ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Starpower opinions anybody?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitebread  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Starpower opinions anybody? Reply with quote

Just curious, what amount of time between each starpower sequence does everybody think to be reasonable?
xSergeantMINORx  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use your own discretion. It varies very much from chart to chart, even in-game. Study in-game charts and existing quality charts for examples, but something like this is ultimately up to you, as the chart's author. You may choose to have many, a few, or none at all. There is no right or wrong. I usually chart the phrases with some sort of path in mind, but sometimes I choose at random and let the people who play may charts make it up as they go along. This is my way of doing it; everybody does their own thing. Again, there is no "right" way to do this; it is entirely arbitrary and does not impact the quality of your chart whatsoever. Just know this:

JCirri wrote:
Star power is gained at a rate of 3.3333% of the meter per beat. This means the following:

Whammying for 7.5 beats will gain 1/4 of the star power meter
Whammying for 15 beats will gain 1/2 of the star power meter
Whammying for 30 beats will gain the entire star power meter

Note: In GH2's co-op mode, star power is acquired at a slower rate, as follows:
Whammying for 10 beats will gain 1/4 of the star power meter
Whammying for 20 beats will gain 1/2 of the star power meter
Whammying for 40 beats will gain the entire star power meter

Note that this star power explained above is only what is gained from whammying and does not include the 1/4 meter that you can additionally gain from completing star power sequences.

The amount of time it lasts is based on measures, and the amount of star power you have (duh).

A half filled star power meter lasts 4 measures.
A completely filled star power meter lasts 8 measures.

Note: In GH2's co-op mode, star power does not last as long and the following rules apply:
A half filled star power meter lasts 3 measures.
A completely filled star power meter lasts 6 measures.

Note: This star power duration is based on measures, not beats. The number of beats that a star power will last is dependent on which time signature you're playing in (in another words, how many beats are in a measure).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like xSergeantMINORx said it's really up to you, but if you really wanted some kind of numeric answer, I'd say at least 4 measures between each phrase, but on average you should do 8 measures. Another method you can use for plotting out starpower is to have one phrase for each new section (chorus, verse_1a, verse_1b, etc.)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
Leff  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll support the previous posts as well, and add that I generally like to change up the phrases that get star power. By that I mean the same riff of a song generally won't get star power twice, I like to change it up. There are, of course, exceptions based on the flow and feel of the song, but I think it makes it more interesting if the player is forced to master every riff to get the star power.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: