Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FeedBack chart editor - Current Version 0.97b
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 170, 171, 172  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
conradrz  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: feedback 9c help Reply with quote

When I start feedback I get a screen that says feedback chart editor v.092c and all I get is a black screen wit 4 white rectangles with tetris like looking blocks next to each one of them

I have tried this on 3 different pc’s and get the same result.
all have updated drivers and the newest direct x.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
simey  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of questions:
> How do you resize feedback (the window)? When it opens its just too large to fit on the screen. Any way to resize this? I've tried editing the config.ini file to make the resolution smaller, but it didn't work. Is there also a way to edit the orientation of the program when it opens on screen? (such as, make it so it appears on the bottom right etc not the middle)

> When i copy and paste it only moves the track forward. Can someone PM me how to do this properly please. It could save me a lot of time.

Great work on feedback, i love making charts in it thanks for all the time and work you've put in to make charting easier for us
turbo  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got feedback working on my psp. This will be really handy for roadtrips or whatnot. I'm having trouble figuring out the controls, L2, shift, alt and other stuff like that. Could you make a small index or something explaining it turkey? thanks.
whitebread  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAHHHHHHHH, soooo angry! I was seconds away from finishing my chart for when the water breaks, and what do I just happen to find out? If you hit the 'w' and 'e' keys at the same time, Feedback closes! Now I have to redo a good amt. of stuff.
turbo  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I save every 5 minutes on EVERYTHING, you never know what can happen.
Simple Ctrl+S.
whitebread  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know saving constantly is probably a good idea, but i just get so into what im doing, that i forget about saving >.<
jthtiger  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a problem with feedback. It runs so laggy for me. I checked the percentages of ram and cpu that i am using and they both run about 50% so it is not my cpu. any ideas?

jthtiger
SO THAT MEANS ITS WEIFUCKDINAWESOME!

Congratulations Slipknot. . .You scare me.
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i trippin or does dB have Rock Band support?
F7 = 10 Key Guitar (rock band strat has 10 key's)
F8 = Drums (it could be drums)
F10 = Vocals (idk how it would work but, its in there)

what this means idk,
but there is a chance its Rock Band. right?

and awhile ago when he introduced those tracks he said "wait and see"
and as far as i know he never said what the actual uses of those tracks are.
[x] come up with a realistic goal
[x] Beat Guitar Hero III before the official release on Sunday october 28th
Guitarheroshero  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a problem ive seen for awhile and now ive decided to tell you. When the notes pass the little line and the bottom...You know how there sposed to go kinda dark right after. But now theres delay and kinda confuses me

Ive resorted to older version

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Important Note on Feedback Reply with quote

Ok... While using Feedback, I encountered a problem, but it was more of my fault, and I wish to warn others before they make this mistake.

When you download Feedback Chart Maker, (i have version .92c) you will notice there are three text documents,

events.txt
sections.txt
README.txt

included in the folder. READ THESE!!! The README is not needed to understand use of the software, it talks about how to run it on PC and where to place it for PSP use.

The Events and !!Sections!! text documents list the different titles for events and sections. The Events are pretty straightforward as they are listed in-editor as well, but the sections is the important one.

The "proper" section names are listed in the quotation marks in the file.

For example:

intro (correct)
introduction (not correct)
inrto (oops, but still off)

If you didn't put "intro" in as a section, but instead misspelled it or put a variation of it not on the list, it would ruin your game file.

As far as I know, this affects your game file only if you save, but I'm not gonna test that...

There is NO WAY to reverse this, and it will permanently ruin the notes you have in the chart (you cannot just copy-paste them to another notepad file and save that one as a .chart)!!!

Just thought I'd post this, if it could get stickied or added to the Feedback topic that'd be great.

~Tora
TurkeyMan  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitarheroshero wrote:
Theres a problem ive seen for awhile and now ive decided to tell you. When the notes pass the little line and the bottom...You know how there sposed to go kinda dark right after. But now theres delay and kinda confuses me

Ive resorted to older version

actually, i've fixed the bug.. now the timing window works..
the note shouldn't darken until the window expires (which is a noticeable delay).

if you're using the visual as a cue to help you sync... DON'T!
i have made no concession for audio vs video sync, and your chart will be out of time on everyone elses machine.

you must sync your chart against the audio (click track and claps) since the audio is always in sync with its self.
TurkeyMan  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbo wrote:
I got feedback working on my psp. This will be really handy for roadtrips or whatnot. I'm having trouble figuring out the controls, L2, shift, alt and other stuff like that. Could you make a small index or something explaining it turkey? thanks.

if you can give it some thought and suggest a good workable control map for psp, i'll set it as the default...
wesjett08  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I read the post above yours I had to ask...Sorry for my ignorance but do you HAVE to use the sections listed? Because on a couple I have like (crazy_fast_strumming_part) or somthing to that effect...Will this screw my game up or not?

I always use Intro though...it justs the ones past it I usually use different names for.

Thanks.

Edit: Game works fine even with funky section names...

PSN - loflyinjett - Drummer for the RBN band 'Ultra Saturday'
TurkeyMan  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesjett08 wrote:
After I read the post above yours I had to ask...Sorry for my ignorance but do you HAVE to use the sections listed? Because on a couple I have like (crazy_fast_strumming_part) or somthing to that effect...Will this screw my game up or not?

I always use Intro though...it justs the ones past it I usually use different names for.

what's funny is, i dont think i even read the sections.txt file at all ;)
maybe i wrote that code at like 3am one night, and its completely slipped my mind. but i do recall having planned to write that, and like... not..
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesjett08 wrote:
Edit: Game works fine even with funky section names...

Just wanted to clarify this to anyone else wondering: It really doesn't matter what you have for your section names. You could have Crazy_Fast_Strumming, crazy_fast_strumming, crazyfaststrumming, or Crazy Fast Strumming*, and the game will work fine either way. The only point of the 'sections.txt' is to list section names recognized by the Guitar Hero 2 engine, so it'll label them properly in-game (I.E. "gtr_solo_a" will look like "Gtr Solo A" in-game)

*Though this is a bad example, because it'll only show up as "Crazy" in-game, since the GH engine hates spaces in the section names.

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 93 of 172

Jump to: