ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Painting my guitar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheePhenomenaut  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Painting my guitar Reply with quote

i think im planning on painting my SG, does any one have any idea of what to do and what not do do, like not color wise but like in a way were i dont fuck up my guitar
Cox  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weird, i was gonna post pretty much this same thing.....and any advice as to what paint to use/not use and best/easiest way to do it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: PooStick87
Waughoo  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm repainting mine right now as well (I'll post pics when it's done). Since it's not done yet, I cant say for sure what types of paint are best, but I've painted other game stuff and had them come out good. I'm using Painter's Touch spray paint for plastics. First I'd really recomend using a primer though, cause otherwise the paint wont stick without sanding first (although you probably should do that too). Make sue you follow the recoat times listed on the can though. I waited too long to paint after I applied the primer, and it peeled off so I had to scrap it and start over. The parts I followed the recoat times for all have come out fine. I'm also thinking of using a clear coat once the paint is dry, so I'll let you know how that turns out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: