wii & my PS2 running through a stereo receiver. When I used to jam on GH2, it sounded great. GH3 for the Wii is another story.

The music tracks sound fine, but all the sound effects in the game remind me of something from one of those old school Sierra Entertainment PC games. In other words, like red-lined crunchy garbage. Kind of like digitized audio from a decade and a half ago.
Mordred  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had some way to record a quick mp3 of the sound I would. Sounds like I'm the only one having the problem then because my songs sound horrible. The sound affects aren't great, but they are "hissy" too. I'm going to try switching out the cables tomorrow (I bought some Wii Component cables) so maybe that will fix the problem.

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrmmm mine sounds fine and i have it running through cheapo logitech surround speakers...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game sounds fine except when starpower is engaged, then the guitar gets real distorted. Does this happen to anyone else?

Also the sound cuts out alot during online play, which is annoying.

I have the Wii version BTW.
Jawillde  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "You Rock" sound is horrible. I absolutely can't stand it and wish you could turn it off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MindJames
mdouet  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it really blasts my speakers, the graphic for the text also looks horrible.
shammack  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdouet wrote:
The game sounds fine except when starpower is engaged, then the guitar gets real distorted. Does this happen to anyone else?

Yeah, star power does sound pretty weird, but I think that's how it's supposed to sound... I just don't like it.
guitarfreakg290  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, i also noticed how crappy sound quality is on the wii version.
#18 on Wii Expert Rankings on 10/29
not gonna last for long!
CliveWinston963  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do your graphics look really bad? Like PS2 bad? that bothers me and the fact that there's no Bret Michaels.

Btw, when i beat hard and played ttfaf, the wiimote sounds were extremely annoying. Like amazingly annoying that I almost wanted to stop playing

long live clive winston!!!
suicyd  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CliveWinston963 wrote:
Do your graphics look really bad? Like PS2 bad? that bothers me and the fact that there's no Bret Michaels.

Btw, when i beat hard and played ttfaf, the wiimote sounds were extremely annoying. Like amazingly annoying that I almost wanted to stop playing

Hit the Home button the Wiimote and adjust speaker volume.
Hibbleton  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjusting the remote volume is one solution, but I'd rather the plink noise come from the TV like it used to. There's not an option I'm missing for this is there? Do you think it could be patched?
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hibbleton wrote:
Adjusting the remote volume is one solution, but I'd rather the plink noise come from the TV like it used to. There's not an option I'm missing for this is there? Do you think it could be patched?

Turn the remote's volume all the way to off and the plink will play on the TV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: